It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Positions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm not gonna get personal!!

Just thinking about the positions people put themselves in when they pray and meditate.

These people believe they are getting closer to God or enlightenment which I understand.

I think the reason they believe this though is because our blood contains iron and the veins are wrapped around our skeleton, thus creating an aerial. Everyone knows we are electrical transmitters and recievers so therefore when we pray or meditate in a certain position are we not just 'tuning' ourselves into different frequencies the same way we tune televisions or radios?

Be nice to get some thoughts, cheers and take care.

[Edited on 8/8/2003 by pixilair]

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Alot of the positions of meditation have to do with blood flow and energy flow.

Coming from a martial artist point of view, the hands are often formed into symbols called Kanji. Breathing exercises are performed, the tongue even has to be in a certain place. Pressure points are often used as well.

Some forms of this meditation even require that (I know this sounds weird, but it's true) you cover your anus with the ball of your foot to prevent the escape of energy. It's all a very complex (and time consuming) practice. The purpose of all this is to bettter focus your energies.

Bruce Lee (I believe it was) had a technique of laying even on his back, and breathing in, imagining that the breath is going into his limbs, imagining the limb filling with energy, then releasing. For whatever reason (I believe in the process) it does work and you eventually have a better "feel" of yourself and how your body reacts. Supposedly, with these practices comes enlightenment and special powers.

I find it interesting that peoples of hundreds, even thousands of years ago knew of the energy the body produced. It makes me wonder how it was discovered. If you have ever heard of such practices as the Dim Mak, this practice utilizes this energy...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cheers for that reply.

I have studied Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwan Do for many years now along with Five Ancestors Kung Fu and some other systems so I recognise your angle.
I agree totally with you on everything you say, but I was trying to approach the subject from a scientific point of view in terms of what energies we connect with rather than the energies that we generate.

Take care.

new topics

join