It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Inside Groom Lake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerb

This looks like a moudel of some kind possibly a super computer:
That was probably snapped back in the 50's - 60's I bet for that time period those comps (assuming thats what they are) were pulling in about 3 gigahertz for the most advanced of the time which is unheard of for that time period but you have to remember its top secrete. Nowadays they are probably pulling in about 2 teraflopes, which is unheard of considering our brain process at 1 teraflop.

Hate to disappoint you, but the first supercomputers came up in the 60's with processing power of around 2 megaflops.
Speed measured in hertz also isn't that much of a scale as it is with pc's. There are a lot of tasks that are done using highly specialized IC's where hertz doesn't mean a thing. For example, the NSA is using specialized components designed for voice recognition. They are designed and built for a single task, but they do that task extremely fast. This stuff died on the open market decades ago since it is way to expensive for business, but is still loved for certain purposes.

Oh, yeah, and the human brain is said to have processing power of around 100 teraflops (just think about how much information you have to process just typing this).

Oh really? thanks for clearing me up on that. I'll stick to posting pictures.

Pictures of inside the base: www.roadrunnersinternationale.com...

Pictures outside of groom lake of trucks caring preassembled concrete rooms, Ideal for building underground bunkers.

"the Shack"

Recent picture of experimental plane flying over groom lake.

Can't confirm this is inside area 51 thats what the goggle image search suggest though.

Experimental craft flying over groom lake.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

[edit on 7-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i think most people who work in there are bored with the "honor" of working at such a legendary work site.....

i'll also venture a guess that being IN there is not much better than being miles away from it. a visitor or engineer at groom lake or any other "secret" facility is more or less confined to their work area and subject to arrest if they stray too far from it.

has anyone ever come across a story about the water mains for area 51 being vulnerabe to attack? it's been said all of the base's water supply comes in from a municipal source and is fairly accessable to terrorists.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Iksmodnad, I must thank you for your great images. That last one is my favourite, with the Groom Lake dry lakebed clearly in the background behind the plane, runway and all... I've never seen that picture in all of my searches.

Anyways, great work, picture posters! Keep up the great work - let's pick the net clean of whatever "inside" Groom Lake images exist - I will host the images if need be, if the servers we are referencing decide they're getting too much traffic from ATS clicks.

Zip

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
are you sure those are all authentic pictures

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Top Secret planes seem kool but wheres the Aliens and Space crafts....

Are we in trouble for looking over these pics, Or is it a Goverment setup to say we are all spies now????? By addressing these on ats our freedoms are in jepordy.

Forget that last statement, I seen nothing!!!!

[edit on 9-6-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That aircraft, I got a chance to fly via flight simulator. Talk about fliying higher and faster than anything else. It is supposedly a high altitude/space flight only ready craft. It required launch from another plane to bring it to the minimum elevation that is required to launch it so to say.

Anyone who uses the flight sims should be able to verify.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
cool photos!

is it just me or does that last craft look superimposed over the backround of groom lake? considering its an 'expiremental' craft, couldnt that just be a graphic artists rendition?

more photos!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
I agree. I wish I could get in there to. I think right before I die. I'm going to drive there and then i'm going to sprint into it. I know they'll probably shoot me. But thats why I'm going to do it right before i die.

that's great, we will be watching the news one night and see this 85 yr old guy in a motorized wheel chair tearing past the security gate of Area 51 with the camo dudes in their SUV's giving chase to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I like the pictures. Nice work you guys.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These are some of the awesomest pics I've ever seen on ATS. Though they don't reveal any ufo stuff... they're still pretty cool. A few comments, though:

1) I think that one pic is of the proposed X-20 DynaSoar. Unfortunately, it looks like a cgi pic (though I think it's possible that it may have been built in secret in real life).

