It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAVE YOU HAD A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
HAS ANYONE HERE HAD A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE?

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not personally but a couple of friends who tried to commit suicide have.

They both talked about bright lights and tunnels and how at peace they felt.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have a few times.

Once, when I was about 8 or 9, I was playing in a tree, my brother and friend were on the ground having just jumped out of the tree. I then jumped from the tree and didn't notice the thin nylon rope dangling from a branch. The rope somehow wrapped around my neck and caught me before I hit the ground. My step brother and friend just stood there shocked, but luckily the tree was right by a fence so I grabbed it just in time.

Another time, I choked on a piece of food (how lame) and couldn't breath. I rememeber my mind going through just about every experience I have ever had, until the thoughts stopped on the "self Heimlich maneuver" I learned from an old cartoon short. (Which led me to my theory that when you are near death, your body/mind naturally looks through all of it's experiences to find a way to survivie...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My Nan had a N.D.E,
When she was rushed in to hospital with leaked appendix.
she stopped breathing for about 4 mins while the doctors where operating,
She remembers floating above her body, then being thrown into darkness,
she heard wierd mumbling sounds like destorted voices....
Then suddenly she was thrown in to a blinding light, as the light started to dim, she seen a man standing in front of her. he reached out his hands but when she went to take them, he pulled away......he told her "its not your time" then suddenly she was back on the operating table...being resusertated....

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I had a stroke for no apparent reason,had no sensation of anything afterward,no body,no sight,nothing,just peace.I remember being able to sense people around me,worried relatives etc,others who were not there at all,strange,like I was just passing through on my way to somewhere else.
I had to relearn how to talk and walk and all,but now I am uNBaLaNCeD,drain bamage.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was shot when i was 16. my friend was killed. I lost 80+% of the blood in my body, but stumbled out of my bronco still trying to carry his lifeless body out to the er. i never blacked out. I was shot in the side, it entered my ribs then out my back.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ive had 3 near death exsperiances and they say its third time lucky.the grim reaper must be getting slow in is age

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So what happened,? Was it the same twice
ummm sorry to say!!! i have heard its third time unlucky
Good luck!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Plenty, but only one worth posting...

My brother and I were trimming this tree up with chainsaws (they're alot faster than hedge trimmers, shears, or limb clippers...) and he is about 15 feet up higher in the tree than me. Well, hecuts off his one branch and a swarm of bees flies out and attacks hi. He jumps the 30 feet to the ground (we do thi all the time), but drops the chainsaw, and the trigger is jammed. I jumped out of the tree, and it cut my shoe, and got my foot pretty bloody. The chainsaw was flling right towarsd my head.

He jumped and I had jumped abuot a half second after he dropped the chainsaw.

It was pretty scary. After I hit he ground, I was like "Dude, I couldbe dead right now... THAT'S AWESOME!!" It was pretty scary, but it's great to tell people I get chainsaws thrown at me, lol...

I'm a survivor, are you?
Tassadar

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
s**T MAN , That must of been really scarey!!!
I hate chainsaws...
well since seeing that film Charlie the chainsaw thingy

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, I wasn't really scared 'till afterwards, and that was only for about a minute.

My uncle was out hunting, and he was pretty pissed off after he got back and there was blood all voer his ranch house.

I thought it was way cooler than what happenend to my brother. He got stung by 23 bees. He was looking like crap for the next two weeks afterwards...
The bees were those half Africanied killer bees/ half South American honey bees, he didn't die, it just hurt hm pretty bad.

Tassadar

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm glad to read that you NDEers are ok.

I was in a near fatal car accident just over a year ago. I was ejected out of a moving vehicle at 70mph. I had a shattered pinky, broken tailbone, back damage and road rash on my backside. I was starflighted to the hospital, treated and released. The next day, my family and I went to the accident site to take pictures of the damage. Nine months later, I noticed strange anomalies in the pictures. These anomalies were only present in the pics taken at the accident site, but not in all of the accident photos. There may have been an intervention of some sort. Who really knows? In 1996, my Aunt died after being ejected from a moving truck not far from my accident location. Strange coincidence? Or is it?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Bangin:
Sounds like your aunt was there for you, I belive that we have guardians,
strange ...... wierd things happen all the time...
good that you live to tell the story sounds like you were very lucky you made it alive......

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have had a couple of other near death experiences.

One time,I was jumping out of a plane,I had a really bad hangover and was feeling mighty low,I did my 4 thousand count and the chute didn't open yet,I thought about it too long and had no time to deploy my reserve,so I grabbed the risers and started shaking the heck out of the chute,and it opened about 50 ft off the ground,I was the first guy to get to the ground of all the guys on the plane.Really soft landing.

Another time,I had been humping around,flying around on planes and choppers for about 96 hours without any sleep,when I finally had a chance to get some shuteye,I went to this outcropping where it stuck out into the sea,(supposedly this was the safest place in the area because it had been cleared the day before),zonked right out,I was pooped,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Got rudely awakened by my head bouncing off of rocks as I was being dragged across the ground by my feet.

It turns out that there was a sniper walking rounds right up the hill at my head,and some quick thinking guy grabbed me by the feet and dragged me out of harms way,never even found out who the guy was....

Do these qualify as near death experiences?.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ohh yea,,,, Your life sounds so exciting!!!
Sniper's Scarey stuff...
How do you handle a situation like that?

[Edited on 14-8-2003 by asala]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If I had been awake I probably would have pooped my pants and got up and ran,maybe pooped em while I was running,maybe after....

This all happened while I was in the military,I still cannot remember a lot of what happened there,combat kinda sucks,you block out what you don't want to think about,it was a nasty place.

One thing I do remember is that I had like 10 grenades,an AK47 that I found lying around,some other stuff too,they said we had to unload all of our stuff there,they didn't check us for contraband at all,I could have brought it all back with me,dammit.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I had a car crash once and i remember thinking " Am i dead" It was a night so there was nobody about

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
djdohboy
tell us a bit more about what happened?

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I personally have not had one - yet, I do believe we have guardians watching over us. My grandmother expierenced one a while back, though I do not know much about it. All I know is that she was sleeping one night and by the way she told it to me sounded like she was having a heart attack maybe. She saw a a bright bright light before and told me she did feel at peace, before she was brought to the hospital. She ended up alive and well

-WD

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I slept with a fat chick.

lmao (just kidding)

I got hit by a drunk driver when i was 16.
my head went through glass, bounced off the c pillar of the car and when i woke up, i couldn't lift my head off a pillow for 2 weeks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join