It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is this Maitreya????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
has this guy ever done the miracles that im reading or is it bull

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Maybe you could do a search and provide us with a little more info on this man,

Thanks Asala

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well there is supposed to be a 'maitreya' though his name is displayed differantly in sanscript and vedic so a slight variation may occur. He is meant to be the next incarnated Buddha not the reincarnation of the last Buddha Prince Siddhartha but a differant lineage going back to the dawns of Indian history and religion, first spawned on the upper river ganges in India and its flood plains further down.

If there is meant to be someone calling themselves the 'Maitreya' I would be wary as even the last incarnated Buddha advised his disciples
"dont accept what I say just becuse I say it" (also translated in some texts as "dont trust what I say etc. ----- Test it like you would a peice of gold, and if you find it in your experiance to be the truth, have faith in it then from your own experiance"

obviouslly 2500 years many writers and translations like the bible have changed the exact message but I think you get the meaning?

I havent heard of any such prophet/reincarnation currently please provide some links or information.

MischeviouslySpiritual

[edit on 3-6-2005 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
See if any of these threads help. There are a couple with almost the exact same name.

Maitreya. Who Is This Man ?

who is maitreya?

Maitreya, the World Teacher - or anti-Christ?

maitreya is the antichrist

[edit on 3-6-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thank you Dbates... lots to read there very interesting.

MischeviouslyReading

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
KLSyesca
Well havnt come to a opinion yet on this guy..... but my gut instinct is that he is just a geniune spiritual leader or cultist...one of the two.

The organisation does not seem to be making profits from its members. they seem convinced and genuine.

I find the supposed "Miracles and signs" not very convincing at the moment.
especially the supposed 'stopping of apperances and manifestations" for all of 2005.... a bit like Yahwey and his 45 day thing...

Though as I said I advise you to read a lot more about him before making a true stance.

The links were great.

GoodLuck

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maitreya doesn't exhist.

He is a made up character in Benjamin Creme's mind. Creme
'channels' the guy and sells the tapes of what was 'said'.

He has supposedly been going to show himself 'soon' for at
least 15 years now.

"Maitreya' is just a money making scheme and he doesn't exhist.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I kind of agree with Flyers, there... Craeme has made a lot of money and mileage off this and the Maritreya guy is conspicuous by his absence. He's supposedly been going to appear (miraculously) on television, interrupting regular broadcasts with his miraculous message, but the announced dates have come and gone and come and gone and come... and gone.

Like many of these prophets, the message he spouts is not terribly original (essentially watered-down philosophy of the past 100 years or so) and is combined with a "believe in me and follow me and by the way give me money" aspect as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
My thread about Maitreya and his part in the new world......

I've researched this subject extensively and believe it is a piece of the puzzle along with ancient extraterrestrials, the ET influence within religions, the plan for a new world order etc...the thread I've linked you to began late last year and was a very rough draft of what I put together. If you take the time to read through the thread and the links there is alot to chew on

In short I believe:

- Man was created by beings not from this world

- These beings , when they left Earth, handed "kingship" of earth over to a select bloodline who still "rule" to this day but the real overseers of this planet are the "creators".

- They helped influence the creation of all major world religions, dividing man through such a variety of belief systems so that man was spiritually and psychologically fractured, rendered vulnerable and pliable. Each world religion spoke of the return of their "saviour" who would come to heal the world

- Share International focuses alot on the arrival of ETs who will come to help heal the world. The head honcho is Maitreya, who will be followed by various other "ascended masters". Many of us realize the world is being prepared for disclosure .

- Maitreya is the "saviour", or rather all saviours rolled into one. If you can accept ETs created us, helped instigate world religions and so forth you will realize that he is not the antichrist but the "saviour" all religions have awaited. Problem is that this being and all who will follow are NOT good guys although they appear as such. These are the masters of the Illuminati, the bloodline they put in charge of Earth millenia ago. They are the overseers of the Matrix on Earth AND the Astral Matrix
we go to when we cross over

-Maitreya and these beings are readying the world for the ushering in of new global "spirituality" that has at its core the concept of reincarnation

- Reincarnation is real, but it is merely a way to keep human souls imprisoned in the life-death wheel for without our energy these overseers have no power. The Ascended Masters and the reincarnation system is hierarchical and humans are conditioned to accept they might have to return here millions of times before "earning" the right to merge with the source/God

- I theorize that the whole ascension concept is an opportunity for souls to see the truth and escape the astral matrix/reincarnation wheel before it is too late and their souls become trapped for endless cycles, possibly for all eternity

- It is my opinion these beings will in some manner eventually brainwash and mentally control humankind and once those minds are ensnared fully there is little hope for them ever waking up again. They may never escape the astral matrix , their souls doomed to remain forever trapped in the deliberately designed astral matrix which serves as a manufacturing / food supply (energy) for the "masters"

- Those who do ascend can band together and create new worlds, new universes, freed from the Earth and Astral Matrixes

I am not expecting you to agree with me, these are just my own conclusions . Read the thread for more ruminations.........

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Maitreya has esoteric meaning(some occultists say that Samael Aun Weor is an incarnation of Maitreya); however in historical context, Maitreya is a deity of Mahayana Buddhism originating in Iran:

Vajranatha: Dakinis

And according to Etienne Lamotte, the other core region for the development of Mahayana Buddhism was the northwest, in what is today Pakistan and Afghanistan, were the original Indian Buddhism came into an interface with Iranian culture, and even with the Greeks in Gandhara and Bactria. It was Greek Buddhists in Afghanistan who, before the time of Christ, produced the first images of the Buddha, based on the icon of the Greek god Apollo. Figures of Iranian inspiration also appeared in Mahayana scriptures and art, such as the future Buddha Maitreya, who is based on the Iranian savior god Mithra, and the Buddha Amitabha in his western paradise of Sukhavati, who appears to be similar to the Iranian high god Ahura Mazda. According to the Chinese pilgrims who visited India in 5th-7th centuries, the Buddhist monasteries in north-central India were still largely Hinayana in outlook. Mahayana was strongest on the periphery, in the south and in the northwest.

Although that part about the Greek images of the Buddha being the first, I don't necessarily agree with.

There are very ancient pre-Siddhartha Gautama(Shakyamuni) images of Buddhas found all over the world, according to Godfrey Higgins and others. These said pre-Sakyamuni(Siddhartha Gautama probably having been a Caucasian-Asiatic) depictions of Buddhas are clearly of Merotic Black-Asiatic origin(while some may be Nilotic as well).

Perhaps Vajranatha is referring to images of Apollo which may be based on much older Khemetian and/or Phoenician deities(see: Sanchoniatho, Sanchoniathon, Sanchuniathon)?

Anyhow, Buddhism is much older than Sakyamuni Buddhism, and even Brahmanism. There are even post-Siddhartha Gautama Sutras that state this, such as the Diamond Sutra I believe.

Lama Zopa is also the director of the modern "Maitreya Project".

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KLSyesca

Why are their (2) Maitreya's?!
We have the main one,on the share international website,represented by Benjamin Creme.
And another,on the Maitreya.org.website.
They obviously both can't be the messiah.

new topics

top topics

join