It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria tests N. Korean missiles; One strays into Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well now, this is interesting!

How did this get past Turkey's missile early warning system?

I thought Turkey / US / NATO had all of this high end missile tech stuff from the cold war for a early warning against the Russians located in Turkey?

If I was Syria, I would use caution. The last country in the region I wanted to piss off would be Turkey.

This could be a blessing! This could get very interesting.

Friday, June 3, 2005
LONDON — Syria has launched at least two Scud D medium-range missiles in the military's biggest test of the North Korean-developed system.

Western intelligence and Israeli sources said Syria fired the Scud D missiles on May 27 toward the Jordanian and Turkish border. They said at least one Scud D flew more than 400 kilometers and was exploded in the Hatay district of Turkey.

www.worldtribune.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow, this gives the U.S. right to attack Syria NOW! Turkey is a member state of NATO and an attack on one of us is an attack on us all, so basically Syria just attacked U.S. soil.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wow, this gives the U.S. right to attack Syria NOW! Turkey is a member state of NATO and an attack on one of us is an attack on us all, so basically Syria just attacked U.S. soil.

This is old news...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one attacked anyone. And no one is going to attack anyone over this.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
...so basically Syria just attacked U.S. soil.

I don't think so... As said above, a repost, please use the serach tool, or look through the first few pages before posting.

top topics

join