It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plain white vans with tinted windows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Maybe I read too much conspiracy stuff here.
But I'll throw this out there, just in case anyone else has spotted them.

I saw what I thought was kind of odd Saturday. I was at my local gas station, and here is this plain white van, longer than usual, with dark tented windows, the front driver and passenger windows were tinted too, but not as dark. It was just too plain and unmarked for a personal vehicle. The driver may have had a cap on and could have been wearing some sort of maintenance work type suit? (I was looking through the front tinted window) Then I thought I may have seen a similar vehicle parked at Wal-Mart a short time later, not the same vehicle, maybe slightly different? Perhaps it's some sort of jail van?

Perhaps it's nothing, but it did strike me as unusual.

Anyone else see vehicles like this? I'm going to see if I can spot them again.

Troy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Unmarked, white and tinted window vans are in use, here in belgium, by lawenforcement and value transports.

They have also been found to be used by criminals for surveilance.

For lawenforcement they can be surveilance vans, tracking vans, vans for assault teams and high profile prisoner, withness or VIP transports.

For Value Transports, they are used to ship deeplisted valuables like money printing paper, diamonds, other precious stones and metals, court documents, other valuable or important documents, backup data tapes from all sorts of sources and so on.

Over here they are still rather rarely used but I can imagine that in the US they are used more commonly because people tend to notice the same pizza, UPS or carpetcleaners van parked around the block for long periods of time. With white vans you just need different kinds of models to keep it unnoticed by Joe Public. Offcource the more paranoid among us do notice these to, as you clearly did.

If the ones you saw were in the same area, not that far apart, try to check out what common point of view they might have had, it could be 2 seperate surveilance vans checking out a location, so that if 1 is made, the other is still in place.

Offcource it could also be criminals staking out the habbits and procedures of a location they are going to hit.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
...If you don't bother them, they probably won't bother you. But if you are noticing them, there's a good chance that they are noticing you.

I've had some encounters with the so-called "van-squad" for a number of years. I can only gues at why, If they are doing what I think they are doing, they would want to be doing it with me.

And I understand, too: You feel kinda silly even thinking that there is anything strange about a plain old van, certainly it must be pure paranoia to even consider such an encounter in any way "sinister"?

But certain details struck you as being "Not quite right"?: Where/When/or How the van was parked. Did you notice whether the way the van was parked would have allowed it to quickly leave, with a minimum chance of being blocked-in? Did it look relatively new and with the exception of the tinted windows have no other "distinguishing features", yet it looked just too plain to be a fleet vehicle?

One last thing; they are usually white, less often, silver, although I have seen a dark metallic blue used at night, but only once or twice.

Why not the obvious black?

Too showy; everybody knows what to watch for when the Black Vans start showing up!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Maybe I read too much conspiracy stuff here.
But I'll throw this out there, just in case anyone else has spotted them.

I saw what I thought was kind of odd Saturday. I was at my local gas station, and here is this plain white van, longer than usual, with dark tented windows, the front driver and passenger windows were tinted too, but not as dark. It was just too plain and unmarked for a personal vehicle. The driver may have had a cap on and could have been wearing some sort of maintenance work type suit? (I was looking through the front tinted window) Then I thought I may have seen a similar vehicle parked at Wal-Mart a short time later, not the same vehicle, maybe slightly different? Perhaps it's some sort of jail van?

Perhaps it's nothing, but it did strike me as unusual.

Anyone else see vehicles like this? I'm going to see if I can spot them again.

Troy

ya know what we call this in the federal law enforcment side of the government? PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A PROBLEM THAT DOESNT EXSIST. in other words and to very simply some it up...CONSPIRACY THEORISTS. Damn dont you people have anything better to do at all?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
umwolves123: I installed, designed and used the vans here in belgium on numerous occasions. Its no fantasy or paranoia. The vans exist and are choosen to be 100% unmarked because noone notices them and when no recognizable markings are on white vans, they are very hard to identify.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Umwolves 123 is now patrolling the Above Top Secret Conspiracy Community making sure no one discusses conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Plain white vans are BY FAR the most common company-owned vehicles. They are everywhere.

Remember the DC sniper shootings and the descriptions of white vans that people thought were used by the sniper? The things are everywhere!

I live on a rural highway that is the main route North and South on Virginia's eastern shore. It's a popular bypass for RT 95 for vacationers. To prove a point I just sat at the window and watched 30 vehicles go by. Even at 9:45 am on a Sunday morning, 6 of them were white vans. That's about 19% of the traffic.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
some shuttle services use unmarked vans with tinted windows, here in the states atleast.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah, it definitely seemed quite plain, not much character to it aside from the tinted windows. Didn't strike me as someones personal vehicle.

Maybe it's something simple?

Or maybe they are coming to get me for running my mouth on ATS .

I'll just keep my eyes open anyway, maybe if I see them again, I can gain some insite into what they are for.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join