It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is MENSA a secret society...?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous ATS
Sure you qualified for Mensa but decided not to join. It is always interesting how people are so interested in Mensa that they get tested or go to lengths to find out if they may qualify from prior testing, and then claim that they qualify but decided not to join. Admit it, you did not qualify, it doesn't make you a bad person, just an unqualified person, one of the lower 98.

LOL! I qualify based on my ACT scores, but didn't see the point of paying $70 a year (current membership) to put a Mensa sticker on my car.
My daughter just joined based on a school given WISC-IV test, but more for the college application & scholarship potential. She doesn't want to go to any meetings because "I've been to some gifted student activities, and most the people are big egotistical jerks." Guess you're proving her point.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Is MENSA a secret society...?

Maybe its like the Star Trek allegory?
There were those episodes where the Captain would walk around amongst the Borg without being assimilated.
Secret in that sense?
There have been movies like "Sneakers" that help kids think in new directions, like listening for anagrams.
A lot of Mensa stuff is just plain too esoteric though.

When applying for a job the corporate psychologist gave me several IQ tests setting the clock to only 8 minutes on the second one(is that fair). I asked how I scored, and he suggested I might be a candidate for prison. The tests were for a job interview not for membership in a high IQ society though.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join