It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Red Tide" Outbreak!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"Red Tide" outbreak! The biggest to hit New England since 1972! Shell fishing closed down from Manie to Boston. Shellfish not safe to eat!

Ride Tide!

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It has become worse than 1972. People don't eat shellfish.

Some spots are so saturated that a single plate of steamers or sauteed scallops from the area could kill a diner.

Update! Red Tide.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
while I am quite a ways south of this -- coming from a long line of families of baymen I can understand what this means to the families of the people who rely on the water for their living. It is not an easy life when things are great but when things like this happen it is disasterous.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good lord, what a disaster for these fishermen and their families. I wonder if we will ever know what factors led to this outbreak, especially in areas that have never, or rarely have been affected by this algae. It's easy to blame sewage and fertilizer runoff or rare weather patterns but it seems like there is more at play with these wierd disasters lately. Could earth be entering a more dynamic phase? Sorry, I don't want to highjack this thread as this is just an observation but you have to admit these occurences are quite strange as of late.

new topics

top topics

join