It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview: Hunter S. Thompson slams Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interview: Hunter S. Thompson slams Bush

www.aintitcool.com...

God I wish this guy was President.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Huh, how revolutionary. A liberal drug-abuser bashes Bush. How many times a day does that happen?

As far as Hunter S. Thompson becoming president... If you'd honestly like to see this country sink that much lower, be my guest.

Don't get me wrong, I love his books, and like most people here, i've done my share of experimenting.
Hunter in '04? Come on.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hunter S. with Ted Nugent for Vice.
What a strange world we could live in.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If the senate tried to push a law through that disagreed with Nugent, arrows would be flying everywhere in the capital.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA
That's great. I was more thinking he would open hunting season on crack dealers and whatnot

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd hunt some crackdealers. Nugent in '04!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
With ya' on that one. I have seen my share of friends fall to that crap.
As far as I'm concerned, the war on drugs is being fought like Vietnam. Anyone who can make a difference has their hands tied behind their backs. It's disgusting knowing where all of the money ends up, as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

God I wish this guy was President.

Me too..........I would move to America if that happened

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Right, but if someone of his caliber became president, this country would be in serious danger. There already is alot of work that needs to be done, the last thing we need is some dumb bastard dropping acid in the oval office.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
gore

Your last comment about the low calibre of a 'president', the country being in perilous danger, and a drugged-out individual in the Whitehouse applies more to George W Bush than it will to any other US President in history.

You got that in one.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm with Gore on this one.
Hunter is not really the right type to represent us as a country. He has some good insights and some off the wall aspects so I like him. Not as president though.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Great as a LOVABLE, extremely intelligent, LUNATIC writer...

A great president? That's about as likely as Goregrinder turning his guns in for candles...

Frankly, beyond being a human with full right to express his opinion, I don't even see how Hunter is qualified to comment on the presidency...

I can't beleive he is lucid enough to really know what's going on...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
THe above post by "Thermonuke" is actually ME using my son's computer without changing log ins...

THis is an ATS family I've got here!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey now thermo, it's a right to have weapons. I'm nowhere near a gun-toting redneck, but i'm definantly not afraid to use them.

BTW, thompsons only good book if fear and loathing. the rest pretty much sucks.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Right, but if someone of his caliber became president, this country would be in serious danger. There already is alot of work that needs to be done, the last thing we need is some dumb bastard dropping acid in the oval office.

Well my excuse is that I really think that the world is coming to an end in the near future. What better way to live your last days than under the guidance of a spaced out, philisophical loon? Sounds fantastic.....

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That was my post wherein your guns were mentioned...

It was meant as an analogy ONLY...

I AM a gun totin' red neck (well, as much as banker can be one that is) and I agree it's our UNALIENABLE RIGHT to carry and keep firearms to protect ourselves and our families from the bad guys...

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas was definately Mr. Thompson's master work and Johnny Depp NAILED the part in the movie.

The thought of HST as president causes me unstoppable laughter...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
EDIT:JEDIMASTER

BOBO I have editied this for flaming a fellow member stop it now.

[Edited on 8-9-2003 by JediMaster]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
tut tut

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Hunter S. with Ted Nugent for Vice.
What a strange world we could live in.

Nuge would kill Thompson they are so opposite!!
Nuge is super conservative.

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO'S

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I couldn't see Thompson running for President, although I would've like to have seen him win the Sherriff race in Vail. I could see him covering someone like Kucinich during the campaign. His read on McGovern in 72' is a hoot.

Personally I liked Bill Murray performance in Where the Buffalo Roam than Depp's in Vegas.

new topics

top topics

join