It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the 9/11 Chopper Footage??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If I think back on that day, some of the most compelling images I saw were from the news choppers which were circling the tops of the towers. I remember scanning the TV screen intently, looking at the shots of the WTC rooftop and wondering if we were going to see some survivors who'd made it to the roof.

Of course we never did.

Anyway, I realized a couple of months ago that I don't think I've ever seen that footage since. I've seen quite few angles on the the anniversaries, and even more vidcaps on the web, but NOWHERE can I find copies of that chopper footage.

Anybody got ideas on where it could be found? And why it might be missing?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sorry about the double post. I didn't realize that 9/11 topic was appearing as a sticky right at the top of this forum.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Excellent request. I, too, thought that day that surely someone would be rescued off the roofs. A lot of people, I hoped. But it did not happen.

The footage however is very valuable. It should be found.

How much searching has already been done by you?

[edit on 6/4/2005 by Noumenon]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You never see that footage on T.V. because it would be in VERY bad taste. The video would show up close the deaths of many who were in the WTC. Who wants to see that?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I've searched the web pretty extensively, although I confess the last time I did was about three or four months ago.

I explored the search engines, and I also searched the archives on the websites for most of the local NY stations. Nada.

I want to see it, and someday I want my son to see it. And I will sit down and explain it to him, and then I'll show him the video. And if I have my way, he'll do the same thing with his son. Because the media's 'filtering' of the news for the sake of 'taste' is not the version of events that I want my son to know.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by troydayton]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In the documentary Loose Change they show for few secs some images from a chopper....i have never seen those images before and was pretty impressive, i just wish there was more time.
Btw that documentary is very nice, the best so far...there is another image from a reporter just on the street infront of the WTC in the exactly moment it collapse.....

You can find the vid here.
www.911wasalie.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
You never see that footage on T.V. because it would be in VERY bad taste. The video would show up close the deaths of many who were in the WTC. Who wants to see that?

It likely that instead you would see images that uncover the secrets behind 9/11, e.g. demolition explosions, etc..

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It likely that instead you would see images that uncover the secrets behind 9/11, e.g. demolition explosions, etc..

And the Totally Predictable In Bad Taste Comment goes to you.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

I think the bad taste award goes to the reels of footage shown over and over again of the people floating through the air after they have jumped, that footage is just disturbing.

It's a valid question as to why there's no chopper footage available.
It's also not the first time that footage from 9/11 which went to air live on the day has never to be seen again since.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the person above me. That was definately in bad taste when they would show the people who jumped. I think that I did see the footage in question or footage that was very similar on the day of or after 9/11 when I got home and flipped the news on. The part that's troubling me is that I can't remember if it was the same day or the following.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukethedrifter

And the Totally Predictable In Bad Taste Comment goes to you.

How is that in bad taste? Maybe someone is just being hyper sensitive? No one wants to see the people die, but unfortunately when there are questions, sometimes the gore must be dealt with. Especially when that gore might shed some light on what happened, so that, you know, those people didn't die in vain.

top topics

join