It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smelly Mystery Blob Takes Over N.J. Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm going to have to invite Gaz here to get rid of that horrible stereotype he has stuck in his head.

I'd love to see ya PA, but no thanks! I drove through Jersey once....

ONCE....

They have this strange concept there....the total absence of U-Turns. Big concrete barriers run down the middle of a street, separating the directions of traffic. If you miss your turn (which is marked only with about an 8" circular little sign)...then it's about 10 miles till you can then turn around. After turning around, you then have to drive the 10 miles to get to the turn you missed, plus an additional 10 miles so you can turn around again, to hope to God you see that little sign this time....

Couple this, with a total lack of signing to get you where you want to go (i.e. even when it's something major, like the Interstate, or New York City, etc.)

I have never sworn so much in my life, and the words I said that day, would make a sailor blush....
At one point, I was like, "Great, we're gonna end up in frickin' Hoboken who knows where...." Then I saw a sign, "Hoboken 3 miles..."
I can laugh about it now....but I've never been more furious in my life.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You're forgetting NJ's favorite road layout disaster idea. The jug handle! In a lot of parts of NJ you CAN NOT make a left turn, only right ones. To go left, you have to go right, and then get on a little circular thing (kinda' like an on-ramp for a highway) that will take you to where turning left would have. Who the he!l thought that one up? All it does is make horendous traffic conditions because everyone is expecting to be able to turn left... but NO... you have to go right to go left... it's friggin' retarded.

And like I said, I lived in Camden County in Sicklerville for 5 years... I HATED NJ.

[Edited on 18-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You're forgetting NJ's favorite road layout disaster idea. The jug handle! In a lot of parts of NJ you CAN NOT make a left turn, only right ones. To go left, you have to go right, and then get on a little circular thing (kinda' like an on-ramp for a highway) that will take you to where turning left would have. Who the he!l thought that one up? All it does is make horendous traffic conditions because everyone is expecting to be able to turn left... but NO... you have to go right to go left... it's friggin' retarded.

This is EXACTLY what I was referring to, but having only visited myself, you were able to explain it better, hehe....

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That place is my personal hell on eath.

ANYWAY... any new info on the 'blob'?

I'd like to know when the idiots working for the Nj environmental agencies can figure out the difference between live alge and dead plants.

ID

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would assume that they are planning to remove it if it is causing such a bad odor. Is this assumption true? As of now no one has said anything about them removing the "blob." If it were alive would they be able to just move it simply because the smell is inconvenient?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why would they bother, all it's doing is making that area smell like Philadelphia... they'll be right at home with the smell soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
The 4- by 6-foot, multicolored, jelly-like creature, which reeks like rotting eggs and bobs around in a small lagoon off the Tuckerton Creek tributary in New Jersey, is set to be removed at noon by an environmental management service.

Samples showed the creature was in fact a rotting algae formation that had recently died and had filled with gasses that had caused it to float to the lagoon surface.

It was removed but I havent heard any results from any tests that have been done. I am still searching on the net, if I cant find or hear anything soon I was thinking about calling the EPA to see if they had come to any conclusions. The samples that showed it as an algae formation were samples taken while it was still in the water, they should have a much better analysis now that they actually have it.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So much for the small children theory...

TOMS RIVER - The Ocean County Health Department warned residents Wednesday against using excessive lawn fertilizers, especially during a rainy part of the year, unless they are ready to come face to face with a "blob."

County environmental health coordinator Robert J. Ingenito said that that the mammoth, jellyfishlike algae mass that grew in a lagoon off Daddy Tucker Drive in Little Egg Harbor Township early this month was likely created by fertilizer-polluted water runoff.

Full Story: www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Polluted water runoff... in New Jersey? NEVER!

arc

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well I appear to be the only one who noticed the adverts....

perhaps instead of anchovy jokes we can now get paranoid we smell of NJ?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Adverts? you mean advertisements?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So if you ever hear one say smoking a fag....it has nothing to do with homosexuals....

*goes into the watercloset*......

ID

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
How about living on a flat, thats another one. Also riding a lift. Ah there are so many more but I don't wanna take up space. Crazy British.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yeah, that's nice, what's an advert?

fag - cigarette
watercloset - bathroom
boot - trunk
bonnet - hood
lorey - truck
lift - elevator

Why can't you people just call them what they are jeeze!

arc

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
jesus I offer you something amusing and you respond with pedantics

arc

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
and we do call things what they are - the english language was developed in england you know
If you want to americanise it than fair play to you - free world. But just don't give me #e over using the original/english version of words. Or I'll just have to laugh at the fact than all american men have fannies!

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
dude... it was a joke... please note the laughing faces next to it... they mean that what I said wasn't meant literally.

arc

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm no dude
and there were smiley faces next to my comment too.

Next time just laugh at the damn joke

mr 'I'm a man and yet I have a fanny'

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The thread has been hijacked!

Arc, I hadn't noticed those ads on the right, pretty damn funny! I have to scroll to see them, I'll have to start looking. I noticed in the "Do you drink" thread there were ads for rehab right next to an ad for drink recipes.
And I dont think smelling like NJ is that bad.

Originally posted by WilliamOneSac
The Ocean County Health Department warned residents Wednesday against using excessive lawn fertilizers, especially during a rainy part of the year, unless they are ready to come face to face with a "blob."

Thats strange, if it's simply fertilizer I wonder why this has never occured before. All of the people they spoke to said they had never seen or smelled anything like it. Do we have a cover-up on our hands? I also think it's kind of strange that the fertilizer accumulated like that in one place.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's probably not the fertilizer itself, the fertilized might help this blob grow. BLOB!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join