It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to MANDATE mental health screening for '05-'06 school year (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I agree with you on the skepticism, majic. I also agree with your views of rense, but just because it is posted there doesn't make it false.

I am very suspect of most, if not all, of the "legislation" being handed down these days "for our well-being". Since when has government been concerned about the well-being of its citizens. My guess is not since the Old Testament.

I have read the document also and am concerned about how out justices may start interpretting it.

Here is another site for those who would like to see more cooroboration...
www.onlinejournal.com...

[edit on 6-6-2005 by BadMojo]

[edit on 6-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The provisions set forth in the New Freedom Initiative don't provide much room for debate.

Here are two threads related to this discussion:
Mandatory Mental Health Screening Challenged in House
Bush Signs Legislation Prohibiting Forced Medication of Children
Bush plans to screen whole US population for mental illness

As far as Mandatory Mental Health Screening, I believe this IS one of the initiatives set forth in the New Freedom Initiative:
www.mentalhealthcommission.gov... 05.htm

My only question is how the author of the article found out or thinks the screening will begin for the 2005/2006 school year.

But if you want to find out the truth about such initiaves, visit the Mental Health Commission.

By the way, what is with these asinine names like "New Freedom Initiative"? You'd think that would already be taken after a war or something, anything can really be called a New Freedom. They need to fire the guy who names these things, it's like they only have a 50-word vocabulary, and 45 of the words being some context of "Freedom".

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I’m so glad I just graduated.

Just what we need, more power to the schools and government to force children full of Ritalin and other “helpful” drugs. Sure this could help serious problems be detected such as child abuse, but how often are these things used purely for their ideal purposes.

After all, there must be some kind of darker motive behind it if they felt it necessary to add freedom to its name. I mean, isn’t that usually the case, to add something patriotic to the name of some bill that has nothing to do with freedom, or at least nothing that helps it. Patriot act, Operation Iraqi Freedom…

Just think of the possibilities for abuse…

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethys
Sure this could help serious problems be detected such as child abuse, but how often are these things used purely for their ideal purposes.

Not nearly as many child abuse cases as parents who have a different view point than the examiner.
Makes me wonder, if I set bedtime too late do I become negligent? Does my child now have trauma requiring medications? what about if mommy & daddy don't live together? Is my child now on some watch list because the medicine prescriber needs to fill some quota or his school doesn't prescribe as much as the one down the street?

how long do you think it would really take for these examiners to get on a drug company payroll?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
One thing I would like to remind everyone is that in many states, since the Brady Bill was signed, you can not get a permit to own a firearm if you have been under the care of a psychiatrist or have been prescribed anti-depressant or anti-pshychotic medications.

The 8 Million kids on anti-depressants today, will never know their fourth amendment rights, ever.
Keep muiltiplying that 8 million, every year.
In 20 years, maybe less, this will mean almost every young adult,disarmed.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Looking at the history of such things as this Texas algorithm project, it reminds me of other schemes that were fashionable in the past, Phrenology for example.

Please view:

The History of Phrenology on the Web

Now you have your own modern version of phrenology, and forced drugging of your kids under pains of CPS intrusion. What a marriage of corporations and government, the definition of fascism. Is it time to leave the United States? Maybe so, because the European Union may be breaking up and no more corporate fascism there, however the stranglehold is growing in what is becoming the so called United States, a former free country. Apparently the Orwellian name "New Freedom Initiative," is neither freedom nor much of any kind of iniitiative for the people in general. If pandering to special interests, and intruding into people's lives in a fashion similar to what we read in Solzhenitsyn is "new fredom," my horse feathers detector is off the scale right now.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
All of this sounds and feels all too familiar IMO. The words may change but the story stays the same. That story my friends is called "Eugenics", "Euthanasia", "Compulsory Sterilization" and "Population Control". Seems to me that the "President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health" is just the new Politically Correct way of saying it.

A poster from a 1921 eugenics conference proudly displays which U.S. states had by then implemented sterilization legislation.

The first significant country to undertake compulsory sterilization programs for the purpose of eugenics was the United States of America. The principal targets of the American program were the mentally retarded and the mentally ill, but also targetted under many state laws were the deaf, the blind, the epileptic, the physically deformed, and even orphans and the homeless. Some sterilizations also took place in prisons and other penal institutions, targeting criminality, but they were in the relative minority.
www.answers.com...

In the United States in recent years, interest in eugenics has centered around genetic screening. It is known, for example, that hemophilia, albinism, and certain structural abnormalities are inheritable. Family gene maps, called pedigrees, can help families with serious diseases avoid having children with the same diseases through genetic counseling, and, increasingly, prospective parents can be tested directly for the presence of undesired genes. If conception has occurred, tests such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling can be used to detect certain genetic defects in the fetus.
www.answers.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hmmm. This is a blast from the past. I wonder what has become of this "initiative" since then? Mandatory health insurance and government control over the entire healthcare mafia sure does look a little more ominous when you combine it with something like this.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
Hmmm. This is a blast from the past. I wonder what has become of this "initiative" since then? Mandatory health insurance and government control over the entire healthcare mafia sure does look a little more ominous when you combine it with something like this.

Brought to you by the people who were complaining about it.
How... ironic?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join