It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Test Site Wildfire Today - Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the information guys.
Most of us Nye County Residents are immuned to radio-active smoke.
You did good desert rat.
I just wish 'they' wouldn't hide information tho, don't like waking up dead!

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks like this NTS wild fire is causing all kinds of trouble for Nellis AFB flights:

KLSV NELLIS AFB

L0065/05 - TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS (TFR) !FDC 5/4443 ZLA NV.. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS MESQUITE, NV. EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT WITHIN A 5 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 365525N/1142256W THE MORMON MESA /MMM/ VORTAC 315 DEGREE RADIAL AT 10.5 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 9000 FEET MSL TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING ACFT OPERATIONS. NEVADA BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT 775-289-1925 IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. RENO /RNO/ AFSS 775-784-5048 IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.= THIS TRF ENCOMPASSES SEGMENTS OF VR209, PART OF DESERT MOA, AND/OR RESTRICTED AREA 05 JUN 20:25 UNTIL 05 JUL 20:25

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What's scary is that Yucca Mountain is used to store nuclear waste right? What if that mountain is on fire? Couldn't that possibly cause a natural disaster?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Since earth is a really good insulator, I wouldn't think there is enough heat generated to get into the mountain.

KLAS TV from Vegas was in the area today, I cannot get Vegas TV and I thought there was a streaming newscast, but am unable to locate. Anyone have a clue?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah I emailed KLAS-TV I-team investigator George Knapp this morning and he said he would run with the story. So yeah, KLAS-TV was there today because of me basically. So maybe they made the story today and will air it tomorrow. If you get KLAS-TV channel 8 in Vegas, please share it here ok??????? OK, where's my ATS bonus points? haha! jk!!!

[edit on 6-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 6-6-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe George Knapp was up in Carson City today. He was following that auto license rebate issue the govenor suggested. He'll probably be doing your fires in the next day or so. After they do the story there will be a video link on their site. Links below. I do hope they decide to follow through on this.

www.klas-tv.com...

area51.eyewitnessnews8.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ill have to watch the news tonight in Vegas. I usually watch the 10 and 11 pm evening news and nothing has been mentioned about a fire out there. Of course, there is the possibility that I have missed it.

Im reviewing the LV RJ site so see if there is anything at all about a fire.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
here's my latest:

Yucca Mountain - Nevada Test Site Fire Update
If you get geomac.usgs.gov... data from this on the wildfire, you will see Yucca Mountain has burned over the mountain into the northside and is now consuming the eastern half of Shoshone Mountain. Unknown if any buidings have been impacted or any backfires have been started by firefighters. Wind remains from the south at 12 mph and will switch to the northwest later tonight. Information is scarce due to the top secret location.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"18,900 acres at five percent contained. This fire is at Nellis Air Force Base. Wildlife habitat, cultural sites, and Department of Defense assets are threatened. Extreme fire behavior and high rates of of spread are hampering containment efforts."

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have to go out highway 95 through Indian Springs and into Vegas Thursday. Do you know if there's any problems in that area? I'm taking my camera.
Maybe I'll atleast get some pics of some wild burro's, before I get to 95.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert rat
Since earth is a really good insulator, I wouldn't think there is enough heat generated to get into the mountain...

Correct.

Heat from forest fires does not penetrate into the soil in any significant amount. A few inches to a foot or so at most. More in moist soils than dry soils.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
What's scary is that Yucca Mountain is used to store nuclear waste right? What if that mountain is on fire? Couldn't that possibly cause a natural disaster?

Right you are...
and for many reasons... Yucca mountain is indeed a underground waste storage area, but the reason is due to the many radioactive contamination zones already there...
Almost the entire nevada military range is contaminated... to various levels of danger...
the area around area 51 was uprated with the new policy of burning nuclear waste in ditches like these...
area 51 burning trenches

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
I have to go out highway 95 through Indian Springs and into Vegas Thursday. Do you know if there's any problems in that area? I'm taking my camera.
Maybe I'll atleast get some pics of some wild burro's, before I get to 95.

Too far south, hang a left at 95, go to mile marker 41, and you will see the fire.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Stop and think about it, I've never seen any wild burro's on 95 just north on 160 to the junction.

In this area

question???????

If there are still traces of radio active material on the land couldn't that be carried in the fire?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Too far south, hang a left at 95, go to mile marker 41, and you will see the fire.

If I have the time, I'll check it out thanks desert rat. How far is mile marker 41 after you turn left on 95?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Around 20 miles, i'm heading into Pahrump later for some asthma medicine, the smoke got to me last night.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*THE LOW DOWN ON THIS FIRE*

www.klas-tv.com...

KLAS-TV

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
We lost all of our internet services, including air-internet, cell phones, and long distance for 8-10 hours today. I heard it just effected Nye County. The banks were only allowing you to withdraw $100.00 and Walmart and other stores weren't taking any charge cards! They said something went wrong in California with the phone company.

Hope you get that asthma under control desert rat and the blackout didn't hinder you getting your medicine.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Had a little cloudburst come through a few minutes ago.

Movie and photo:
desertblog.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join