It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Angel is ready for human trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION AND VERICHIP CORPORATION ANNOUNCE PLANS TO INITIATE CLINICAL STUDIES OF VERICHIP WITH BIO-THERMO (TEMPERATURE SENSING) CAPABILITIES

SO. ST. PAUL, MN (April 28, 2005)... Digital Angel Corporation (Amex
OC), an advanced technology company in the field of rapid and accurate identification location tracking, and condition monitoring of high-value assets and VeriChip Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Applied Digital (Nasdaq: ADSX) today announced that the companies plan to initiate clinical studies on an enhanced version of its Verichip implantable radio frequency identification device. The enhanced product will include temperature sensing capabilities in addition to its existing identification capabilities. The companies will retain an independent internationally recognized research institute to conduct the trials. Based upon the results of that study, Digital Angel plans to pursue the necessary regulatory procedures to obtain clearance from the Food and Drug Administration to distribute such a transponder in the United States for human use. In October of 2004, Digital Angel received clearance from the Food and Drug Administration to distribute a transponder for patient identification applications.

The Verichip with temperature sensing capabilities will allow a transponder to provide a unique identification code as well as to provide the temperature of the individual. Various potential customers have approached Digital Angel and Verichip about incorporating the temperature sensing capability into the Verichip.

A temperature sensing chip for animals (specifically companion pets) was introduced by Digital Angel under the Bio-Thermo mark in the United Kingdom at the end of 2004. Digital Angel has received the necessary regulatory approvals to market the Bio-Thermo chip for animal applications in the United States and plans to introduce the temperature-sensing chip for animal use in the third quarter of this year. The Bio-Thermo transponder for companion pets has also been introduced in Europe and Japan.

digitalangelcorp.com...

I knew it was only a matter of time. Back in the day, around 1998 I believe it was when Digital Angel first announced plans to introduce it's prototype
subdural microchip for human use they were denied FDA approval for human testing and the device was eventually approved for pet and livestock tracking only. Since then they have grown from a small business venture to a multi-billion dollar publically traded goliath and apparently the time is right to begin using Digital Angel on people and they're getting help from Verichip, the computer software company to implement their little angel...talk about a scary scenario.

Anyway, check out the press release and also note on their home page how they are now in talks with microsoft.

Thoughts..Ideas..? Can we talk!?

Seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is it true that the chip can read your heart rate and tell if you are under the influence of drugs or Alcohol as well as GPS?

Or is that a myth.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
According to Applied Digital Solutions the parent company behind Angel,
the device can track, report and broadcast information on vital signs like blood pressure and pulse along with GPS data and I suppose from that info they could pretty easily determine whether you were under the influence.

Here's another site that is reporting on the devices possible usuage.

www.geek.com...

Seeker

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Do you think it would be mandatory for government agents and officials to begin wearing these chips?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Several years ago I did a bunch of research into the Verichip. I dug around on my computer and here is all my links, documents, etc, that I have pertaining to the subject. I'm not sure if they are all properly credited or not inside, but I think most indicate the website they came from.

Links:

www.edmontonhumanesociety.com...
www.wnd.com...
www.wnd.com...
www.adsx.com...
www.wnd.com...
www.wnd.com...
web.archive.org...://www.digitalangel.net
www.digitalangel.net...
www.adsx.com...
www.space.com...
logistics.about.com...
A collection of various internet articles (multiple articles per doc)

dragonsdemesne.tripod.com...
dragonsdemesne.tripod.com...

Please forgive me for linking some worldnetdaily stuff. When I was doing research on the verichip, I had no idea that most people consider wnd a poor news source. (this was way before my ATS days, even before my lurking days) For the tripod links, for some reason it didn't work for me to click on them directly, but if I cut&pasted them into your browser's address bar, then I could view them properly.

I didn't write any of the articles linked, but I did compile the docs from various sources. I don't seem to have the urls for any of them anymore, but the authors are included, and if you want to find the urls, just cut&paste about 2 sentences from one into google, it will probably come up as the top hit.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
WOW

Thanks for all the links DragonsDemesne.

There is a lot of info there, I think it will take me a while to get through it all.
But it is good to know there is someone out there with there eye one things.

And thanks for the heads up lightseeker.

Thank you again.

switchblade

[edit on 4-6-2005 by switchblade]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Just think, when a child or adult who has been verichipped and then abducted, is found alive instead of dead, because of the chip in them. There will be such a rush of people getting themselves and kids chipped.

I've already, about a year ago, seen a news story of alzheimers patients being chipped at that time.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The heart rate and temperature monitoring also means that "they" would also be able to instantly tell if the chip had been disabled or removed. Combine that with GPS and there's no escaping Big Brother.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

They know when you are sleeping
They know when you're awake..
They know when you've been good or bad
So be good for goodness sake...

Oh...
You better watch out
You better not try
You better not run
I'm tellin you why...