It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Square Horror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Anybody heard of this one? I read about it long ago in a book on ghost and kind of though it a work of fiction. Since then I've seen it several times but the details never agree, I even saw it in a book about Cryptids with speculation that its some kind of beast. The one link states that Price investigated the story so that lends some credence to it. If anyone knows the area I would be interested to know if the site still exist.

www.ghost-story.co.uk...

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 3-6-2005 by DB Cooper]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
50 Berkley Square, London is something I first read about as a child, and it remains one of my 'favourite' paranormal accounts that I like to read about to find more about it.

What is said to be the spirit that haunts there (described as huge, white with enormous claws) is that of a man who was said to be mentally deranged and possibly physically disfigured. His sister/family from accounts I have read, kept him in a room upstairs and only fed him through a hole in the door, because the sister/family lived in fear of him.

Then of course, years after, a new family moved in, with the famous cases of the 'Ghost hunter' with the bell, the unfortunate chambermaid, and of course, the two sailors.

Deaths have been abundant.

It still stands to this day, and I have passed it on the bus occasionly when I am in London. It is in the hands of a firm who are accountants or something along those lines, and they keep many books in the loft. I saw a documentary on it a couple of years ago, and people who work there often claim to see a huge shadowy fingure, or a huge 'brown stain' moving through the building.

[edit on 4-6-2005 by Regensturm]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This history makes me think of the novel of Stephen King Rose Red

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In a way, yes.

The history of Berkely Square predates Stephen King's 'Rose Red'.

Maybe he looks at these stories for inspiration from time to time.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
In a way, yes.

He maybe a member of ATS!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89

Originally posted by Regensturm
In a way, yes.

He maybe a member of ATS!

I doubt it, but he is a Mainer!

top topics

join