It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Be Gay, Ashamed To Be Straight

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
how about we ban celebration of any kind? then every one would be truly equal. and have no rights at all

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
how about we ban celebration of any kind? then every one would be truly equal. and have no rights at all

Hello Communism! (At least the theory of, if not in actual practice)

I like your signature tho, good stuff...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I really do not care what your sexual orientation is. Everyone....EVERYONE should be treated as you would want yourself treated. The pitty is that this has gone to far.........No more Christmas..........Its Happy Hollidays'.

What would happen if I started the National Association for The Advancement of White People? The NAAWP. Its ridiculous. I went to Florida State and the great folks at the NCAA thought it was a great idea to take away Oceola and the Seminoles............Never mind that the Seminoles gave permission to use the name and Chief Oceola.

This political pc bull # is going to hurt our country.

Why march in a gay parade?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot

This political pc bull # is going to hurt our country.

Why march in a gay parade?

Because it wouldn't be necessary if gays were afforded the same rights as heterosexuals...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What about Columbus Day or Saint Patrick's day Parades?

Are they also "pc bull#"? Are they "white pride" events?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
What about Columbus Day or Saint Patrick's day Parades?

Are they also "pc bull#"? Are they "white pride" events?

Well, lets talk national holidays. The only holiday recognized officially by my state that directly recognizes a single person is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. President's day is no longer recognized and niether is Christmas.

The other holidays; Independance Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and New Years are in rememberance of a date of an event pertaining to our country as a whole.

BTW, I honor a respect MLK day but to suggest there are no events or holidays which represent minorities in race or sexuallity is proposterous when the only holiday we have related to a single person or the topic of race is Black and his agenda, although a valiant one, was his race.

Personally, I don't see the need for anyone to self-identify using their sexual preference as a cheif demoninator. I mean, I certainly have met homosexuals whom never name sexuallity in the work place because it does not relate to thier jobs nor does it ever fit in polite conversation. Why must we have those who attempt to build their whole self-image around which gender they prefer? Most straight males, though certainly sexual thinkers tend to indentify themselves with their acheivments or religions rather than something as un-important as fornication.

Why must we need a celebration for either gay or straight sexes? What are we celebrating? Our success at being able to do something man has taken for second nature since the beginning of time. Its stupid on both accounts. Leave sex at home and between you and the hopefully consenting adult you are doing it with. The rest of us don't need to know to identify you in society and we don't need to forcefully be made to subscribe to some political or religious agenda on either account to accept you. Enough already.

On the whole concept of marriage my opinion is this. No legal marriages for anybody recognized by the state. Marraige needs to be a purely religious committment based on your personal religious beliefs. Many people male and female use that marraige license as legal ownership papers of another human and thats wrong. Divorce should not have to be an agreeable option and niether should it require those scumbag lawyers. If someone want divorce, the state's only intervention should be the division of property in a civil matter and responsibility to any children.
So, yeah if we heteros are going to have endure the legality of marriage, homos should as well. Come on in, the water is scalding!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If homosexuals want to live their lifestyle, that's thei business, but they can leave the sanctity of marriage alone. It's the same with atheists wanting to join Christian groups. Find your own groups, that's cool. Just leave ours alone. I am a heterosexual male. I am engaged to a wonderful WOMAN. Marriage has been a sacred bond between a man and a woman since the beginning of our stay on this planet. If you wish to be perverse, so be it, that is your right. I do have the right to not know about it though. Homosexuals make up roughly 6 percent of the population of the planet, and they scream that we should accept their lifestyle. NO WE DO NOT!!!!!! The other 94% of the planet does not have to accept anything, so just quite your whining. According to most laws still on the books, homosexuality is still illegal in itself. In order for two men to have sex they have to have anal sex or oral sex. Anal sex is considered SODOMY,,,, illegal. How can an you piss and moan to get rights while breaking the laws of God and Man?
It is normal human nature to have attraction towards the opposite sex. That is how babies are made. Humans are the only species on the planet that has sex for entertainment. Given that sex is designed for procreation, then the concept of homosexuality is perverse and wrong and something is missing there.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

According to most laws still on the books, homosexuality is still illegal in itself. In order for two men to have sex they have to have anal sex or oral sex. Anal sex is considered SODOMY,,,, illegal.

The Supreme Court struck the sodomy laws off the books a few years ago.
Look it up. Nowhere in the US are sodomy laws still in effect.

Astrocreep,

I tend to agree with the substance of your post.
Excessive identification based on one's sexuality is a little silly.

On the other hand, it's pretty clearly a reaction to repression.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Supreme overturned the Sodomy laws in 2003 and it is still in the appeals process. There are still states that prohibit it, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. It is still illegal in the United States Military as well.
The Websters dictionary still defines Sodomy as

Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.

Anal sex is VERY unnatural for anyone, male or female. Any doctor will tell you how dangerous anal sex is for both partners. There is no legitimate way to rationalize Homosexuality period. If you want to have homosexual sex, whatever, if you want to screw a goat, whatever, that doesn't make it right.
Oh, by the way, if bestiality is part of sodomy, then does that make it right too?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
If homosexuals want to live their lifestyle, that's thei business, but they can leave the sanctity of marriage alone...Marriage has been a sacred bond between a man and a woman since the beginning of our stay on this planet. If you wish to be perverse, so be it, that is your right. I do have the right to not know about it though.

