It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Gleason saw aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was enjoying this month's Modern Drunkard Monthly and read about Jackie Gleason's rise to fame. Towards the end of the article, he was telling about his alien encounter. Below is the clipped piece and the link to the article. It was pretty cool that he got to see something like that.

Jackie Gleason

When he (Jackie Gleason) found he couldn’t drink all his money, he started spending small fortunes on explorations of occultism and UFOs, two fields that had long fascinated him. His recently acquired insomnia allowed him to devour hundreds of books speculating about strange, unexplained phenomena and aliens plotting amongst humanity. He loved to argue the subjects and during one knock-down drag-out debate with a newspaper columnist at Toots Shor’s, he received an unexpected affirmation of his beliefs. Gleason assured the columnist that UFOs had been seen by both sides during World War II, and that four Presidents had told him they were real. The columnist scoffed until General R. O’Donnell, the head of the Strategic Air Force Command, overheard the two arguing, walked up, whispered, ‘Jackie’s right,” then walked away.

Gleason’s second wife, Beverly McKittrick, claimed Jackie was given an even grander affirmation by President Richard Nixon, Jackie’s frequent golfing partner. According to her, Nixon ditched his Secret Service entourage, picked up Jackie and drove him to a heavily guarded compound at the Homestead Air Force Base in Florida. There he showed Jackie the wreckage of a crashed alien spaceship and the frozen bodies of dead extraterrestrials. Beverly claimed the event heavily traumatized Jackie—he couldn’t sleep for weeks and had to double his usual intake of alcohol just to get back to normal.

Not that Jackie needed a glimpse of dead aliens to give him a reason to drink. He had a lifelong habit of drinking heaviest while working and in 1958 he went back to prime-time, repeatedly switching networks and signing ever larger deals. Ever fearful of creeping ennui, he experimented with a variety of formats including: a game show (You’re in the Picture, 1961) so bad he went on air to apologize for it; a brilliant one-on-one talk show (The Jackie Gleason Show, 1961) and a satirical comedy program (Jackie Gleason’s American Scene Magazine, 1962-66).

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've heard Gleason's claims before, but I can't find that very credible...

Available evidence suggests Nixon was not privy to the UFO secret. Also, Homestead would be a pretty poor choice...(can't exactly go underground in FL, hehe....unless you want to wear a SCUBA suit) for a secret alien lab... The AF personnel I've known from Homestead certainly have NO idea of such a facility there (then I guess they wouldn't), but still seems a poor choice....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Gleason’s second wife, Beverly McKittrick, claimed Jackie was given an even grander affirmation by President Richard Nixon, Jackie’s frequent golfing partner. According to her, Nixon ditched his Secret Service entourage, picked up Jackie and drove him to a heavily guarded compound at the Homestead Air Force Base in Florida. There he showed Jackie the wreckage of a crashed alien spaceship and the frozen bodies of dead extraterrestrials.

Interesting story.

I wonder if these were these were the Roswell aliens.

If Joseph Gutheinz's story is to be believed, apparently the bodies eventually worked their way from Wright-Patterson AFB to the Johnson Space Center in Florida.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You can read the story here

www.qtm.net...

That guy drank alot in his day though.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I found the article interesting and the alien twist was pleasent.
Kinda funny to find conspiracies in the mundane parts of life.

take it for what it's worth

top topics

join