It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Uh, where's the underground hanger?
There's a munitions storage shaped symetrical, if that's what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
heres the big one
external image

heres 5 small ones

external image

Mod Edit: Reduced image size...

[edit on 9/20/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
i wonder what kind of rec area they have here lol...just a thought

I have often wondered that also. and what might the "Shop Talk" be like

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

heres the big one
external image

heres 5 small ones

external image

Sorry to say it, but the pictures you posted are NOT a hanger! These are close up of the bunkers at the south end of the base. These bunkers hold munition (bombs, missiles, ect.). If you notice, this compond is far away from the rest of the base. they did that for safety, if for some reason they ever had an explosion in one of the bunkers, it wouldn't endanger the rest of the base.

Tim

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Concerning recreational facilities, I ran across this quote on a random website. Some of the amenities listed below can be seen in satellite images.

Given the relative short commute time for most employees who live in Las Vegas, Groom Lake has a rather limited recreation facilities, including a tennis court, swimming pool, bar, and baseball diamond.

I just want to quickly remind folks that this thread intends to primarily focus on images taken INSIDE the base, or at least from ground level. Satellite images of the base are a dime a dozen and I want to keep such images out of the thread to keep clutter to a minimum. I also would like to limit the text discussion of the base - there are hundreds of other threads available for that.

Thanks for the great additions, guys.

Zip

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just a note about the picture links posted by enthuziazm, the first one (www.area51zone.com...) is actually Creech AFB at Indian Springs, Nevada. Interestingly, the "rubber duck" hangars on the end of the ramp were used at Groom in the early 1980s to house Tactical Air Command F-117A aircraft undergoing acceptance tests. They were replaced by permanent Butler buildings (hangars 20 through 23) in the late 1980s.

Most of the best available photos from inside area 51 were taken between 1955 and 1990 during such programs as AQUATONE, OXCART, KEDLOCK, TAGBOARD, HAVE DOUGHNUT, HAVE DRILL, HAVE BLUE, SENIOR TREND, and TACIT BLUE.

By "inside," I have to include in-flight and aerial shots up to an altitude of approximately 20,000 feet. I have seen a great film of TACIT BLUE in flight over the Groom Lake area with the base in the background. More recently, I saw color film of the Groom Lake base that was apparently shot from Papoose Mountain in the mid-1950s.

Hundreds of still photos from the above programs have been declassified. Unfortunately, some of the pictures have been retouched to eliminate specific background details or aircraft serial numbers, but most of the shots are pristine.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, that sounds great! I primarily want to exclude satellite imagery, really. Cool!

Zip

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

heres the big one
external image

heres 5 small ones

external image

Sorry to say it, but the pictures you posted are NOT a hanger! These are close up of the bunkers at the south end of the base. These bunkers hold munition (bombs, missiles, ect.). If you notice, this compond is far away from the rest of the base. they did that for safety, if for some reason they ever had an explosion in one of the bunkers, it wouldn't endanger the rest of the base.

Tim

They are munitions storage "igloos" I was in the AF and worked with missiles of all types. Go to google maps and search for Dyess AFB Texas there is a good view of some B1 and C130 aircraft there and if you snoop around you can find the munitions bunkers there also. There is also nukes there.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Area 51 by night

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
thats a nice night time pict almost desktop worthy

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey guys, great pictures! keep up the good work!

[edit on 19-11-2005 by kevo]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

i wonder what kind of rec area they have here lol...just a thought

They for sure have a baseball field and tennis court.

link

Here you can clearly see the baseball diamond. Its a copyrighted pic so it wont let me post it.

Nothing like a nice game of softball after building top secret planes

[edit on 19-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
some of these pics look like they were taken in western nevada, around fallon... but the rest are awesome...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is not a picture of an Area 51 entrance but a picture from a Lockheed facility in Hellendale California

maps.google.com...,-117.299523&spn=0.020986,0.030770&t=k&hl=en

googleglobetrotting.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
found this on Ebay

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod Edit: Link was expanding page width - fixed

Hank - Next time tell us a little more about what you're linking us to and its significance, instead of just copying and pasting the url and leaving it at that....

[edit on 12/13/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very interesting, and a lot of pics that don't generally come up through regular search engines.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oisin
Very interesting, and a lot of pics that don't generally
come up through regular search engines.

You really should get over to dreamlandresort.com
if you have any interest at all in Area 51.

Those pics, and dozens of others, are taken
frequently by the locals that live up there.
Scanner traffic recordings, maps, gps coordinates,
discussions with all the heavy hitters of A-51 research.

Serious, adult research.

Sarge

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
well guys after going through this whole thread it has proven to me there is nothing in area 51 its just a secret air force base. I wouldnt really no but it only became so big after that alien rumour thing does anyone have that?like how the rumour started?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well the UFO wreckage was reportedly taken to Hangar 18 in Area 51. (The big hangar you can see in satellite pictures).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join