It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raptor-JSF radars can fry enemy sensors: Program officials

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The laser option would only work in dry countries or when there is no rain.

DW then I guess they would use it on a night when its not raining , smoke, clouds or wind do not affect a solid state laser.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
MEPS

A small engine, about the size and shape of a garbage can, is being developed that will be able to generate four megawatts of power. Called the Multimegawatt Electrical Power System, it would be mounted on the wing root of an aircraft such as the E-3 AWACS.

“We will do a megawatt demonstration in ’07,” Erno reported, and she hopes a four-megawatt, deployable system will be developed by 2009.

The device, which will have a motor spinning at 16,000 rpm, will be useful for “any platform with multimegawatt power requirements,” such as Joint STARS or AWACS, Erno said.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think the biggest thing AWACS needs is a new platform like the E-767. The 707 is getting long in the tooth.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
DW then I guess they would use it on a night when its not raining , smoke, clouds or wind do not affect a solid state laser.

Clouds do affect the laser if the cloud is full of rain.
Secondly, do you not have rainy nights?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So can they actually cause damage to ground targets with these high powered radar systems by steering them at a specific target and cooking it?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
So can they actually cause damage to ground targets with these high powered radar systems by steering them at a specific target and cooking it?

Yes simple, simple tech and simple sceince.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join