It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Olympics - Great Games of Slaughter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
VDS

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here is a Nostradamus prophecy which I think is highly underrated, for it is significant for a number of reasons which i have highlighted below.

Century 10, Quatrain 74
-The year the great seventh number is accomplished,
-Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter:
-Not far from the age of the great millennium,
-When the dead will come out of their graves.

I think this strongly refer to the 2008 Olympics, my reasons being?

1) “The year the great seventh number is accomplished” is probably 2007, Nostradamus may have been off by one year

2) “The great games”, being the Beijing Olympics in 2008

3) “Not far from the great age of the millennium”, most likely mean that it is not far from the year 2000.

4) “Games of slaughter, and when dead will come out of the graves” It is likely that major upheavals will occur in this period, not only Nostradamus but many other predictions concerning the period from 2007 to 2012 seem to highlight major changes to the world as we know it at present, whether through wars, or global calamities.

I apologise if this has been posted before, but have you come across this prophecy before? I think this is a very important prophecy as it is unique, since most of Nostradamus’ prophecies rarely mention dates.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

the great seventh number is accomplished” is probably 2007, Nostradamus may have been off by one year

If the seventh year is accomplished then it would be finished and onto the next one (2008).

The olympic stadium would make a great target for terrorists. I am actually surprised that they haven't had people strapped with bombs in crowed stadiums i.e. football match and 4/5 bombers spread throughout the crowd.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
John Titor said there will be no Olympics after 2004? So why are we even talking about the olympics in 2008?

The Chinese Olympics would be the Summer Right Before the Presidential Election in America. And maybe the last chance for Bush to push for global war and martial law to extend his powers and his term of presidency to lifetime Fuhrer of America.

I am actually suprised that the Terrorsists didn't do anything in the last Olympics. I thought that they missed a great chance to make a point while the entire world watches

...like they did in Munich in 1980

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VDS
dead will come out of the graves

And what is this supposed to mean? Zombies?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick_y_2

Originally posted by VDS

when dead people come out of there graves or from where ever they died they are called zombies so i guess thats what its talking about.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VDS
Century 10, Quatrain 74
-Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter:

Nice Post! Here is the way i break this down.

4. -When the dead will come out of their graves.
- This is a little suprising, on one hand it sounds like zombies will attack like in Dawn of the Dead... but i don;t this that is going to happen.

What i think is, someone who was supposed to be dead, will be the leader of the attack at the Chinese Olympics.

Like for example... Osama is reported dead in 2006. And then we find out that it was Osama behind the attack in 2008.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
When the dead come out of their graves .... could be a biblical
reference. When Christ was killed on the cross there was a
great earthquake and the dead rose from the graves and were
seen throughout the city walking around.

This could have references to another such biblical event -
the second coming? It could be that there will be another
tsunami and this time instead of sucking people out to sea,
it deposits the 250,000 dead - from the last one - back on
to land (that would be the dead coming out of their graves).
Perhaps a great earthquake that reveals underground tombs
never before seen or known? Things like that.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

The dead coming out of the graves could be as someone said, referring to someone being reported dead than being blamed for an attack: Bin Laden maybe.

But think of the person who has been reported dead a couple of times recently.....Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi.

On the other hand, it could mean a time of upheaval, perhaps the 'dead' being a revival of a movement, or country long thought irrelevant to the modern age, but now resurgent.

The games of slaughter? Another Munich 1972 Olympics perhaps? Perhaps China's government does another Tianamen Square massacre?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeboiabe

Originally posted by rick_y_2

Originally posted by VDS

when dead people come out of there graves or from where ever they died they are called zombies so i guess thats what its talking about.

I doubt the whole "Zombie" idea is really what Nostradamus is talking about here....and if so may God help us.

VDS

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG
If the seventh year is accomplished then it would be finished and onto the next one (2008)

That is indeed true, if something is accomplished that would suggest it is finished and done. With this, the prophecy fits absolutely perfectly with the 2008 time frame. Only difficulty being the last line about dead coming out of the graves.

Originally posted by VDS
When the dead will come out of their graves.

I think it's not wise to take the line literally, as Nostradamus is rarely that easy to interpret. All the reasons proposed are valid.

But what if the line means that there will be so many deaths that the dead will literally be coming out of the graves, due to inadequate space to bury the countless dead. For this to occur somethign serious and devastating has to happen, for instance we last saw this with the Asian Tsunami where dead were literally out of the graves (ie floating, or just lying about).

