It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are fed lies,and they taste good ,you think,,,,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
All of the events in the world are televised for your viewing pleasure,you believe almost everything you see and hear to be the truth,the most incredible thing about this is that all this stuff you spend so much time discussing,thinking about,talking and writing about has absolutely nothing to do with you or your life in any truly direct way.Reality is that if you did not know about it,it would make no difference,reality is that the television,radio,the movies and news and....................Don't mean anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Unbalanced

Speaking for me alone, my life is directly affected by what I believe and disbelieve, what I find and post here, and these things have a direct impact on my 'everyday life'.

I don't swallow anything without knowing the recipe that went into its preparation, personally.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"Don't mean anything...."

My question to you 'unbalanced' is if TV, radio, the movies, and the news, don't mean anything....what does mean anything?
Reality is what you want to make it to be. Reality is subjective judgements made on a personal value system incorporating experiences. Reality is determining what is 'real' and what isn't.
The reality of it all is that you are effected by it.....whether you want to see it, hear it, watch it or read it.
Logic dictates that 'reality' is all around you and whether you like it or not, it effects you directly or indirectly
.....wake up....rub the sleep out your eyes....before 'reality' does it for you.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,at least right now they are,unless some of this legislation actually gets passed and we lose our right to freedom of expression officially,legally....
This whole thing,the whole world has so little to do with you,if you died tomorrow only your family and close friends would remember you in the next year,you would make no difference,just like everything makes no difference,we are all replacable,if we weren't,the places where we work would fold when we die,and we all know that ain't gonna happen don't we?.
Intelligence is an awsome thing,but you must understand that it has a place like anything else,it is not used to demean or belittle others,to make yourself feel better about yourself at the expense of others.The tree of knowledge referred to in the garden of eden is a reference to something that almost everyone has missed,well,drifting...........................
I am one of the most awake people I know as far as that goes,I deal only in the truth,and it is always evolving,the more I learn,the less I recognize of my old self.I have a problem dealing with people who think they are awake almost daily,I don't care if I fit in.
In short,life is meaningless.
In short,we make our own reality.
In short,you are not who you think you are.
These attitudes have cost me a lot,but the rewards far outweigh the losses,I am free.RU?.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reality is what is still there after you stop believing in it.
-some smart guy,I don't remember his name....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
reality is what is still there after you stop believing in it.
-some smart guy,I don't remember his name....

Absolutely!!

Since there is now Reality, one must look for every avenue to seek a model of it outside of the surface Media mish mash.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ,at least right now they are,unless some of this legislation actually gets passed and we lose our right to freedom of expression officially,legally....
This whole thing,the whole world has so little to do with you,if you died tomorrow only your family and close friends would remember you in the next year,you would make no difference,just like everything makes no difference,we are all replacable,if we weren't,the places where we work would fold when we die,and we all know that ain't gonna happen don't we?.
Intelligence is an awsome thing,but you must understand that it has a place like anything else,it is not used to demean or belittle others,to make yourself feel better about yourself at the expense of others.The tree of knowledge referred to in the garden of eden is a reference to something that almost everyone has missed,well,drifting...........................
I am one of the most awake people I know as far as that goes,I deal only in the truth,and it is always evolving,the more I learn,the less I recognize of my old self.I have a problem dealing with people who think they are awake almost daily,I don't care if I fit in.
In short,life is meaningless.
In short,we make our own reality.
In short,you are not who you think you are.
These attitudes have cost me a lot,but the rewards far outweigh the losses,I am free.RU?.

Free?
Free as in what? Freedom is subjective. Freedom is an illusion.
Freedom to you is not the same for another.
The real question is are you "truly" free.....RU?

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with your computer.
Do not attempt to adjust the monitor.
We are now controlling the transmission.
We control the horizontal and the vertical.
We can deluge you with a thousand links or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond.
We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive.
We will control all that you see and hear.
You are about to experience ATS, the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
While it is true in the short term view that what you don't know can't hurt you, it is in fact exactly the opposite case when looked at it from the long term. The things happening in the world around us have an impact on us indirectly, if not directly, regardless of whether or not we are aware of it. To discuss and mull over events in the world is to prepare ourselves for the time when those events do become relevant. Living in the here and now is great, but if one's not careful the future has a tendency to sneak up and catching one off guard. The only chance we have to protect ourselves from ourselves is to watch, and study, and learn everything we can about the world around us. Then we can prepare and respond accordingly. The need to ignore the atrocities around us because they don't affect us RIGHT NOW, is what has gotten us into the sorry state that we are in today.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Just how irrelevant it really is,and always will be,was pointed out to me very clearly on Jan 23 2000,when I had a stroke and just about almost croaked,yeah,if you were immortal it would be relevant,life is not forever,I will prepare for the other side,not this side.The worst thing that can happen to me is that I could die,and there is no way of avoiding it,it's only a matter of time,it is inevitable that my physical body will die eventually.
Inevitability is relevant,only one thing is inevitable,all else is directly attributed to your personal perception of reality,and death is one of those things that is pretty much the same for everyone,no favorites,no winners,just dead.Reality.
Next,what's after death?,who's the bossman on the other side?.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

uNBaLaNCeD get that script of chlorpromazine (thorazine) filled stat you crazy basturd!

