It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have some here..

Many thanks to Steve Hauser and desertsecrets for the pictures

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

Recent picture of experimental plane flying over groom lake.

Just to clarify, that is the Northrop Tacit-Blue, which was retired in 1985 to the USAF museum in Dayton. It was supposedly developed to test early JSTARS components as well as some theories that were put to use on the B2

external image

This is one of the best threads I have seen on ATS in a while, excellent pictures everyone.

Admin edit to resize large image

[edit on 11-3-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Found another.. Early 1960's picture during project Oxcart.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
wow, that last picture is a good clear picture. and It is Area 51...but yeah, unfortunatly its an old one.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good suggestion for topping the thread...thank Asala for topping it...

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looking good. Please U2U me about any broken image links so that I can host missing images on ATS upload space.

Zip

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Adding another to the collection..

Early 1960's but still awesome.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
area51specialprojects.com...

Supposedly were bob lazer says S4 is.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
More MiGs from the "Have Doughnut" project:

jra

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think this image: www.tellmewhereonearth.com...

Is this place: maps.google.com...,-117.851887&spn=0.049353,0.074329&t=k&hl=en

Note that some of the lines in the dry lake bed are the same. Doesn't really look like Area 51 to me.

EDIT: it is the same place. Look at the smaller dry lake bed at the bottom of the photo and then look at the north end of the base in the google satillite picture.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by jra]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Before I retired, I was privy to photos pertaining to aerodynamic experiments for drone technology. While the external photos seem very familiar in regards to Groom Lake, many of the interior photos appear amazingly similar to aircraft hangars at Northrup-Grumman, Skunkworks and various other facilities in California. Just an observation....

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Obviously these pictures aren't anything special. Because if someone posted something majour, ATS would "magically" crash for a tiny bit as the photos disapear. Along with the poster.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ATS is not hosting these pictures (so save them while you can) as I stated before. Various websites are hosting these pictures that I have found through google by searching for meta tags using about 20 different key words.

It would be really helpful by adding some key words for people who are looking for hard to find never before seen pictures of area 51.

Also please note that not all these photos are from area 51. They are however accosted with it. This was stated earlier in the thread.

[edit on 14-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Rest assured that several of the internal images ARE from Groom Lake, though some are not. The SR-71 and A-12 images that were taken inside are at Skunk Works. That is specified in the thread and in the photo itself.

EDIT, as for being "nothing special," I disagree. I, and others, find these photos quite fascinating.

Zip

[edit on 6/14/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They are SPECIAL, but it means the government doesn't mind them bieng shown. What I ment is they're nothing Special as to what's REALLY going in area 51.

Also;

How would the FBI explain why ALL of these pictures disappeared? It's really unlikley that ALL of these servers just went down. So, they'll take down ATS, make it look like an accident, and while it's down, they'll delete all the text in this thread, then delete some stuff, in order to delude the fact they're targeting these pictures specifically. I win

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
Pictures of inside the base: www.roadrunnersinternationale.com...

Wow, the first time I looked at the picture of T.D. Barnes, the first thing that popped into my head was "Billy Shears?"

They look alike sort of.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
These photos show what was "really" going on at Groom Lake. They are just not current. Planes are tested at Groom Lake. In the future, new aircraft will be declassified, and at that time we may have pictures of the planes being tested at Groom Lake, perhaps.

The very first photograph in this thread was taken inside a hangar in the early 80's during the testing phase of the F-117. That was, at the time, what was "really" going on there. What is "really" going on there now is the testing and advancement of other craft which we can only speculate about.

Indeed, if we could somehow produce an image of a currently-in-testing aircraft, Simon would no doubt be asked to remove it (as he has removed things of a sensitive nature before from this site, when asked.) However, I don't think that any current images exist, because by the nature of the Internet, they would have been spread so far and wide so quickly that they would not have escaped our attention.

Anyways, I now ask again that we try and keep this thread picture oriented and take Groom Lake / Area 51 discussion to another thread - there are several that discuss whether it moved, what may be going on there besides aircraft testing, etc.

Zip

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Found this on google images

Probably all false but i'll let you guys decide, i'm learning from you

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
that place in the google maps dont look like area 51 to me, i have seen area 51 on google maps and... eeeeehhh eeerrrr, i just zoomed out on the lake, its not groom lake, i duno if ya tohught it was, but it isnt, but i dont know what u lot thought lol

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
wow i like this thread, i'm new to ATS but i find this forum very honest and good.. nice pictures with a few repetitions here and there..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join