It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call To Join Masonry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
As far as pros and cons of masonry, I can see why it would appeal to people. But, then again, you've got to pay membership dues, which allways seems like a silly thing. I mean, I know that the dues are used to do charity and the like also, so make of it what you will, however I've allways found the idea of paying a bunch of guys in order to hang out with them kinda strange.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think this years dues were like $45. Part pays for our share of Grand Lodge expenses, supporting charities etc. Plus those beautiful buildings don't come cheap

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The meals before the meetings pay for the dues alone within 3 months, wine fresh meat etc. I know that sounds like it plays into the whole oh they're only looking out for themselves argument, elitest bastards blah blah blah. The amount of charity that I've seen in the first two months since I began my petition process show the benevolent intent of The Craft. Masonry is centered around the advancement of the morality of the individual.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
As far as pros and cons of masonry, I can see why it would appeal to people. But, then again, you've got to pay membership dues, which always seems like a silly thing. I mean, I know that the dues are used to do charity and the like also, so make of it what you will, however I've allways found the idea of paying a bunch of guys in order to hang out with them kinda strange.

Freemasonry does not appeall to everyone. Some people join because they expect certain things from Freemasonry that in fact are not so. Many join for business advancement, special priviledges, get out of tickets, etc etc and QUICKLY find out that Freemasonry will not help them in any such area. Some others may have expected something else, but are pleased when they learn what Freemasonry actually DOES give those who give to it.

Membership dues are another popular misconception. My lodge charges $36 per YEAR. HARDLY enough to pay for the things that the lodge gives an individual member, such as food, materials, awards/gifts, etc.

All members pay the same dues, it's needed to keep the lodge functioning! Every member of the lodge is, in a sense, part owner of the lodge. We are all listed in the register and we all have a vote on lodge matters. We each pay our part to keep the lodge running.

So you are not paying anyone to hang out with them! If, for some reason, a brother couldn't pay his dues one year, they usually get paid by other brothers, or may even be waived by the lodge. We are a charitable bunch, even with each other.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What do the Masons' believe in

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join