It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Base near Molalla, Oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Molalla is a very small town in Oregon, situated about 30 miles from Portland. A friend of mine decided to go camping there with her husband and a couple of friends of theirs. She came back saying that her husband and his friend went fishing, and they were kicked off the river by a couple of infantry soldiers dressed to the hilt in their army gear, armed and ready for combat. They were told that it was a secured area, and they had to leave immediately. This is out in the middle of nothing. Has anyone heard about this?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I havent heard anything but it sounds very interesting. I hope someone has heard of a similar story.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There is alot of open forest in that area, anything could have been happening. I spent most of my life in those hills and have never seen anything like that, however. It was most likely one of the local militia groups. If you can find out where exactly they were fishing, I can probably give you some info. on the area.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just because they wer ekicked off the land by infantry, doesn't mean their is a base nearby, anything could have been happening.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
In any case, it definitely deserves some further research.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
it could be training exercises going on. I have been told to leave a certain quadrant of a national forest before because of military training excercises.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Actually there are massive pot farms in Oregon. It could have been a couple of farmers dressed in camo gear. If it was your friends husband and friend got lucky.

Pot farmers do not carry fire arms with the intention of shooting police, they carry them with the intention of shooting thieves and peopel who trespass on their patch.

Just a thought.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sorry for bumping an old thread, first of all

BUT- I live about 12 miles away from Molalla, I've spent years up in those hills fishing and hunting and have never seen or heard of anything like that. The pot farm angle seems pretty likely...... but if anyone wants to give me general directions, I'll be out there for the 4th and would LOVE to take a little extra-curricular trip out into the woods.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
sorry to bump an older thread, but I found something very interesting that may add to the OP's suspicions.

This New York Times Articlewas written september 7th in 1987.

Tell me what you all think

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

very interesting post leira7.

anyone else know any info on this ??

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I was climbing up the well known Table Rock wilderness area in September of 2008. A low flying Blackhawk helicopter made a pass near the ground in the valley below. (Yes it was a blackhawk, I'm in the military, I should know.) It made another pass and landed in a clearing. Someone got out, went into the forest, then came back and got back into the helicopter. When it took off again it looked like a jeep pulled away from the site. I grew up in Molalla and we have always heard similar stories but I never believed them. The best explanation I have heard so far is that there is a mercenary base up there somewhere, and not necessarily in Molalla, but maybe up out of Silverton (friends from Silverton share the same basic legend) and the mercenaries just train all about. Still, I don't know where they got a 30 million dollar aircraft and can afford the gas to run it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Blackwater training facility perhaps?

I don't know about it in the US but I know here in Australia, whenever we are engaging in Mission Readiness Exercises (MRE) we have use training grounds located all around the country.

The Australian Army isn't allowed, as far as I know, to train in National Parks and reserves. Only on the dedicated training grounds.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Any salvage yards around... one might find some ancient
technology.
There is a story among the anti Tesla Free Energy Conspiracy
that Tesla and John Jacob Astor had the 'dirigible torpedo'
project in Oregon.
Just giving you the heads up.
Of course your books on Tesla say it had jets.
They lie.
JJA died 1912 in the Titanic disaster.
I suspect work went low key after that.

i530.photobucket.com...

peswiki.com...

"The flying machine of the future—my flying machine—will be heavier than air, but it will not be an aeroplane. It will have no wings. It will be substantial, solid, stable. You cannot have a stable airplane. The gyroscope can never be successfully applied to the airplane, for it would give a stability that would result in the machine being torn to pieces by the wind, just as the unprotected aeroplane on the ground is torn to pieces by a high wind."

Highly dis informational:
fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Back in the early 80s my brother-in-law, while fishing the upper river, was confronted by military personal from Fort Lewis up on the Molalla river and was told that there were military exercises in operation. that area was used often for such purposes.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
wtf does that have to do with the current topic??

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Another angle to look at:

I too live in Oregon, (the pot farmer angle is highly likely by the way) and I have lived in other places where i have encountered similar incidences such as these (montana, utah, new mexico and oklahoma to be exact) and just what im talking about is this:

Weapons Caches.

I used to hike and river guide alot after getting out of the military and i used to look for something which i found out while in the military (cant tell you how i know), that the US military has thousands of weapons stored in remote areas for 'certain types of emergencies' (dont ask). These caches are checked on every now and then. Ive found some of them out there (once you know what to look for it isnt so dificult actually) - i cant say which ones or where.

Could very well have been close to a weapons cache and the patrol sent to check on it came across your friends who may have been just a little to close at the time (they probably could have went back the next day without repurcussions, as the patrol would have moved on to check on others by then).

Not saying thats what it was, but its a valid factor that should be included...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The legend continues. I have hiked that area. Not much water up there. I have noticed a strange pulsating humming sound in that area that seems to come from everywhere and nowhere. I thought I was hearing a really big owl. The sound comes and goes. Weird.

I lived in Molalla for six years. Many there know the rumor.

The main road to the trail head was washed out a few years back, so you need to park you car before the washout and then walk quite a ways to the trail head. The trail gets a little rough near the volcanic rock face. You cross over a scree face with lots of large, leg breaking boulders set at difficult angles.

The trail tends to vanish right at the top, so be careful to get a good direction of travel before you go too far onto the summit.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I Know a bunch of Airsoft people here In Texas and just listened to them tell a story about how they convinced a family that they were actual military.
A lto of people see camoflauge, and consider people to be military, bit in fact, if he knew what he was looking for it might have been a mixed lot of older camo, etc. Even then the Airsoft team out here is pretty pro and most of them are military.
Just another thought of who it was. /shrug
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
that is a good point!, any good army surplus store will have last seasons kit.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intelmax

I live very close to that town i i had been searching for this. It realy explains the 3-4 blackhawks that fly overhead from the north west. If you can give me a location. my guess is the USA has admetted to having nuke silos in the foothills of th cascade mountains. tis would be it is my guess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join