It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Confirms For First Time That U.S. Soldier Kicked A Quran At Guantanamo (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Pentagon last Friday confirmed for the first time that a prisoner at Guantanamo Bay had his holy book the Quran kicked deliberately which is in violation of the military's rules.

Other confirmed incidents include prison guards throwing water balloons in a cell block soaking an unspecified number of Qurans, a guard's urine was poured over a detainee and his Quran, and a two-word obscenity written in English was scribed into the inside cover of a Quran.

abclocal.go.com
The findings are among the results of an investigation last month by Brig. Gen. Jay Hood, the commander of the detention center in Cuba, that was triggered by a Newsweek magazine report - later retracted - that a U.S. soldier had flushed one Guantanamo Bay detainee's Quran down a toilet.

Last week, Hood disclosed that he had confirmed five cases of mishandling of the Quran, but he refused to provide details. Allegations of Quran desecration at Guantanamo Bay have led to anti-American passions in many Muslim nations, although Pentagon officials have insisted that the problems were relatively minor and that U.S. commanders have gone to great lengths to enable detainees to practice their religion in captivity

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why this has been aloud to happen is beyond me. What would someone think they had the right to vandalize another’s holy scriptures? If it hit the news that Muslim workers (if there were any) in Guantanamo Bay were vandalizing bibles there would be uproar. Most of these prisoners have been locked away without trial so showing such disrespect as this is just a disgrace. I hope justice is brought upon both parties.

Related News Links:
abclocal.go.com
www.nsgtmo.navy.mil

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ABUSE CRISIS: Probe: U.S. Leaders Didn't Order Prison Abuse
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2005 by phixion]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So what??
We still have not cut off anyone's head and broadcast the video.

Compare the two actions and tell me which is a high school prank, and which is an ATROCITY.

Go ahead and figure it out..... ...................................................................................................................................................... ................................... I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
No you're not cutting off their heads and broadcasting it on the internet but your performing actions that will initiate such responses. Terrorists committed those acts of violence because someone pissed them off. Defacing their holy book is not going to solve anything.

I'm not in any way trying to condome events such as the Ken Bigly exection but these findings from Guantanamo Bay are just going to worsen the situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OOOHHHH, he kicked the Koran....big deal.
It's a book...that's it. Just like the Christain Bible.....it's the message
that counts. Burn, toss, kick, piss on, shat on, spit on, put thru a shredder for all I care.

People should have better stuff to do besides go after book kickers...like pickin thier nose.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am so proud of what big pu**ies we've become. Oh NO!!!! We kicked the quran..SO WHAT???? We didnt have any beheadings on fox did we? WHo cares about these people or their little bibles. They didnt seem to care on the 11th did they?

Hell, if I was in charge, Id beat them with it, untill one of the pukes gave up Bin Ladins hole he's hiding in.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Already covered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join