It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Civil Liberties Union has been shredding documents.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
American Civil Liberties Union has been shredding documents over repeated objections of its records manager and in conflict with longstanding policies on preservation, disposal of records... Developing...

Will post link when I can find more....

Its on Drudge now...

This comes as no surprise to me, only 1 out of 20 cases do they actually not have an agenda.......usually its the wrong agenda......

[edit on 4-6-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Man, everyone shreads papers in this day. They could have been updated and the previous is no longer necessary. What do you do with them? Shread!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Man, everyone shreads papers in this day. They could have been updated and the previous is no longer necessary. What do you do with them? Shread!

Somehow this smells fishy - Shredding could also mean removing evidence...Ask Enron..

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by intrepid

Somehow this smells fishy - Shredding could also mean removing evidence...Ask Enron..

It could also mean house cleaning, which has to be done or you'ld be up to your nose in paper. What's fishy?

I'd ask Enron but he's probably in BTS.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How many documents does the US government shred everyday?

While I remain skeptical of what foreign entities such as the US government or the ACLU are shredding, there are many good reasons for shredding. The main reason to come to mind is personal privacy, which the ACLU seems big on.

But, edsinger, if you want to continue this charade of double standards, here are some links for you:

news.google.com... coff=1&sa=N&tab=wn

I'd link the New York Times directly, but it seems you can only get to the article by going through google first.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamuhnBut, edsinger, if you want to continue this charade of double standards, here are some links for you:

news.google.com... coff=1&sa=N&tab=wn

I'd link the New York Times directly, but it seems you can only get to the article by going through google first.

Thanks for the link.... spot on!

new topics

top topics

join