It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

caverns in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hi All,

over the past few months i have become interested in underground (lost ancient) cities, most of the stuff i have read are Brantons writings. i have read about one in the UK near Bury St. Edmunds, however, the story to go with it is about 800 years old.
Can anyone provide links/info on these cities especially in the UK.

If any are found in the UK a small group and I will attempt to gain evidence in support of this theory.

Help.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If I get time I can go check it out first hand in a few months

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I was born near Bury St Edmunds........ Definitely no underground cities there. Nearest we get to that are the Neolithic Flint Mines known as Grimes Grave, just up the road in Norfolk.

There's also Dunwich, away on the Suffolk coast, that was once a thriving sea port and now just a tiny hamlet, the rest of teh town having being slowly consumed by the sea due to extensive coastal erosion.

In Edinburgh there are some old city streets which are now actually underground, the city having been bult up on top of them. That's about as far as underground cities go in the UK.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
When i grew as a kid in Cheshire, there was a place called Lyme Park there...theres always been talk of secret underground tunnels which link the hall to other houses in the grounds and although most are man made there is apparentley a natural tunnel that runs 20 miles underground from there to a place called Alderley Edge.

The area now belongs to the natural trust but if your ever near there its a beautifull place to visit and you can walk around the moors and gardens freely.

I still believe that the tunnels are there and there is of course the romantic tales of the Leigh Familys fortunes hidden in them (they owned the hall for centurys), however i spent most of my youth looking for them, to no avail....although i do have some places i never got round to looking?

My great grandfather told me that they blew the natural entrance to the tunnels up before ww1 because people were going in and not coming back out....although ive never found a document or record to prove this?

Regards.

top topics

join