It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: State Department Assists Family of Missing Girl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Very sad if this report is true. My sympathies to her family and all the Aruban people for their time & efforts in the search.

Aruba police official: Suspect confesses to killing missing teen

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This truly is another tragedy of a teenage life taken by another degenerate of society.

And NO-it doesn't matter what color the killer or killers are !

Lets not make this into a racial thing ( EXCUSES-EXCUSES )

And lets not blame it on the way she was acting or dressed that evening !

I was appuald at the racism remarks on this thread ! Sick and disturbing that people still think this way. It's thinking like this that just might have killed her ?

God Bless- I pray for her family and friends through this difficult time of loss.

Truth

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I really don't know what's going on anymore. The local police are contradicting CNN and the AP. They aren't saying anything about a confession. So I don't know where the media got that from.

This whole story is filled with half-truths...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
dang! Just as soon as you posted I was hoping I'd learn something definitive.

This sucks!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The news is reporting now that they are taking the family to Nataliee's body --and that there has been a confession. Looks like the judges son is the main suspect but the Kalpoe brothers are still suspects.

The still haven't said what happened exactly as far as I can tell.

added -- how confusing -- now another new channel is saying they still don't have a body -- What do you believe?? very puzzling --

[edit on 11-6-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yep, the media is screwing up totally over this whole case...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Allright!!! They've freed Maka & Bulo!!! (Those are their nicknames)

www.cnn.com...

Btw... I personally haven't seen it, but I've heard that Bill O'Reilly has spread lots of blatant lies about Aruba. (Slavery for prostitution, big drug base etc...) All blatant lies. More reason to ignore Fox News...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here's another picture blog of one of the three remaining suspects.

www.wawblog.aw...

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thanks for all the updates Bandit.

I'm very skeptical. I have no trouble believing that the kid saw her the night she disappeared, but I have a hard time believing he killed her and hid her body. That's the son of a Dutch finance minister or something, right?

The whole things reeks of knee jerk appeasement for the mother who flew down to 'help out' the investigation.

What sort of help could she possibly provide? Besides getting in the way of local authorities, which I'm sure is a big help for her mental state, but won't do a lick of good in finding her daughter.

My money's on runaway now. I think she pulled a runaway bride.

The only reason this story interested me was the unprecedented response from the feds. They really cranked up and rolled out over this one. You'd think she was the president's daughter.

In any case, thanks Bandit, again, for keeping folks up to date.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've read in a local newspaper today that somebody may have seen Natalee in a neighbourhood called Ponton (not that far away from where I work). The person saw a girl looking like Natalee, so they screamed her named. The girl looked back and then ran away as fast as she could.

But now there's a new report that they may have found her body near the last hotel (Marriott). They're digging there now.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I guess they found nothing in yesterdays search -- have officially called the search off in that particular area. I wonder if they are putting more effort into the news article you saw Bandit where someone saw a person that looked like Natilee ........

edit - should not try to type without enough caffeine in my system.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I doubt it. It seems that they're convinced that she's dead, and that they're not even taking into consideration that she may have run away. It seems to me as if the media wants her dead and won't be satisfied with anything else.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I cannot image what involvement of the US State Dept could possible be of assistance in the search for a missing Alabama teenager.

It smacks of 'just doing something' that accomplishes nothing.

Nothing discussed in this forum can be of comfort to a family in near-mourning for their daughter.

But (with no numbers to back up this statement) there must be thousands of teens that go missing abroad all the time throughout the world. Why the focus on this one?

"This was no boating accident"

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
periwinkle blue-- I think your Visit Aruba and Die was harsh- I know I wouldn't hesitate to go to Aruba at all. Stuff (decided to edit that before I hit send to avoid a mod having to do it
) happens everywhere. Do you think you would be safer in NYC, Washington D.C., Paris, London, Singapore, Sidney --

Aruba is working hard to find Natalee and to find out what happened and are looking for suspects. They are doing what they can. It is hard to know what to do when you don't have a body and don't know what to charge people with or even to charge anyone for anything.

I personally think she is probably dead -- even if it is just a case of when they dropped her off she decided to go for one last swim and drowned because she was alone and bombed (or stoned or tired or all three) or she was murdered or there was some other type of accident. Of course there is still a slim chance she just ran away (not my feeling but it is still a possibility)

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
periwinkle blue,

It would do me real good if you edited out that offensive phrase you posted there. Or I will

Thank you very much.

Your Arubian SuperMod

EDIT: I've removed it.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Bandit -- I forgot all about you being a mod --
I was hoping a mod would edit that out - as I thought it was offensive and not called for too. So if I had hit the gripe button it would have gone to you... I was hoping my post after his might get him to rethink that phrase.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join