It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard day at work, need to relax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I often get stressed, life in general stresses me out, but how do you ask do I keep my calm and oh so mellow personality...the answer...music

Thats right, when I'm stressed or simply want to be in a more calm relaxed state I put on some calm music.

I've found that listening to Howie Day or any similar music can really calm me down.

Any other band/singer/artists of similar style/sound post them in this thread, sit back and let all that anger towards your boss leave.......that or buy a punch bag to let your stress out the hard way

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sublime seems to even me out. Jack Johnson is good too and Coldplay is pretty mellow. I dunno try some of those.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Missy Higgins is also some good relaxing music to listen to.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Jack Johnson is always good for a chill-out, as are The Concretes.

The time honoured chill out music for myself though, is Otis Redding, and Ocean Colour Scene b-sides.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul

The time honoured chill out music for myself though, is Otis Redding, and Ocean Colour Scene b-sides.

I particularly like Ocean Colour Scene some brilliant tunes, thanks for recomending them

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There are few things that will take your mind off work drudgery better than The Birthday Party's Bad Seed & Mutiny In Heaven EPs. Available now combined on one CD. To help unwind and relax.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by Paul

I particularly like Ocean Colour Scene some brilliant tunes, thanks for recomending them

Cool, someone else who appreciates the mighty 'Scene!

Funnily enough, the (now departed) bass player's parents live in your town.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Who-Tommy/quadrophenia

Red Hot Chili Peppers-by the way-

Travis-Invisible band

Radiohead-The Bends (Dammit, I got this somewhere but can't find it
)

[edit on 17-7-2005 by shorty]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
The Who-Tommy/quadrophenia

Nice choices!
Which do you prefer out of Quad/Tommy? Quadrophenia was made into a better film, but I think they're pretty much on a par with each other musically - Quadrophenia probably just about edges it, but Tommy has some great tracks, and is great performed live, as you'll probably know!

new topics

top topics

join