Ah, yes, the old "sanctity of marriage" line. Wake up, man; marriage lost its sanctity a long time ago. Between the 50% divorce rate and celebrity marriages, there is nothing "sacred" about marriage anymore.

Anal sex is considered SODOMY,,,, illegal. How can an you piss and moan to get rights while breaking the laws of God and Man?

So, who's going to enforce this law? Are cops going to bust in gay people's houses to try and catch them in the act? I think you'd best hope for God to smite them in the act.
As for oral sex, I'm SURE you're aware how many heterosexuals engage in this activity, right?

Humans are the only species on the planet that has sex for entertainment. Given that sex is designed for procreation, then the concept of homosexuality is perverse and wrong and something is missing there.

Not true. Bonobos have more sex than people
, and male dolphins will try to have sex with female humans!

If it's all about procreation, I'm sure the only time you have sex is when you want to make a baby.

Rhetorical question, you don't have to answer that...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dolphins and humans huh? HHHMMMM it has been proven that if an animal attempts a sexual act on an animal outside it's species it is a show of dominance not procreation.
Homosexuality is purely sexual. Two men can live together and not be gay. They become gay when sex is added to the equation.
Heterosexuals have anal sex as well, that doesn't make it right.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Dolphins and humans huh? HHHMMMM it has been proven that if an animal attempts a sexual act on an animal outside it's species it is a show of dominance not procreation.
Homosexuality is purely sexual. Two men can live together and not be gay. They become gay when sex is added to the equation.
Heterosexuals have anal sex as well, that doesn't make it right.

Then surely you can cite said studies that "proves" this is true. And, you said "sex for entertainment," NOT "sex for procreation."

And, homosexuality is NOT purely sexual. You attempt to portray gays as sex-crazed animals. It is a lifestyle as well.

Why are you so concerned with a man sticking his wang in another man's butt? Or a man sticking his wang in a woman's butt? We weren't given manuals with our sex organs, so how can you say "this shouldn't be put there?"

AND, why have you now digressed from oral sex?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am not concerned,,,, this is a site for debate. That's what I'm doing here. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is their business, homo or hetero. The point I'm trying to get across is don't make your sexuality public. Pack all the fudge ya want, just don't air it publicly. I have a few friends that are gay. I don't treat them any differently than I do any of my other friends. We just do not discuss the sexual aspects of our relationships.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am not concerned,,,, this is a site for debate. That's what I'm doing here. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is their business, homo or hetero. The point I'm trying to get across is don't make your sexuality public. Pack all the fudge ya want, just don't air it publicly. I have a few friends that are gay. I don't treat them any differently than I do any of my other friends. We just do not discuss the sexual aspects of our relationships.

- at the fudge packing.

You say you don't care what people do, yet you made a HUGE deal about anal/oral sex. What is it, man?

As far as I'm concerned, gays do not make a big deal out of plugging other guys. They make a big deal out of their lifestyle, which to me seems to be acting/talking girlish, wearing bright colors (face it, only pimps and gays can wear pink
), and fighting to be recognized as a legitimate segment of American society.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Why does their fight for individuality have to be sexual at all?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Why does their fight for individuality have to be sexual at all?

The only thing sexual about it is that they are homosexuals. They are not fighting for the right to have sex with each other; THEY OBVIOUSLY ALREADY DO. They're fighting for the right to be recognized, and not stigmatized, in society.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They can fight all they want, that doesn't make em right. Homosexuality has been considered perverse for thousands of years and are you telling me that now we have become so enlightened that it is no longer perverse? How arragant is that? Billions upon billions throughout history have been wrong? Don't even get me started quoting the Bible. But of course I'm not too sure that a God fearing man or woman would trust and believe in God and still support homosexuality.
Hate not the sinner, hate the sin.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

They can fight all they want, that doesn't make em right. Homosexuality has been considered perverse for thousands of years

yet it's been seen as acceptable for just as long...
also, it occurs regularly in nature
there are instances of many different species of animals displaying homosexual acts
the most recent is a pair of snowy owls in england

and are you telling me that now we have become so enlightened that it is no longer perverse? How arragant is that? Billions upon billions throughout history have been wrong?

here's the thing about that
just because a lot of people believe something, doesn't mean it's true

Don't even get me started quoting the Bible. But of course I'm not too sure that a God fearing man or woman would trust and believe in God and still support homosexuality.
Hate not the sinner, hate the sin.

if you're an american, i'm sure you've heard of the first amendment and the seperation of church and state
your religion and its deity has absolutely no say in american politics

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
And your warped views of right and wrong have no place in a decent society. God destroyed the Earth before for perverse behavior such as this. Do you honestly have an opinion on here about anything or are you just here to attack Christian viewpoints? You are not correct about homosexual behavior in the wild. You prove it to me that any animal besides a human has homosexual sex just for the thrill of it and I'll back off. Point is it just aint so.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

yet it's been seen as acceptable for just as long...
also, it occurs regularly in nature
there are instances of many different species of animals displaying homosexual acts
the most recent is a pair of snowy owls in england

Well tell the whole truth... animals do that until they realize their mistake and find another mate. Most news outlets use this to justify
homosexuality in "nature" and dont mentiont he part where they go to find another mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join