It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam faces just 12 charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
IRAQ said today it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator

Link

His trial should begin within two months

Will this increase the violence when this trial becomes closer ??

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is only the first case, there may be more trials coming. But most likely he will be sentenced to death from these and just get executed as soon as possible.

[edit on 6/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sth Hemisphere
IRAQ said today it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator

The other 488 must be the ones which incorporate the US and UK.
He won't live through the trial anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
All that he's getting is 12? That seems a little bit underdone to me. Although I'm sure that he will face death whether it's 12 or 1200, I think that it would look better to the world if he is charged with more than 12. It's amazing the way legal systems work no matter where something happens.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
12, 1, 2 , 5, 763....does it make a difference? Not really, he's
gonna get the same punishment, death.

Why does he even bother with wanting a very good lawyer?
It''s not like he can get him off the hook....or get him a lesser
sentence.

Good lawyer, bad lawyer...bla bla bla....After Saddam is long gone
he will still be known as he is now....and evil dictator
who killed thousands.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Basically the Iraqis wanted to move forward with something because of local pressure so they're moving forward with the charges that are ready. In the end the punishment will be the same death.

I have a related ATSNN story on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Difficult to establish his personal involvement with any of the many atrocities.... international authorities hope to nail him with parking too close to a mass grave.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is only the first case, there may be more trials coming. But most likely he will be sentenced to death from these and just get executed as soon as possible.

[edit on 6/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

You really think so?

I'm not so sure.

Despite international rallies for his death sentence, I'm really not convinced it will happen.

In a fair trial, this isn't exactly easy to accomplish - past history doesn't support the actual carrying out of the death sentence when it's relating to war-crimes.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That isn't even Saddam they are showing off for the cameras there.

No other countries leaders would let that happen to him. He is hiding in either China or Russia OR MAYBE another Muslim country.

But like as if they expect us to believe that he had no plan of escape and that his upper ranks and right hand men abandoned him to a rat hole and the US military. Would never happen.

Its even been revealed that the capture itself was staged. And that THIS Saddam was not found in the hole that they filmed there. He had been clean shaven a clean, but they dirtyed him up and even placed the money in the hole with him.

What do you want to bet that it isn't the real Saddam.

His wife even begged to see him, and when she was finally allowed to see him, she said "That isn't my husbend! You think I can't recognise my own husbend and a double?!"

Something like that anyways.

SO! This is all meaningless, because it isn't even the guy who is guilty of the stuff they are accusing him of.

I can't wait until the day that Saddam pokes his head out from somewhere during the trial.

Actually.. in order to make sure this doesn't happen, he probablly already has a new I.D. and been made up to be a different person. Probablly the deal or something he made with whoever took him in.

I dunno.. I just know.. the only thing I'm fairly sure I know.. is that, that isn't Saddam.

Its just so unlikely.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
12 charges only because its like trying to convict a person to 800 years in prison or somthin if they do the some 500 charges. really, its ridiculous to charge like in U.S. or in Europe like hundreds of years in prison wen a prisoner can only live about 100. so 12 charges is enough for him if death penalty or life in prison.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
That and it ensures that if these charges don't stick, there's still a huge pool from which to draw.

Kind of like when we see a serial killer charged with the deaths of only half of the victims....if there's a problem, technicality, they can refile for the remainder without risking double jeopardy.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Also it will make the trial shorter.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Also it will make the trial shorter.

Great point

We don't need any more michael Jackson trials here now do we?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
That isn't even Saddam they are showing off for the cameras there.

I dunno.. I just know.. the only thing I'm fairly sure I know.. is that, that isn't Saddam.

Its just so unlikely.

What makes you think that it isn't him? I have looked at other sites, and they all look like Saddam to me.

Do you have any real proof that it isn't him, links etc, or is this just your opinion?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Of course it's him...we checked his DNA for God's sake!

The only reason people are saying it's not is because it sounds conspiratorial and sexier to... :shk:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And yet "sexier" was a term I'd never ever think of being used in the same sentence as "Saddam".

How wrong was I.

Anyway....DNA...good point! Where IS the DNA evidence? Admittedly, I haven't searched too hard, but I'll certainly have a look and see what IS out there. Having said that, certain conspiracy buffs will of course confirm that DNA results can be faked.

The results to ANY test can be hidden, faked, denied, lost, whatever. Presumably the only thing that would constitute absolute proof (if such a monster exists) would be viewing the collection, transfer and analysis of such DNA personally - or at the very least, by an impartial third-party.

I'm not convinced the prisoner isn't Hussein. It just doesn't seem likely, to me.

top topics

join