It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics != Christian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997Ok, lets take a critical review.... [SNIP] Its the rcc doctrine that is not christian.

I would be the first to agree that the doctrines of the RCC aren't exactly representative of the belief system - let alone the orthopraxy - adhered to by Yeshua (aka Jesus) and his early Jewish followers, let alone the early Gentile disciples of the Apostle Paul.

Nevertheless, no church - be it Protestant, Catholic, Orthdox or what-have-you - can make such a claim and expect to be taken seriously, because what was once a simple proto-rabbinic Repentance-Kingdom Movement that sought to usher in the Messianic Era has evolved into the multi-headed Hydra that is modern Christendom.

Be that as it may, ... there's really no point in bashing any one church or engaging in oneupsmanship or ethnocentrism, because it's not an effective tool for correcting the shortcomings one perceives in another person and/or their belief system.

A certain Hasidic Master named R. Khayim said, "In my younger days, I wanted to bring all human beings to repentance; later, when I realized that this was impossible, I wished to bring my home town to piety, but I did not succeed; so I decided to try this on the members of my household; I soon realized that this was also impossible, so I decided to seek for myself alone a way to repentance, and even in this I have not been successful."

In the words of another Jewish moralist, "... cast the log out of your own eye...." Besides, working out one's own salvation is far more profitable ... unless, of course, your Jack T. Chick or someone who makes money off of bashing other faiths.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by smadewell]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Understood that now ? Or do you need more help ? :bnghd:

[edit on 7-6-2005 by joejoe]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Croat //QUOTE/Of course catholics are christians. The catholic church was formed by Jesus and he put the Apostle Peter in charge of it. He was like the first pope, but the name pope hadnt come into exhistance yet.

not denying that Roman Catholics are Christians!
I quite agree !

BUT.......Why then in REVELATION 20:14(for the world judgement day)....bear all the twelve in the same order?
quote/
A high wall surrounds the city as a sign that no one who is unworthy can enter there; the same thought is expressed by the fact that it is guarded at the twelve gates by a guard of angels of God.
The gates bear the names of the twelve tribes of Israel,
for just as on earth these tribes composed the community of the elect people of God,
so their names comprehend also the heavenly elect - the new Israel.
On the twelve foundations of the wall are written the names of the twelve apostles of the Lord,
as a sign,
of course,
that the apostles are the foundation on which the Church is established,
as the founders of the Christian Faith among all the nations of the earth. Here it is impossible not to see a rejection of the false dogma of the Latins that the Church of Christ is founded on the Apostle Peter alone." (Archbishop Averky)

Being built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets,
Christ Jesus Himself being the cornerstone,
in Whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord (Ephesians 2.20-21).

From a post in A.T.S.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smadewell

Originally posted by jake1997Ok, lets take a critical review.... [SNIP] Its the rcc doctrine that is not christian.

I would be the first to agree that the doctrines of the RCC aren't exactly representative of the belief system - let alone the orthopraxy - adhered to by Yeshua (aka Jesus) and his early Jewish followers, let alone the early Gentile disciples of the Apostle Paul.

Good. Then you have answered the topic.

The rest of your post was about putting others in the same boat as the RCC. Great. I will not disagree with you on them when they have their own thread.
This thread is about the RCC doctrine vs the doctrine of Christ.

This isnt about bashing one and promoting the other.
You answered it already so I guess the poster has the answer now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join