It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are Friends And Who Are Enemies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Looks like the world is as divided as ever , but id like to know which Countries are friends with us and those who hate us, i live in England.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Everyboby hates England and the U.S.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Would you like to explain your reason ?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I do not know about Countries.

I can say personally:
Your enemies stab you in the back, and your true friends will face you prior to plunging in the knife.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Looks like the world is as divided as ever , but id like to know which Countries are friends with us and those who hate us, i live in England.

Well mate, as a UK citizen from over the border (scotland) for all you nonUK people.
I'd say we have no direct enemies nor friends.
The US is nethier here nor there, but is leaning towards friend.
Its all grey mate, all grey....

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Who can say what Countries are supportive of England and what Countries are not. A question best answered by your own Prime Minister and or Parliment Bulldog.

Having said that, Britains actions during the main thrust into and guearding Iraq I think was exceptional and less casulties by Britain I feel was a direct result.

Other than extreme Soccer fans, Britain is a friendlt classy country.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
regarding latin america, the middle east, africa, western europe, scandinavia (except perhaps norway), russia, china, the indian subcontinent, and SE asia :

People are overly fed-up with anglo-saxon neocolonialism

regarding eastern europe :

You might have a chance there. Fledgling democracies are often easily corruptible (Poland, Czechia, Ukraine). Plus the bonus that some of them think "Reagan brought down the wall".

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im just a normal guy who lives in England , i was wondering what the rest of the world thinks about us, be honest.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Im just a normal guy who lives in England , i was wondering what the rest of the world thinks about us, be honest.

From what I hear.....we're looked upon as lap dogs.
No real power, no real influence.
Just a burned out country.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm totally honest.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

From what I hear.....we're looked upon as lap dogs.
No real power, no real influence.
Just a burned out country.

Ok thats bad , Britain being like that somebodies Bitch , Perhaps Americas Bitch , Tony made us a Bitch to America by being a assole and George Bushes Poodle

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Ok thats bad , Britain being like that somebodies Bitch , Perhaps Americas Bitch , Tony made us a Bitch to America by being a assole and George Bushes Poodle

Tony just played his part, people blame him too easily.
After WW2 we became the US's "bitch" perse.
Any action we take is in support of the yanks.
Korea, GW1, GW2,etc

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As a dutchman emigrated to Canada, I must admit to a terrible disfunction...

I love the Scots more than anyone else in the UK.
America seems a seething nest of gun toting hot heads and England has become a nanny state with teeth.

Holland will soon be reclaimed by the sea.

But Scotland will forever be in my favour...it is to their credit that they have maintained their civility while they rule the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Britain has always sucked up to America for some reason, perhaps its because they screwed us in the second world war, demanding bases here for help in fighting the Nazi , America is a land who's people want to manipulate other countries..They treated England as a commodity , you accept our help but we want to station our army here.Thanks for the blackmail we now have you here you have your airbases and spy stations.I'm fed up with the Politicians in this Country who agree to this , i think its time to stop America having influence over Britain and vote for people who dint suck up to Bush.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Tony just played his part, people blame him too easily.

He did it, who else should we blame?

Sort of, Maggie wasn't afraid to stand up the way 'Tonee' is. Only problem is, you stand up to the yanks and you get labelled a traitor terrorist supporter (i.e. france).

Korea, GW1, GW2,etc

Yep

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
He did it, who else should we blame?

Blamed for what?
Turning this country into a cess pool?
We are to blame, the UK people.

Sort of, Maggie wasn't afraid to stand up the way 'Tonee' is. Only problem is, you stand up to the yanks and you get labelled a traitor terrorist supporter (i.e. france).

Lol, thats cause maggie was the iron women.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Blamed for what?
Turning this country into a cess pool?
We are to blame, the UK people.

Agreed, the question is how do we redeem ourselves?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Korea, GW1, GW2,etc

Hey, the U.S. helped Britain out with the Falklands conflict. Only thing is it had to be behind the scenes, as Britain wanted to prove it could still take care of its own business.

One scene I'll never forget, though, is Bush's speech to congress right after 9/11, whe he looked out to the audience, saw Blair and said "Thanks for being here, friend". Other countries said things, but Britain's Tony Blair showed up in person.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Hey, the U.S. helped Britain out with the Falklands conflict. Only thing is it had to be behind the scenes, as Britain wanted to prove it could still take care of its own business.

One scene I'll never forget, though, is Bush's speech to congress right after 9/11, whe he looked out to the audience, saw Blair and said "Thanks for being here, friend". Other countries said things, but Britain's Tony Blair showed up in person.

Pretty much every country in the world supported you after the WTC attacks, but Blair showed up as an expression of the closeness we Brits feel towards the US.

The invasion of Iraq spent all of that good feeling. Did you have coverage of the protests in the US? 1 million people marched against the war.

Now, because we disagree on a couple of things we get posts like this:

British no longer a friend?

You need to accept that the world can't be divided into 'with us or against us' crap. Your friends will tell you when you are in the wrong, 'yes men' will tell you you are right all the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Why should you care really? Everyone hates everyone from time to time but look who has been there when the chips are down - they are your friends.

For what it is worth - Australians hate England but only when you beat us at rugby.

[edit on 4/6/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join