Death is like the weather...
There is nothing you can do about it so you might as well kick back and enjoy the ride!

This might help you determine your death day,
Death 4 Day

Somebody needs to change his transmission!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

All of the events in the world are televised for your viewing pleasure,you believe almost everything you see and hear to be the truth,the most incredible thing about this is that all this stuff you spend so much time discussing,thinking about,talking and writing about has absolutely nothing to do with you or your life in any truly direct way.Reality is that if you did not know about it,it would make no difference,reality is that the television,radio,the movies and news and....................Don't mean anything.

I think a lot of what goes on in the media is preplanned... I mean did you catch the pic of bush and his cronies taking a little stroll at his ranch in texas? I mean whats up with only Bush and Condo Leeza's holding their head up and the rest are looking down... I find that highly strange.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I reached the exact same state of mind although without a stroke and stayed there alone for what seemed was going to be forever. The place I'm talking about seems to be the same as where you have been living since your near death of 2000. As I read your posts the description portraid by your words brings back memories so vivid like walking through that now ancient childhood home we all have left behind during our journey out into the world abroad.

First I'm not going to waste your time telling you that this "Nothing Matters" view point of yours is wrong, cause it's not wrong, but it is also full of potential that lay in silent by your side. It's no secret that those who see the truth of reality are then forced to also evaluate one's specific meaning within that infinity. At such an extreme comparison the importance of even an entire galaxy is like that of a water droplet's value to the oceans in which it is lost. This can feel quite lonely especially when so many other people fail to act when their help was most wanted. All of this is not new however since the true nature of what is, always was, and will continue to be forever. It is you who has changed and in doing so have the chance to see the world around you without the need to swallow the choking Lies the masses safely cage themselves into and a chance to release the weight you alone have held in judgement against yourself, so that you may now experience the perfect flow of life complete in every moment, Void is the need for what was nor concerned of what is to be, because effort toward controlling what IS only results in you stepping out of sink and LOSING YOUR WAY.

You said that you are "planning for the other side, instead of this one you are on", which is the choice each and every individual decides at all times even if they are not aware such a choice existed. The one true way will BE regarless, so the choice you make is really only the choice to either see it or convince yourself that you do not see it. You cannot live a lie nor can you change what is true, but you can confuse yourself into not understanding why. Life has and will move in perfect harmony which nobody can improve upon, and doesn't mean that your life has no meaning, because the meaning IS for YOU to LIVE IT, experiencing it's perfection as one of the whole. If you still cannot see how important you are, consider the fact that if even just the smallest one part of the vast infinite is excluded, it is so important that it alone has made the infinite no longer infinite. So you might even say that Life needs each and every one of us, infinitly more than any one of us need it. Just as the waters of the oceans are one without visible division, it is those divided drops of rain alone following their own path that make the oceans waters what they are. Just as each of us walk alone in our OWN WAY, All within the confinement of ONE TRUTH that leads toward the SAME COMMON GOAL. Anyone who can see the truth from what has been said, from now on will also see that it is impossible for any of us to be considered meaningless in the life we lead, and most certainly not alone.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
what do you mean "Don't mean anything"
my life along with millions of other NY'ers lives have been directly affected by the past 3 yrs.

I have seen things that would make your god damn eyes bleed out of your head. how bout identifying a body of your loved one....decapitated. Is that not good enough for you? That made the news. It affected my life.

Lets see....

getting on the train to get to a client meeting when all of the sudden...the train stops dead in its tracks. someone was so fuc*ed up over his life that he decided to end it by throwing himself onto the speeding R train coming from Manhattan. Hey..that story made the news...and it affected my life alright. do i count now?

or maybe being evacuated from manhattan and walking over the brooklyn bridge while human dust fills the air behind you. that made the news as well. I would say top story of the decade.

The media and all of its eye candy is a spinning machine I do agree. Just because you get no evil action in your life doesnt mean others dont get a taste of it.

tell me, how safe do you feel when your out in the open?

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by kitty]

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How safe do I feel out in the open?,is that a veiled threat of sorts?,turn your anger toward the appropriate person,yourself,for not having the sense to remove yourself from such a place if it is so horrible,too realistic to deal with then leave.None of what you speak of means anything,I have had many experiences which caused me great harm emotionally also,but They were all meaningless,the past is gone,the things you speak of are the reality you made for yourself by choices you make in your life.
Big cities are just toys for the types of people who made the WTC thing happen.
Oh yeah,there is no such thing as safe out in the open,there is no such thing as safe,you sound like you think people are immortal or something,it is meaningless anyway,it does not matter.
Take your best shot if that is what you are getting at ,it's your soul.
But I do Take Measures considering the number of fools out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
big words spoken by such a little mind

I would love to know where you live...oh brainy one.

I hope a pigeon poops on your head one day

top topics

join