It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Advertisement on ATS ( acrobat )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
How many of the folks who are not experiencing this have ads blocked?

I have no ads blocked and no URLs blocked.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have pop up blockers, activex and java disabled. I also have a pretty good AV that prevents adware from being downloaded.
I have not had a problem like is being described but I am pretty sure that if you did a little checking, you will probably see some extra programs have been installed on your system automatically by the pop up.
Which one exactly, I am not sure. I checkled my db to fit the descriptions that have been given and there are about 20 varioous adware programs that can / will open adobe automatically.
Best bet, update your security patches. Update your av, perform an on-demand scan. Delete any files, that are detected.
Increase the security level of your browser to at least medium or medium-high.
Default setting for IE is medium but it will automatically install unknown activex components.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
this is where my paranoia gets the best of me, I have had no problems with anything until i started reading this thread. SHure enough, i get about 1/2 way down the first page, and the program tries to open itself. Is their any possibility that this could be an intentional attack on the ats server?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Acrobat 5 pro
Winxp pro
***** Browser(which is a locked down IE Shell)
Ads Blocked
Popups Blocked
SpybotS&D TeaTimer

Not a single problem.

I would venture out on a limb and say the acrobat assistant installed by Reader 6 and 7 that runs in the background may have something to do with it. do a ctrl-alt-del and see if u have a acroasst or something close to that running in ur task manager. Highlight it, end task on it and see if that helps.

Just tryin to offer a little help to the ones gettin it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I've been useing I.E. and Firefox both without trouble. But I do use Secretmaker to block almost anything I may not want. Very effective program... and it's free.Try it . Delete it if you don't like it. Lots of tools and more being added all the time. I've been using it for 2 years now. www.secretmaker.com...
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ok......I ran my SPYBOT and my ADAWARE cookie cleaners, and so far no more adobe popping up........so far so good

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Ok......I ran my SPYBOT and my ADAWARE cookie cleaners, and so far no more adobe popping up........so far so good

Yo.. Godess.. You were nice to me.. I am nice to you...
Check out this Program www.secretmaker.com... I'm sure you'll like it. I sure do. They were nice enough to call me from Switzerland to address a problem when I was testing the beta for them. Lots of blocking tools and more added all the time. Best part... IT's Free.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
kewl.......THANKS!

Free is always an attention getter for me........

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I still get it now and again.

I run firefox.

And I've run several spy-ware programs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join