It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Rumsfeld in Norway?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The official program says that Rumsfeld, amongst other things are going to meet Norways Defence Minister.

It is nice to see media relay this information, but there is NEVER any information about why or what he is there to discuss. That annoys me!
Why, oh, why is Rumsfeld, US Hawk numero uno in Norway, really?

Could it be that the US has realized they have a greater interest of removing their military stash from norwegian soil? Are they insecure of norwegian foreign policy, are they wanting norwegian kiss bush' butt?
I don't think I am wrong, when I state that since Rumsfeld is coming here, he is actually demanding something, since the US vision of Norway is an geographical outpost. I want to know, what is Rumsfeld demanding from Norway this time? Anyone having any good ideas?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
He's probably just following up on the demands made by Norwegian Minister of Defense Kristin Krohn Devold during her April 2002 visit to the Pentagon:

Click picture for details

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I believe "RUMSFELD" is in norway to discuss the possible purchase and closer working ties on the new norwegian stealth patrol craft, that the US has shown a great interest in.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
did you guys hear that Rummy is leaving the White House??

He will have a replacement before Bush's term is over

i heard it on Fox News last night

just so you know

(havent seen a thread about it yet)
but wait
there will be one...
soon

well if Rummy is out...who is going to replace him?
this will get real big soon just watch

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I heard he was gonna be replaced with a singing scarecrow.....

"umm...umm.um.um.....If I only had a brain."

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything about Rumsfeld stepping down, and I'm sure it would be major news if true. Do you have any source???

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Rumsfeld is in Norway to sign an agreement regarding storage of military equipment and COB airbases in Norway. The Norwegian Minister of Defence and Rumsfeld are meeting at Natos Joint Warfare Centre in Stavanger.

article from the newspaper Stavanger aftenblad(not translated): web3.aftenbladet.no...

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Northern Norway]

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Northern Norway]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Rummy hugging Kristin. Who is that man with the sunglasses? Is it McCain? Is he in Norway too?

Photo: LARS EIRIK EIDE

edit: This picture was taken today...

[edit on 2005/6/7 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I heard that story on Fox but it wasn't about Rumsfeld stepping down, it was about who is the Deputy Defense Secretary if Rumsfeld is away or if he dies since Wolfowitz left. And as of now by default its the Secretary of the Navy until the Democrats shut up and let congress vote on a new one.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well, at least he was on a cruise while being in Norway!

in this vessel: KV Harstad
Related info about KV Harstad:
RollsRoyce

He was taken on sightseeing to this place:

Lysefjorden

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by veritas 7
I believe "RUMSFELD" is in norway to discuss the possible purchase and closer working ties on the new norwegian stealth patrol craft, that the US has shown a great interest in.

Yep - thats what I thought of first also, when I saw this article

US Navy wants some of the new stealth technology, which the Norway Navy has improved in last couple of years.

[edit on 8/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Well, at least he was on a cruise while being in Norway!

in this vessel: KV Harstad
Related info about KV Harstad:
RollsRoyce

He was taken on sightseeing to this place:

Lysefjorden

how can you go to norway and not go see the amazing sights! however i think it is to do with the new norwegain stealth boats which the americans have been very keen to see.

www.atsnn.com... maybe this should be linked to this forum also
www.norwaypost.no... another link of interest?

[edit on 8/6/05 by jayce]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Of course, honourable Rumsfeld is being protected since he is, after all, regarded a very attractive target for nihilistic freedomfighters. -or [insert description here]

So under this "open" pressconference held in the norwegian Departement of Defence, certain foreign medias, covering foreign news, has been screened out. Officially this has been done due to space in the room where the conference is held. Amongst others a reporter from BBC and one from Al-Arabiya.

This screening is not in thread with norwegian principles of publicity regarding an officialy open pressconference. It is also reason to believe this is being done to avoid media to ask Rumsfeld "hot" questions from medias with a dominating arabic ordiance.
It is indeed a streak of censorship in this, and the norwegian defence minister should not go along with this. Or at least make sure that only the big medias get access, not neccesarily the local media, whereof maybe 10.000 people reads.

"...but NRK will cover it..." - you say? Well, they suck up to the Government, or Norway Inc. I don't think we will get full coverage there...
(NRK = Norwegian Broadcasting Company)
Hopefully TV2 gets in there and will be able to send a full coverage pr. TV.

Related Newssite:
Dagbladet (no)

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Perhaps this is why the Secretary of Defense is in Norway.

"U.S. cuts air bases it uses in Norway from 5 to 2"

www.tucsoncitizen.com...

[edit on 05/6/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe he is there to pick up his secret unregistered terrorist interogation plane that landed there the other day.
since Norway was asking for an explanation before allowing it to leave...

here for the thread: gov. owned abuse plane

top topics

join