It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS teams for all BOINC projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hi all,

Today I created AboveTopSecret.com teams for all the major BOINC projects, with permission of Simon Gray, of course.

Whenever a new BOINC project is created, I'll create an ATS team for the project. If you stumble upon a BOINC project, which doesn't yet have an ATS team, please let me know, I will create one.
What we don't want is everybody to create ATS teams themselves; send me a U2U, or email me @ webmaster[-AT-]air-attack.com. I have been a super moderator at ATS for over 4 years, your email address (which team founders can view) is safe, protected by our privacy policy.

Here is the info on the ATS teams of the BOINC projects.
You have to create a new account for every BOINC project. When you already have a BOINC account for SETI@home (or any other), be sure to register with the same email address. The accounts are then linked together via a CPID (cross-project ID). That can be handy when you want to view your overall BOINC statistics (more on that later...)

SETI@HOME:
Look for radio evidence of extraterrestrial life
Project URL: setiathome.berkeley.edu...
ATS TEAM: setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu...

- Join: setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu...
- Create: setiathome.berkeley.edu...

Einstein@HOME:
search for gravitational signals coming from pulsars
Project URL: einstein.phys.uwm.edu...
ATS TEAM: einstein.phys.uwm.edu...

- JOIN: einstein.phys.uwm.edu...
- CREATE: einstein.phys.uwm.edu...

Climate Prediction.net
Help to study climate change
Project URL: climateprediction.net...
ATS Team: climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk...

- JOIN: climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk...
- CREATE: climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk...

LHC@HOME
Improve the design of the CERN LHC particle accelerator
Project URL: athome.web.cern.ch...
Or: lhcathome.cern.ch...

I wasn't able to create an account/team, the project is currently in BETA-test mode. As soon as accounts/teams can be created, I'll create an ATS team for this project.

PREDICTOR@HOME
Investigate protein-related diseases
Project URL: predictor.scripps.edu...
ATS TEAM: predictor.scripps.edu...

- JOIN: predictor.scripps.edu...
- CREATE: predictor.scripps.edu...

BURP@HOME
BURP aims to develop a publicly distributed system for rendering 3D animations.
Project is in pre-alpha test mode
Project URL: burp.boinc.dk...
ATS TEAM: burp.boinc.dk...

- JOIN: burp.boinc.dk...
- CREATE: burp.boinc.dk...

OK, but how do I join the ATS team for a project I like?

When you want to join the ATS Einstein@home team, and dont yet have an Einstein@home account, use the CREATE url (einstein.phys.uwm.edu...). You'll create an Einstein@home account, and automatically join the ATS team. Again, when you already have another BOINC account for another project, be sure to register with the same email address!!!

When you already have an Einstein@home account, use the JOIN url.
Thats it!!

Oh, I almost forgot, I mentioned something about statistics... Well I've been working on some scripts that might create a nice statistics page for ATS, pretty much like this website: stats.kwsn.net...
I've run into some problems, and dont yet know how to work this out, but I'm pretty confident I can create such a feature for AboveTopSecret.com.

In my signature you can see my Seti@home stats. a simple php script generates this. I will have to adjust some things, tweak the code a bit, but in a few weeks time this will become available for all ATS BOINC members

I'll let you know when it's ready for testing (probably somewhere in early July).

If you have any problems, questions or something else, use this thread to ask me and the other ATS BOINC members.
Also, if there are any members with lots of PHP, XML and MySQL experience (and especially XML-parsing with PHP), and want to help out, don't hesitate to contact me! I'm working on something to insert the XML data (35MB!!) into the MySQL DB in an easy way, without putting much stress on the server...

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Very kewl Zion...This was definitely needed. U Da Man
Thanx for hooking all this up. much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks ZM

Just joined the ATS Einstein team, joined ATS SETI couple weeks ago.

Thanks again for the help, it's much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok I should be on:

-SETI@HOME
-Einstein@HOME (not appearing in my BOINC manager as a member though)
-Climate Prediction.net
-PREDICTOR@HOME

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just letting everyone know I just joined the ATS team for the Einstein@Home project.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Heres a kewl little stats page also.

Synergy Boinc

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
-Einstein@HOME (not appearing in my BOINC manager as a member

Same here, i joined up for Einstein team but that's not showing up in my manager either. SETI does show up though, not sure if it's a glitch or what.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Rren,

You gotta goto the projects tab in your boinc manager runnin on your computer. Click Attach to new project on the left, and put in einstein.phys.uwm.edu... for the url and put in ur 33 digit key they gave ya for signin up in the account key area. it should connect u to it. For some reason^^^ that became a link during preview.
copy paste it or type it manually.

they are seperate projects and need to be attached to your boinc. Boincs the program that all the different projects are computed in.

Hope that helps ya

[edit on 9-6-2005 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
My problem is that even though I'm on the ATS team for Einstein, its not showing up in my manager

I've only recently started before you all question why i have no stats

[edit on 10-6-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Rren,

You gotta goto the projects tab in your boinc manager runnin on your computer. Click Attach to new project on the left, and put in einstein.phys.uwm.edu... for the url and put in ur 33 digit key they gave ya for signin up in the account key area. it should connect u to it. For some reason^^^ that became a link during preview.
copy paste it or type it manually.

they are seperate projects and need to be attached to your boinc. Boincs the program that all the different projects are computed in.

Hope that helps ya

[edit on 9-6-2005 by S1LV3R4D0]

Perhaps i stated my problem improperly. I'm having the same problem as UK Wizard, althought i'm not new to Boinc or Einstein(have 621.61 credits in Einstein) i'm new to the ATS team. My manager is showing the same as UK Wizard's(except i have some credits
) says i'm an ATS member for SETI but my Einstein info has not changed(shows me on no team). My Einstein is working properly as far as i know(still crunching away). However i have not completed a project since i joined team ATS, perhaps the new info will 'update' once i finish and upload the next work unit.

Thanks for taking the time to help.
Rren

EDIT: never mind I just finshed the work and it did update my manager with the new ATS team info...Thanks again

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Rren]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm now on board for einsteine and predictor as well as seti; might as well crunch during setis frequent outages.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I didn't think of this till today; but shouldn't this forum now be named something like "the BOINC distributed computing teams forum" rather than just Seti@Home as it currently is?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i am part of the team now!

KJ1

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
I didn't think of this till today; but shouldn't this forum now be named something like "the BOINC distributed computing teams forum" rather than just Seti@Home as it currently is?

Hi I sugested this a few weeks ago, when I asked permission to create ATS teams for the other BOINC projects.
I'm sure it will be changed pretty soon. The next two or three weeks I'll be very busy with other stuff, but after that I'll have plenty of time to work on some statistics thingies for ATS. Then, I'll ask ScepticOverlord again to change the title, if he hasn't done that already by then.

i am part of the team now!

KJ1

Welcome aboard!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I created an ATS team for the new Orbit@home BOINC project (beta).

Orbit@HOME
Orbit@home is a project based on BOINC and ORSA, monitoring the orbit of all the asteroids passing near the Earth.
Project URL: orbit.psi.edu...
ATS Team: orbit.psi.edu...

- JOIN: orbit.psi.edu...
- CREATE: orbit.psi.edu...

They have a maximum user limit of 860 users and 100 teams. (probably only for a few weeks to beta-test the project).

[edit on 6-21-2005 by Zion Mainframe]

new topics

top topics

join