It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Effort to “Spread Democracy” Leaves A Trail of Conflict and Suffering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Threatning?
He said be carefuly because its a touchy subject, IT IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT!
He was warning the guy...

Warning the guy about what? What was souljah planning to do if if someone wrote something he didn't like, have them beheaded?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That's Showbiz

Originally posted by centurion1211
Warning the guy about what? What was souljah planning to do if if someone wrote something he didn't like, have them beheaded?

Oh great. Just what we need. Another Souljah beheading video.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Warning the guy about what?

About upsetting people?

What was souljah planning to do if if someone wrote something he didn't like, have them beheaded?

Probably nothing, BTW thats not funny.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Threatning?
He said be carefuly because its a touchy subject, IT IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT!
He was warning the guy...

You know that is something I have never understood about humans. Why is it that when someone has obviously hit a swore spot someone always has to try to push it further. It makes no sense. It is as if you like conflict....

Where ever you have two exterme views you will have conflict. Islam is a very traditional religon and very anti-materialistic. American culture is the exact opposite. Neither side listens, both assume lies, and the killings continue.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i would like to say something on the topic of US involvement in Bosnian conflict, surely it can be applied to lots of other current situations, Afganistan, Iraq and such.

When US army first came to Bosnia they were considered saviours...by the muslim population at least, becouse they were the ones being slaughtered by croats and serbs right on the europes doorstep. Sufficient to say, things changed when the americans stepped in, becouse before that, serbs were basically doing anything they wanted.....and right in front of the UN, UNPROFOR, KFOR and all other "peacekeepers". Make no mistake about it, there are videos of UNPROFOR forces standing by, watching serbs kill muslim civilians.... and laughing !
heres a good summary for this stoy, and it is a "US-based weekly magazine "Executive Intelligence Review" in its Sept. 1995 issue,"

www.umsl.edu...

So i would say US military dominance was the only thing which actually stopped the conflict....a perfect medicine for the serbian idea of grandiosity, which comes up every 50 years or so...
It is only much latter when things turned for the worse for the US - Bosnia relationships :

www.insightmag.com...

I would also like to say that bosnian muslims are unlike most other muslims in the world. One needs to understand the cultural and historical background of the area to see that this is so. Of course, the best way to learn this is to see it for yourself, and i dont mean travelling with the marines and spending a year the boot camp over there

peace

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
centurion1211,

I am sorry if I miss understood your sense of patriotism, but the truth is that I also have one and pointing to the mistakes of our administration is a right thing to do.

You can not denied that is a mess in Afghanistan and another in Iraq, not matter how the administration is claiming victory and success, things are far from that.

People are dying and it's not for democracy but from mistakes, our administration knows that, most Americans knows that, and somebody has to take responsibility for it and nobody wants too.

Our world is not the world of the US and administration, our world is a world that have many nations and many people with different believes and religions.

But we the United State of American seem to be targeting one group of people the most.

You need to ask yourself what has brought the hatred by radical muslin groups against US, this was not over night, this has been something that has been gradually and escalating.

Believe or not it did not started with US alone but after the UK left the middle east region and oil was discovered.

Read Centurion, read about the history of the region and you will see why people in that area has become so anti-American.

Just research and read, sometimes is good to see the conflict from all sides and not only the one that our administration wants you to see, full of propaganda, of the jelousy of our way fo life, freedom and democracy.

I have nothing against you centurion, I never had, but when pushed to much I kind of tend to defend myself.

Don't blame me for that.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If I understand this correctly then, you are not opposed to U.S intervention in the affairs of others, but are instead critical of the way it is done.

Is this a fair assessment on my part?

The intervention in Yugoslavia was very limited to Airstrikes Only - there were no land operations nor were there any serious naval operations, expect for carriers moving to area of operations.

Intervention was mainly directed at the Serb army instalations and paramilitary formations.

I know that the situation in Yugoslavia was very tricky, since nobody really knew, if its an iternal affair or is it more of international affair.

How long did it take for the USA to respond to Saddams invasion of Kuwait?

How long did it take for the USA to respond to Civil War in Yugoslavia?

How long did it take for the USA to respond to 9/11?

Sometimes international intervention is needed - and the UN mission in Yugoslavia was more International then American.

Its the Priorites of the US foreign policies that are the Problem.

Some countires are more important then others - even if they have the same problem incommon.

But the titles of this thread is talking about US spreading democracy in Middle East - not the Balkans.

Thats different....

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

For an example of the so-called mentality behind the spread of 'islamofascism', look at this piece of work, souljah. He is basically threatening people on ATS for just talking about the latest war in the Balkans. Oh, and to be sure, muslims are involved in that war, too.

I dont Threat people.

I really dont care what you think and what you write - but I do mind your take-over in this thread.

If you have a problem with me, open a thread "I have a problem with Souljah" and debate it there with your fellow maximus and other centurions.

When you want to talk about something, at least you can do is know what you are talking about, dont you think?

I dont have a clue about Nuclear Microbiology - and I am not smart about it.

This guy was.

I warned him, because I know how certain people react to this topic.

[edit on 5/6/05 by Souljah]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join