2) Has anyone ever wondered what the real point of an armed Blackbird was? I am not an expert on the blackbird (so please fill me in), but it seems like none of the Russian bombers in the 1960s were even remotely fast enough to warrant a Mach 3 interceptor. Might the F-12 have been built for... shooting at UFOs?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hey I am not done yet, btw I would save some of those pictures before they are taken down, some of the sites I have been too have mysteriously have had pictures removed off of them, can we say NSA.. anyway I will continue to search for more pics I have a few of the underground Dulce complex and some video but I am not sure of its authenticity.

1) I think that one pic is of the proposed X-20 DynaSoar. Unfortunately, it looks like a cgi pic (though I think it's possible that it may have been built in secret in real life).

Have you ever heard the story of the space monolith well ...

First check it out link to the story can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now think about what could be this "Secrete space shuttle" could be.

The government then used an early secret military space shuttle to go get the Monolith itself. This covert military spacecraft flew years before the first "official" NASA Shuttle's public flights in 1981. The spaceplane is operated by a secret military astronaut program out of Vandenburg Air Force Base, California, among other locations. The second flight mission of this unacknowledged military shuttle retrieved the Monolith, and brought it back to Earth in 1972 for study

There was only one craft capable of that at that time and it was the X-20 DynaSoar Its been around for while and still is. I would die to see what the newer version of it looks like. They probably have a new version of it locked up in a hanger next to S4 in area 51 but who knows.

2) Has anyone ever wondered what the real point of an armed Blackbird was? I am not an expert on the blackbird (so please fill me in), but it seems like none of the Russian bombers in the 1960s were even remotely fast enough to warrant a Mach 3 interceptor. Might the F-12 have been built for... shooting at UFOs?

It was for spying on the Russians nuclear facilities during the cold war, I think its been retired since 1997 (I think).

[edit on 9-6-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ah, yes! How silly of me - that image is a CG. Uhh, I blame my monitor's resolution

Zip

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
UFO sighted Over Area 51 in 1990

I haven't screened this yet, it takes a really long time to load.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No leeching. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn, do you have a not so direct link?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Great stuff no matter the year. Would like to say the Vid-Shot "Sept 21/91" is California. But perhap's other than the black triangle, the most important picture in this collection. It's ground level, and from above it looks like a B2 and there is a fake runway directly ajoining your picture (only without any tire-skid marks).

Grat work bringing them all here.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Certainly some amazing photos here, many that I've not seen before, so thanks to all!
However, the shot of the lifting-body type craft (Tail No 52716) does seem to be a photoshop job, and the airbase it's flying over looks more like the Dryden facility at Edwards. The big compass rose at the top of the picture is the clincher!
terraserver.microsoft.com... S=15&Z=11&X=65&Y=604&W=1&qs=%7cEDWARDS+AFB%7c%7c

NOTE - If you zoom right in on this image, around where the 225 is marked on the compass, you'll find a a few a/c parked around. One of them is a YF-23!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
iksmodnad - Just for clarification's sake, your 7th picture of the NASA lifting body is actually taken over Edwards Air Force base and NOT Groom Lake.

I'm not trying to put your pictures down as many are very good but several people were getting excited over seeing Groom when it is actually Edwards Air France Base. Since when did NASA fly planes out of Groom - I personally don't think they do/did (not in NASA markings) - my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
No offense taken. Its the Internet stuff gets mixed up all the time. The website I went to when I was searching said that picture was from groom lake and I was convinced when I seen what I though was groom lake underneath it. So please forgive my mistake.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Top Secret planes seem kool but wheres the Aliens and Space crafts....

[edit on 9-6-2005 by 2ndSEED]

How are you so sure that the Aliens and UFO's exist at Area 51?
Most of the people who reported that "they worked with" alien spacecraft, are either television people, or senial grandfathers. And if it WAS so secret, don't you think the government would "take out" the people who revealed such things? And if the FBI or whoever allow us to post such "secret" and "awesome" pictures of Area 51, then Area 51 isn't all that secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join