It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Advertisement on ATS ( acrobat )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
How many of the folks who are not experiencing this have ads blocked?

I have no ads blocked and no URLs blocked.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
I have pop up blockers, activex and java disabled. I also have a pretty good AV that prevents adware from being downloaded.
I have not had a problem like is being described but I am pretty sure that if you did a little checking, you will probably see some extra programs have been installed on your system automatically by the pop up.
Which one exactly, I am not sure. I checkled my db to fit the descriptions that have been given and there are about 20 varioous adware programs that can / will open adobe automatically.
Best bet, update your security patches. Update your av, perform an on-demand scan. Delete any files, that are detected.
Increase the security level of your browser to at least medium or medium-high.
Default setting for IE is medium but it will automatically install unknown activex components.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
this is where my paranoia gets the best of me, I have had no problems with anything until i started reading this thread. SHure enough, i get about 1/2 way down the first page, and the program tries to open itself. Is their any possibility that this could be an intentional attack on the ats server?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:55 PM
Acrobat 5 pro
Winxp pro
***** Browser(which is a locked down IE Shell)
Ads Blocked
Popups Blocked
SpybotS&D TeaTimer

Not a single problem.

I would venture out on a limb and say the acrobat assistant installed by Reader 6 and 7 that runs in the background may have something to do with it. do a ctrl-alt-del and see if u have a acroasst or something close to that running in ur task manager. Highlight it, end task on it and see if that helps.

Just tryin to offer a little help to the ones gettin it.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:41 PM
I've been useing I.E. and Firefox both without trouble. But I do use Secretmaker to block almost anything I may not want. Very effective program... and it's free.Try it . Delete it if you don't like it. Lots of tools and more being added all the time. I've been using it for 2 years now.
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:45 PM
Ok......I ran my SPYBOT and my ADAWARE cookie cleaners, and so far no more adobe popping far so good

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Ok......I ran my SPYBOT and my ADAWARE cookie cleaners, and so far no more adobe popping far so good

Yo.. Godess.. You were nice to me.. I am nice to you...
Check out this Program I'm sure you'll like it. I sure do. They were nice enough to call me from Switzerland to address a problem when I was testing the beta for them. Lots of blocking tools and more added all the time. Best part... IT's Free.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM

Free is always an attention getter for me........

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:30 AM
I still get it now and again.

I run firefox.

And I've run several spy-ware programs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>