It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Google is anti-Bush? or simply just right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you enter "failure" into the popular Google search engine, the results will feature the Biography of the president from the official White House web site!

No joke about it, give it a try if you don't believe me.

So what's the deal? Is Google anti-Bush or simply providing the most accurate result if you query the word failure?

[edit on 3-6-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Same Thing happens with Yahoo Search...

Probably the whole world is against him

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That is funny.

I have seen them do similiar things in the past. Just to note, in second place on the listings is Michael Moore's Website. Thanks for the find, I needed a laugh today.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its not that Google is anti-Bush, it was just a successful Googlebomb effort.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another successful Googlebomb:
French Military Victories returns a fake Google page that redirects you to search "French Military Defeats."

[edit on 3-6-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This ones my favorite.

www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
e that redirects you to search "French Military Defeats."

[edit on 3-6-2005 by invader_chris]

God, youd be there all day!!!

That failure thing is a bloody classic though, I wonder if you put in some number of profanities it comes up with a big picture of the sad mans little face.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, according to this article Google should be considered more of a Patriot in it's acts. Keep in mind Google's 'supercomputer'/linux server farm is comprised of over 700 server racks, 126,000 processors, 253,000 GHz of processing power, 63,000 computers,
126,000 gigabytes of RAM, and more than 5,000 terabytes of hard drive space making it probably the most formidible magnifying glass a spooky Sherlock could ever dream of.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned but not only can you search "failure" and find the listings, if you type in "failure" and press "I'm feeling Lucky" it will send you DIRECTLY to Biography of George Dubya

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Tricks like that are called googlebombs, among others. Lots of different names and variations of the same thing. Any two people with their own websites can create the same thing for any topic. It highlights the flaws in the google search algorithm. Everyone here agrees google is a way overrated search engine anyway.

join