So does that mean in 2008, closely associated with the time frame of Olympics something major will happen, Terrorist attack? or something more sinister like a nuclear exchange? either way the dead will be countless??

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I would like to see what happens. You may just be taking this too literally!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
I would like to see what happens. You may just be taking this too literally!

lol if there are going to be overflowing dead bodies everywhere and like a mass depopulation, chances are that you may not be able to see what happens, especially if you die too

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a great post. I don't believe I have heard of this prophecy from Nostradamus.

Originally posted by CarlosG
If the seventh year is accomplished then it would be finished and onto the next one (2008).

This, I agree with.

When he talks about the "dead coming out of their graves," that could possibly mean that there is a mass amount of death around the world. It's interesting, I'll look up on it.

-Chris

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well I've read, and reread the quote;

Perhaps you are putting too much focus on the word "games" in the literal sense?

Another interpretation could be; "games of slaughter" = mind games/tactics; so perhaps the current war on terror?

The word game suggests (in a war or "serious" sense) lack of regard, care, concern or responsibility. So you could read it as; both sides are gambling lives, making a game out of it etc;

"When the dead come out of their graves" - I think it's pretty damn metaphoric
Unless there is a reason for all the zombie movies being released lately (heh)
But yes, it could refer to people, ideals, beliefs of the past.

It doesn't actually make real literal sense though; who's appearing at the Games? It's not the dead people, because that's an event happening at the same time, or so it's worded..

That's my two cents

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i'm just wondering if you're sure you found an accurate translation of the Nostradamus since i know there have been ppl who change around wording and then post it as the official prophecy. only reason i say this is cuz i found a slightly different translation:

The year seven of the great number being past.

There shall be seen the sports of the ghostly sacrifice.

Not far from the great age of the millennium, [Year 2000]

That the buried shall come out of their graves.

i dont know how reliable this translation is, but is there like an official Nostradamus site that accurately translates the quatrains?

VDS

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josh Man
i'm just wondering if you're sure you found an accurate translation of the Nostradamus since i know there have been ppl who change around wording and then post it as the official prophecy. only reason i say this is cuz i found a slightly different translation:

The year seven of the great number being past.

There shall be seen the sports of the ghostly sacrifice.

Not far from the great age of the millennium, [Year 2000]

That the buried shall come out of their graves.

i dont know how reliable this translation is, but is there like an official Nostradamus site that accurately translates the quatrains?

I have got the quote from a website that prides it self on accuracy, infact they have unravelled many false nostradamus prophecies, so I would be surprised if the transaltion was not accurate.

I recommend seeing this site, it has great prophecies from many sources
Here is the link www.dreamscape.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the olympics will be nuked. Like in that movie where they're in the footbal l stadium and the candy machine has a nuke in it.

I'm 100% serious. That's my "prediction". It just sounds correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don´t think he means the 2008 Olympics, I think this prophecy is in fact about the Munich Massacre.

With "great seventh number" he means 1970, and accomplished, because this happened in 1972, two years after 1970.

-Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter

This is clear. I think he uses "great games" to call the Olympic Games, not just the 1972 in particular."Of slaughter" I think doesn´t need an explanation.

Nostradamus lived in the 16th Century, it means he predicted this almost 500 years before, so for him 1972 could easily be "not far of the great millennium" (if he means the 21st century with that), only 28 years.

I´m not quite sure about this part, but he could be referring to Abu Daoud, the man that apparently planned it all. In 1981 he received five shots, from no more than two yards, and survived.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think this Quatrain or whatever you want to call it is about Huricane Katrina... let me explain.

First... lets get the REAL translation, here it is...

"Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme,
The year seven of the great number being past,

Apparoistra au temps ieux d’Hecatombe,
There shall be seen the sports of the ghostly sacrifice,

Non esloingne du grand age milliesme,
Not far from the great age of the millennium,

Que les entrez sortiront de leur tombe.
That the buried shall come out of their graves."

OK now i can explain this.
1. 1999 was the great number, 7 years later = 2005

2. "sports of ghostly sacrifice" New Orleans football team is called the SAINTS the Saints were myrters

3. year 2001 just happened not long ago

4. There are reports of Dead Corpses and Coffins floating down into the city because of the Above ground cemetary in New Orleans

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
About the 2008 Olympics in China.....
I remember reading a prophecy in Greek, that Greece would be hosting the last Olympics that the world would see.....

Which means that there wont be 2008 Olympics in China..according to the prophecy.

Ill see if I can find it.

helen

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join