It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia military breaks into Finnish territory...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
During the last months Russian (military) planes have been violating the finnish air space several times... The Finnish gov. has of course sent a note to the Russian leaders and would like to have a proper explanation... However the russians deny everything... So what's the soulution, don't do anything... or shoot down the next sovjet aircraft that tries to break the Finnish air-space... The Finnish air force has 62 F/A 18 Hornet C/D and 50 BAE Hawks... how could the Finnish air force protect Finland if the Russians would decide to attack...?

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
another winter war putin? geez at least be more original!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Call UN. or if thats not working, call USA.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I doubt they're going to attack Finland, since that would probably start World War III or something...but they're showing a lack of respect for your territory....I'm not sure exactly what you can do about it though, it probably wouldn't be that wise to shoot them down.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I view it the same as if a few tanks rolled into the country and then Russia denied it happened.

Stage 1: Record proof, confront Russia with evidence and demand an answer.
Stage 2: Failing that go to UN with proof and demand an answer.
Stage 3: Failing that warn Russia that the next military planes to enter Finnish airspace will be shot down.

Russia would skip stages 1 and 2, so go Finland

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
it's mostlikely the same game the us and the sssr used to play. checking out what happens and times for action on it. i asume that they go home when finland sends up interceptors?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ah yes...that would work.... Or maybe, Finland should fly some Hornets over Russia...an eye for an eye you know

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Russia really does confuse me sometimes,
i dont understand why they would fly planes over Finland, i totally agree with djohnsto77, its showing a lack of respect

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
this is old cold war game that ussr and nato playes they make probing incurtion into each others air space to test airdefence systems of the other

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Russia really does confuse me sometimes,
i dont understand why they would fly planes over Finland, i totally agree with djohnsto77, its showing a lack of respect

has russia ever respected anyone? no.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Exactly, they don't respect the "little county in the north were polar bears walk on the streers"... I actually believe that there are some videos about it, and even some pictures... Well, se what happends, cos the Finnish prime minister is going to Russia next week... So how could the Finnish air force fight against the Russians...? Anybody know howlong they could fight...?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If Russia attacks Finland, it won't be just the Fins fighting them, it'd pull in NATO and the EU and probably end up in global thermonuclear war.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh, well then i feel "safe"... if it would be sure that the Finnish soldiers shouldn't have to fight against Russians alone...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
EU or Nato might do nothing to russia like in the past when they invaded other small countries around her, Putin is just angery about the winter war, his hero being Stalin and him being ex-/current KGB its not too shocking.

Lets see if mighty french or Germany lift a finger to help Finland agianst the russian bear be interesting what they do or will it be the US to the ruscue once agian for europe.

These actions could force an EU constinution to be adopted and if this builds up to a mini cold war i hope europe is happy they gave russia so much aids that allowed them to pick on a good country like finland.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Putin? Putin is nothing but a weak pro-zionist anti-russian oligarch! He's jailing war heroes and giving land to the chinese.

Call USA? Sure, if 1,000 deaths a WEEK and a communist coup in Russia interests you. And that's if there's not nukes involved.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Russia would never risk to attack a UN country without a good reason, they are too busy with Chechnya anyway.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Show Boating", I think the term is. Russian, America, British, etc, pilots do it all the damn time. They fly into another Nations territory, mess about a bit in their air space and fly home. Time to time they get planes up in the sky, which just do mock dog fights. If I remember correctly, mid 80's a few British Pilots did something similar over france.

Childish boredom, nothing more.

Russia won't strike first, without a good reason and Putin's a pussy.
Finland won't attack first because Russia will claim they were in their own air space and counter attack.
The U.N. will do nothing.
NATO isn't what it used to be and America is already over stretched.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm guessing that right now Russia is feeling put down. So what do you do when everybody laughs at you about a complete economic and political collapse? Start poking your neighbors with your new pointy stick. Chances are Russia is simply showing off to look tough.

Let's see the UN will do nothing, the US will probably start shouting very loudly, possibly even making presidential visits. Other than that I doubt we'll see any war.

But just a question, isn't Russia currently in NATO? Because ironically NATO was made to protect against Soviet invasion. Hmm...

[edit on 6/5/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What makes me laugh so much that the whole international community is so much concerned with Russian planes crosses the Finnish border
these concern signifies how afraid they are of Russia.
Again on contrary these same stereotypes say "that Russia is under complete military political economic collapse " with her president an "anti russian "

so if Russia is so much weak what's there to be afraid of ??come ,show your guts and dare to shoot a single bullet against Russia .....can u?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
by the way as a Russian I never knew that we Russians or our Government had anything against Finland ...rather we have a better respect towards the civilized finnish people than those idiot yankis.

I dont think Russia will ever attack Finland unless Finland does anything against Russia ....After all we dont play double standards as the rest of the world did in case of Iraq -that's a reason enough for Russia for not "respecting" other countries ( as someone of you said) ....How can we
respect spineless countries ?

[edit on 5-6-2005 by prelude]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join