It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does makeup make girls sexy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Okay, I originally wanted to name this thread: Why do women wear makeup. I can only imagine the posts I'd get from that.

"Uh...it makes them sexy...DUHH!!"

Repeat that about a Billion times and you'll see my point.

That being the case, I decided to name it: Why does makeup make women sexy? That makes it a little more thought provoking, unless you want to answer, "because men like it...DUHH!!"

Now, to the subject. I DO have my theory.

During ovalation, there are a number of symtoms you'll notice in the women you can catch that ARN'T wearing makeup. Here they are:

Cheeks blush

Lips redden

face becomes somewhat "shadowy". (Not nessessarily gaunt...you know what I mean, I hope.)

Eyes darken, develop shadows

I won't go into the aroma aspects of ovalation, although I have NO DOUBT that this is why women also wear perfume. That being, to mock the aromatic signals of ovalation. The man sees and smells these "signals", is fooled into believing THIS is the woman to mate with, being so ripe, and goes for it.

Here's the clincher (and probably a pretty good reason to rename this thread AGAIN!) ALL taken into account, can these signals be induced by having women take a pill that fools the body into THINKING it's ovalating??

Does this pill ALREADY exist?

Is there a pharmacist in the house??

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Okay, (..........................)

I won't go into the aroma aspects of ovalation, although I have NO DOUBT that this is why women also wear perfume.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Toelint]

yep...... makeup makes me 'interested' to find out more about HER

if anything, makeup is a mask, and that is/was the main intention

~weaving a 'spell' of fantasy~
& there's a whole spectrum of 'spells' the 'enchantress' may present,
depending on her desired 'quarry' (at that time)

In the goddesses arsenal, is the 'phermone' arrow, you allude to.

however, until the last 100 years or so, as western civilization advanced
those perfumes were only for the elites....the rabble had to use the
Toilet Water stuff (today called 'product')...mostly to hide the offensive BO

thanks for the reality check Toelint

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I tuly HATE having to 'paint' my face.

I only do it when I am feeling yucky ablut myself and could use a boost.
.....OR, if I am being taken out somewhere nice......

Does'nt mean I have ever LIKED doing it. It just seems so....EXPECTED....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't like the way makeup looks, and I've never met a fellow man who disagreed with me.

I think makeup is a two part equation, part scam, part dream.

Many women want to be sexier, for obvious reasons. That's the dream.

The companies make women believe that by using these products, they can be sexier, that's the scam.

Same goes for perfume, clothing, yadda yadda. This applies to men and women alike. The need is there in our psychology, and the companies exploit that need for their benefit.

Red lips are enticing for another reason..but it might not be appropriate to talk about that reason here, at least not in detal. Sufficed to say it's an old piece of arousal software that has trouble telling the difference between lips and other organs...

Yes, ovulation does present outward signs, but they are very subtle..so subtle in fact, most men will never consciously perceive them. However, it's probable that many men recognize those signs unconciously and act accordingly without ever knowing how they knew. You know?

Anyway, makeup is poisonous, why would anyone want to smear that stuff on their face? Many if not most lipsticks contain phthalates, chemicals which have been observed shrinking the testes and impairing the male offspring of women exposed to them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I said, I'm personally uninterested in women who don't like their face, their smell, or any other natural aspect. If they don't like it, how can they expect me to?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Women wear makeup to attract males, like wearing revealing clothing , its the way the human species survives , attracting mates to make babies.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A lot of the make-up application done today is to highlight some features and draw attention away from others. By coloring your eyes and lips, the eyes are drawn there instead of, say, that blackhead on the tip of your nose.

The other cases, the makeup is essensially dictated by the media and fashion designers. They make up someone, and that style (like the eye liner going past the eyelash down slightly from the eye -- Egyptian style) is appealing due to the culture.

Personally, I'm most attracted to a natural look. No makeup, or if it is there, I can't tell. I've known fellahs who have felt differently, and are attracted to those foundation faces. I just happen to really appreciate a woman who doesn't wear make up. Put me in front of a crowd of beautiful women (or otherwise), and my eye will almost always rest on the one with the least or no amount of make up, assuming they're what I would consider attractive, which opens a whole new ballgame, since I've discovered I'm attracted to women the rest of society thinks look strange

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
to cover up marks or anything scary looking on their face

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hmm maybe this will answer your question
www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
make up doesnt maek me sexy it makes me ITCHY ...cant stand that stuff... gives me pimples and teary eyes even the anti-alergic ones... nd it is SURE that if i put mascara on my eyes ill have to go and scratch ...FOR SURE ... so no make -up for this gal ...just a simple moisturizing ...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm not a big fan of makeup on women. I agree with a poster above who said that they will actually be more attracted to women who don't wear makeup. I prefer the natural look in women.

However, sometimes makeup can look nice, depending on the clothing worn, and the occasion. A woman dressed in gym attire but with makeup heavily appliied is just weird. But out at night wearing an evening dress can make a woman look stunning with the right application of makeup.

But when applied, the important thing with makeup (as with any jewelery or other thing designed to make a woman more attractive) is SUBTLETY. There is nothing more gross than seeing a woman who looks like she applies her makeup with a spatula. Makeup should be applied in such a way that you don't notice it's there. I like the natural look, and looking like you got blue paint on your eyelids and you've been punched in the cheek just ain't natural.

In my view, this girl is stunning after applying her makeup. A very natural application, and the colors she used are close to her natural skin tone:

This lady, however, looked better before she applied the makeup, and she has only succeeded in making herself look like a transvestite:

This girl has gone a little over the top, and combined with the unnatural looking curls, she ends up looking a bit too plastic and doll-like.

Similarly piercings can be sexy, but go overboard and you start looking like a freak.

The Darwinian, seeking an ovulating mate theory explains why makeup makes women attractive to a certain extent, but there are other cultures where women's "adornments" are different, such as neck rings and plates in the earlobes. These do not emulate ovulation at all, but are deemed attractive in those societies. So maybe the ovulation thing is merely coincidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sometimes people mistake status for attractiveness. especially that neck ring examples... maybe we shoulod also metion people who put coins in thier ear lobes, or hockey pucks in thier mouth.

The simple matter is, makeup is used to remove/hide any blemishes and make the person appear more "perfect" thus genetically superior, and more attractive as a person to share your genes with.

unattractive people often get ignored or treated with hostilety because they do not "measure up"

affluant familes can afford makeup to hide inperfections or have surgery. while the poor often have to make do with whatever they can find or sometimes "more of the same"

thus 90% of the time when anyone tries to pick-up someone or flirt the out come is allready decided on your looks

WHICH SUCKS!

no one can truely understand how painful it is when the other person looks and laughs at you.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There is nothing more sexy than smearing scented colored distilled animal fats and greases on your face.

new topics

top topics

join