It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cokelore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyBoots
BTW, discovery channel's MYTHBUSTERS did an whole episode on cola myths. you might want to check it out as background research.

Dirty

i saw that episode.
coke + that candy thing is just a myth, and nothing else.
they did eventually get that stomach they used to burst, but as usual with the mythbusters, that only happened after they reeeally overdid the whole thing.
so there's really no way for that to happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
i heard of the coke and mentos.
try this for size. video link

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flekin
Hello, I am doing a project in science on busting myths. I was thinking on busting Cokelore myths, and i am having trouble finding decent cokelore myths. So far i only have "Will tapping a can of cola after shaking it up prevent it from fizzing or exploding?" Don't bust this myth for me, i need to do that myself, i just need to find some myths. Please help me.

And if this thread does not belong in here, move it. I just couldn't find anywere to put it.

Coke =

You cant bust this myth as it is not a myth, It actually works.

The reason it works (in my opinian) is because the bubbles stuck to the sides of the bottle/can will push the liquid up, but if you tap the bottle/can the bubble rise up and when opened the just let out the gas from the top rather than forcing the liquid up.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Very interseting topic, as I too am a cocaholic.At least 3 a day.And I also have indulged in one for breakfast.Really makes me wonder what its doing to me to drink that much.Maybe it's time to switch to fruit juice.BTW any heard about using coke to clean the stains in your toilet. Now that's really gross!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me why all these myths are about Coke.
What about Pepsi is that not a very similar drink. Aside from tasting a bit sweeter, I myself don't detect much difference.

I am personally a Coke fan. I apologize to any other Coke fans that may be offended by my mention of Pepsi. In a thread about Coke.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Omg... I just drank a whole can of coke at the carnival..

(I recommend Snopes).

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have never drank nor tasted any kind of soft drink.

Only water, milk, V8 and occasionally juice for me.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A trifle off topic but one thing that I have noticed is that on occassion (In the U.S.) you can get imported CocaCola that was made in Mexico. The "Mexican Coke" is still made with Beet or Cane sugar and there is a heck of a taste diffrence. CocaCola go back to the Cane or beet sugar!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yes tapping cap top before opening it will work , tap vigerously for a few seconds , its bust the bubbles at the top ect... tried snorting coke once but the ice cubes made my nose cold ( play on words guys think about it)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209

If you put aspirins in your Coke then it somehow becomes a really cool drug

Definitely not true. My grandmother used to do this for me and for my mom when she was little. Aspirin tastes nasty.

I take all of my medicine with Coke, because it's pretty much all I drink. If Lortab or Soma does nothing with Coke, then I doubt aspirin would.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I also saw the mythBusters Episode.
video.google.com...

They even do the spermicide one too.
The poprocks and soda i personally know doesn't work, but it's ideal for a burbing contest!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok, hear are some:

1) Can a penny in a can of coke that remains carbonated for a couple weeks actually clean the penny?

2) Can putting mentos in a can of coke make it explode (don't drink it and eat mentos at the same time, please:
)?

Coke has serious human rights issues.

Enjoy

lol, I just realized this thread is from 2005.

[edit on 2/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I dont know if its a myth but I read somewhere recently that coke was originally green.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I once read that a person has a higher chance of becoming addicted to the sugar used in Coke than the caffine in coke.

Something about how the type of corn syrup they use or something and how it bonds with something in your brain.

It wasn't a negative article on Coke or anything, just showing that people are more likely to get addicted to the high volume or sugar in various sodas than they are to the caffine content.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join