It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whaling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is anyone up to date with the issue of Japan's whaling in Australian waters? My personal feeling is that most folk here think its both unessesary and morally reprehensible in this day and age, Japan may have a culture of eating whale, good for them, IF they only hunt in their own waters.
Does Japan truly expect the world to beleive their claims that its for strictly for scientific purpouses? No way Hirohito!!
Our pathetic excuse for government, is so busy kissing Japanese butt (looking after asian region relations) the dont have the stones to simply say "not in our waters!"
In my local paper recently, was a story, of another mass beaching, this time of false killer whales. Admirably folk got together, as they do to save as many as possible. As usual however, many died, these are later removed and i presume buried.
Herein lies a shameful thing, let Japan come fetch those which dont survive for sushi (i mean scientific research) why waste?
What are others thoughts please?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
*bump*

[edit on 073030p://14067 by instar]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
BUMP c'mon, share your thoughts........

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I really don't know what could have caused all of that. Sorry to say I realy don't have an opinion on it. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Which wine goes with whale???

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Geez if I said aliens dropped the whales on the beach, there would be 50 kooks replies by now..."yes Ive seen ufos over strandings etc etc'

new topics

top topics

join