It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templars and Baphomet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
there is a very old tradition of the trinity that predates Paul the Heretic. This
tradition presents the trinity as Father, Mother, and Child. One that comes
to mind is the Isinian/Osirian tradition.

Sophia can also be equated with the Goddess Venus and all the attributes
assoiated there with.

Thanks for that, stalkingwolf. It is always encouraging to find others which are knowledgeable about how Paul turned away from the historical Jesus and his bloodline which threatened the legitamacy of Herod and Rome.

The comparisons of the trinity are many and perhaps this would be a good place to talk about them. First, though, is there a site whereby Sophia and Venus are equated? If there were proof, it would go a long way to explain the pentagonal symbols found in and around Rennes-le-Chateau and within the Poussin painting The Shepherds of Arcadie.

I'm suspecting the ultimate heresy for which the Templars were persecuted was the rejection of Pauline Orthodoxy for the Nestorian, which would still be stubbornly clinging to European theologies and associated with the Celtic church.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If we start with some of the basic facts of the story then the evnts seem to clear themselves up.

Pope Clement v wasnt always pope clement v...but was put into the position by his newphew, who, not suprisingly, was Philip le bel, king of france.

Philip le bel was a bankrupt king...in debt upto his eyeballs.
As i see it, the deal was - puts his uncle as pope with the promise that he in turn he will pronounce the templars guilty of heresey and then in turn he as king will claim their wealth and property as forfit, thus restoring his bank balance again.

The spitting on the cross and the stamping on the cross i believe have there origins in the fact that the templars knew the truth about the bloodlinee of jesus and so they where denying the false prophet.
And i am in little doubt they had strong muslim connections and beliefs, there deallings with the "hassassin" are documented and after so much time in the holy land contact was inevitable.
The skull theory of John the Baptist is credible as its possible that believing Jesus to be the false prophet acknowledged John the Baptist as the true church.

Theres so many stories now its impossible to see the wood for the trees.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

...This tradition presents the trinity as Father, Mother, and Child. One that comes to mind is the Isinian/Osirian tradition...

Right...

Ausar, Auset and Heru.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There is nothing "un-Christian" believing that the Holy Spirit could be feminine. There are terms for God in masculine and feminine froms...

El Shiddai translates as the "Many breasted one" giving us an example of a nurturing Higher Power.

There are other scriptures in the Old Testament likening God as bird on a nest...

Jesus told the woman at the well that God is spirit and those who worship him do so in spirit. To insist that God is only male or only female, in my mind, would be idolatry.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
The spitting on the cross and the stamping on the cross i believe have there origins in the fact that the templars knew the truth about the bloodlinee of jesus and so they where denying the false prophet.

In all liklihood, this is just more propaganda that was floated around by Templar enemies so that they could destroy the Order.
But there is perhaps an element of truth in the accusation, albeit tenuous.

Maybe the Templars didn't tread on the Cross. Maybe they trod over it.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have always seen that accusation as just a false endictment...

Why would they tread and spit on something that they wore on their cloaks and shileds?

Just a thought.

Take it easy

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Why would they tread and spit on something that they wore on their cloaks and shileds?

As I recall The Cross of the church ( the Latin cross) and the Cross worn by
the Templars were much different. Symbolically the latin cross stood for( and
still stands for) Rome, death , torture, corruption, etc,etc etc.

The Equal armed cross like the Temple wore was in use long before the latin
cross and symbolized balance, peace , harmony, etc.

In this context I can see The Templars or at least some of them trodding
on and / or over the Latin cross.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
These are thing that, indeed, I did read in "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". They are cited in the book. I agree that the book does jump to conclusions, but I think their is still a great deal of information in it.

I am of the opinion that the Roman Catholic Church did, indeed, try to hide the truth about history. This is an opinion that is widely agreed apon.

Widely agreed?? By Who?? Certainly not by the Neo-Templars

The first thing to ask is: They believed in baphomet? Were we can find a similar idol? from the Muslims? Cathars? I don't think so..

You have to remember that the Order was estrictly Catholic and they took the Saint Benedictine rule: Poverty, Chastity and Obedience

All that witchcraft non sense was build by Philip IV of France to take the control of the Order and their treasures, at the same time to revoke the Pope protection that the Order have since 1128 (Troyes Council)

The alleged confessions and all the evidence? of heresy put the Pope Clement in a difficult situation.

Clement wasn’t strong enough to save his Knights and then in 1314 De Molay and others were killed by the King Philip, not the Church…

If the Order had a secrecy about the Church, then why they didn't use it in the right moment to save De Molay?

More non sense

Non Nobis...

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Ultradream]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The skull features prominently in Templar rituals due to the name of the hill where Jesus was crucified. "The place of the Skull". The head they worship is but a representation of that hill. It doubles as a representation of death and regeneration.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-5-2012 by franck88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
]

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
excuse me my computer is became crazy

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As far as I know Baphomet symbolizes, like the light and the flame, human intellect. They (the Templars and the elite of today) worship Baphomet because they believe that, through intellect, man will become god.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join