It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Illness in Nordics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Alright, I was not sure which forum to post this in, so I hope this is the right one. I'm attempting to do research on this, but I'm not coming up with much so I thought maybe people here at ATS could help. In fact, it's probably my best chance. It's kind of something I consider important... Like need-to-know.

Anyways, has anyone ever heard of there being more mental illnesses in nordic people? Specifically, I mean, has there been reported that there are more blonde hair, blue eyed people that are considered sociopathic, bipolar, have obsessive compulsive disorders, suffer depression/anxiety, or have some other type of really bad (possibly sexual/mental) disorder. And if so, is this more common in males than females?

I'm grateful for any information you can provide. Let me know if you need me to elaborate.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Last summer I worked in a mental health setting (as a security guard). I didn't notice nordics having mental illnesses in any different proportion to that of the city population.

Try looking at thse sites:
www.nami.org...
www.mentalhealth.samhsa.gov...
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...
www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...

I took a brief look through those sites, they have a lot of documentation regarding mental illness. Again, referring to my experiences in the mental health setting, I didn't notice one gender dominating in terms of numbers.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Alright thanks for the words but I'm asking for facts Sir? It's strange to me how anyone can post seriously negative things especially about people on this planet. And still fall seriously short in my opinion, not showing the facts to support hurtfull claims?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Alright thanks for the words but I'm asking for facts Sir? It's strange to me how anyone can post seriously negative things especially about people on this planet. And still fall seriously short in my opinion, not showing the facts to support hurtfull claims?

Dallas

I'm not making claims or stating false facts about anyone or any particular group of people. All I did was ask a question. For all you know, I could be looking for a way to disprove this theory.

new topics

top topics

join