It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cokelore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hello, I am doing a project in science on busting myths. I was thinking on busting Cokelore myths, and i am having trouble finding decent cokelore myths. So far i only have "Will tapping a can of cola after shaking it up prevent it from fizzing or exploding?" Don't bust this myth for me, i need to do that myself, i just need to find some myths. Please help me.

And if this thread does not belong in here, move it. I just couldn't find anywere to put it.

Coke =

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here's a link try this

www.snopes.com...

also just type myths about coke into google

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Snopes is probably the best site you could ever find that has anything to do with any urban legends. In my opinion anyways.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
one myth is that coke can take rust off of a car's engine better than vinegar...and another one that says coke can decay a tooth within 48 hours...there's a lot:w:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dont forget Coke as a spermaside

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How about CocaCola can quench your thirst!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
wth is a spermicide?! sry um if i'm being a blonde but ....lol idk!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieD
one myth is that coke can take rust off of a car's engine better than vinegar...and another one that says coke can decay a tooth within 48 hours...there's a lot:w:

Its not really amyth, I can remember doing simething like that in school a few years back, when we looked att the tooth two days after it was dropped into a can of coke it was completely black

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Errr...spermacide is...
No, sorry, that's something Mommy and Daddy should have taught you.

Google for the answer. Yikes.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I don't know if you heard this one or not but "supposedly" if you drink too much coca cola and eat too many Mentos to fast the pop rock thing happens....explosion...Not likely but try taking a two liter of coke and adding a bunch of Mentos in it all at once...Do it outside though or at least in a bathtub and you shall see what happens...or the cheaper version I guess is half of a can and three mentos in a cup..

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here is another link concerning the many and varied uses of coca-cola:members.tripod.com....

What about the old chestnut that coca-cola once contained coc aine?

Here is a link to that:The Straight Dope

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
coke was originally made with coc aine until the early 20th century then they changed it to vegetable extract

eating crackaling candy and then drinking coke will make your stomach explode is probably the most famous myth

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was told by an EMT that firefighters use Coke to clean up blood stains from the highway after a nasty car accident. Supposedly the stuff is downright acidic.

Mmmmmmm....deadly

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
is it a kinda coke fact. the acidity of diet coke makes it a superb build-up remover for car battery terminals.
and yes, EMT's will pour warm soda (it doesn't matter what brand you use - -in fact, the generic brands work best - i'm guesing they are more acidic) on bloodstains on pavement before we have da fire dept. hose it off. the cola seems to have a lifting effect on the blood. i don't know if its the fizz or the acid or a combination of the 2 that does the work.

BTW, discovery channel's MYTHBUSTERS did an whole episode on cola myths. you might want to check it out as background research.

Dirty

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm a bona-fide Cocaholic! At the rate I drink Coke, I will completely dissolve in two weeks!! If what I've been reading here is accurate. :w:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoGrinia
I don't know if you heard this one or not but "supposedly" if you drink too much coca cola and eat too many Mentos to fast the pop rock thing happens....explosion...Not likely but try taking a two liter of coke and adding a bunch of Mentos in it all at once...Do it outside though or at least in a bathtub and you shall see what happens...or the cheaper version I guess is half of a can and three mentos in a cup..

um nope. as someone who drinks almost nothing but coke never had a problem(3-4 liters a day)

i have been told that coke is good for cleaning realy nasty toilets. as well we use coke or gingerale to clean tire cleaner products off the floor (hard to clean and slick we don't want accidents).

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am quite the coke-aholic my self, I drink it for my breakfast like people drink coffee...

It's better than Moutain dew...eewwww...IMHO

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I read that when soda cans are left in the sun at a tempurature of over 85°F, the soda and aluminum can will make aluminum-floride which is poisonus.

How can anyone drink Coke? Its the least flavorful soda ever. Pepsi, which is almost as bad, is twice as good as coke. And I hate Pepsi! And diet sodas have even less flavor. You might as well be drinking sodawater with some food coloring. Coke actually makes my mouth dry; the extreme lack of flavor makes me feel like im in a desert miles from water. Then imagine finding a fresh water oasis. That feeling of refreshment can only come from a can of Dr.Pepper! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Actually, we do use Coke to clean blood stains off the streets after an accident. Not always Coke... if we have Club Soda with Lemon we use that... if that isn't available just about any soda pop that is on sale, we use.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Two I heard were -

Cokes secret ingredient uses burned ground-down bones in it

If you put aspirins in your Coke then it somehow becomes a really cool drug

top topics

<<   2 >>

join