It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism With A Smile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article i found;

"As I look at America today, I am not afraid to say that I am afraid." -Bertram Gross

No matter how much money George W. Bush allocates or how many great things he says about America in his State of the Union Address, the reality is that this country is in dire straits. And as it now stands, things will only worsen.

Unfortunately, most Americans do not realize the gravity of the problem because they are lost in a haze of drugs, alcohol and entertainment distractions -- numbed to the crumbling foundations beneath their feet. And our leaders are not advancing any real solutions to the disorder that surrounds us.

Such chaos eventually brings change. In the past, it has inevitably included authoritarian government -- which some fear is raising its ugly head in the U.S.

Former NYU professor Leonard Peikoff, for example, has argued that the trends toward authoritarian government of the Nazi kind are too apparent to be ignored. These were set forth in his 1982 book The Ominous Parallels. "The similarities," writes Peikoff, "cannot be shrugged off. America is moving toward a Nazi form of totalitarianism. It has been doing so for decades."

rense.com...

i dont know what to make of this. ive heard for years, that America is becoming a nazi style state, i heard the theories and seen the facts, but could it really happen? im not sure. it seems this has a lot to do with the NWO, creating an American style nazi state to keep all citizens under control of the state.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
People never knew what Hitler was doing till it was too late, if you have control of the Media who will tell them? That's the problem, without a trully free press nobody keeps the public safe. It won't happen for a while, the people in America still have guns but with more and more laws being passed forcing things upon someone it is only a matter of time till one of two things happens:

A) The People over throw the Government
B) Police State

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
A) The People over throw the Government
B) Police State

I cant see the people over throwing the government, the only thing i can see happening is a police state. I think its already set in stone, Americans will accept anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This never really clicked in my head until reading this post, but it seems to me that there are indeed a lot of similarities between the recent political actions of the United States and those of Germany in the 1930s. Like Odium said, the people of Germany didn't really know what was going on, at least not the full extent of it, anyway. There were tons of people who fled Germany before WWII because they didn't like what they saw and where it might lead. As I've mentioned in other posts, the Patriot Act particularly bothers me. (who isn't bothered by it?)

I think in a few years time we will know for certain whether the US is heading down the fascism road. Look for things like constitutional alterations (particularly those reducing freedom) or methods of bypass (again, Patriot Act), Bush finding a way to stay on past 2008 (as currently prohibited by Constitutional Amendment XXII), or more wars.

I am curious about one thing, though. What is the policy of the US if a president's second term expires and they are currently at war? Can the election be legally delayed in any manner? FDR had a third term due to WWII, but that was before the 22nd amendment.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
This never really clicked in my head until reading this post, but it seems to me that there are indeed a lot of similarities between the recent political actions of the United States and those of Germany in the 1930s. Like Odium said, the people of Germany didn't really know what was going on, at least not the full extent of it, anyway. There were tons of people who fled Germany before WWII because they didn't like what they saw and where it might lead. As I've mentioned in other posts, the Patriot Act particularly bothers me. (who isn't bothered by it?)

I think in a few years time we will know for certain whether the US is heading down the fascism road. Look for things like constitutional alterations (particularly those reducing freedom) or methods of bypass (again, Patriot Act), Bush finding a way to stay on past 2008 (as currently prohibited by Constitutional Amendment XXII), or more wars.

I am curious about one thing, though. What is the policy of the US if a president's second term expires and they are currently at war? Can the election be legally delayed in any manner? FDR had a third term due to WWII, but that was before the 22nd amendment.

Actually, he was elected. in 1932, 1936 and again in 1940. America did not enter the war till 1941. It's a common mistake to think that he wasn't elected for a third term, in fact he was elected 4 times into office all of which had a vote. (Even during War). It was the 4th Election which Truman joined him on.

Truman of course bringing in the 22nd Amendment and limtiing it to two terms.

en.wikipedia.org...

So there should be a vote even if at War, even if in a major war but I would place money on Bush and his NeoCon friends saying otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join