It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: North Korea Says US Stealth Bomber Move Signals Nuclear War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well that's solid info. Thanks Gman.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How can anyone faul the US or the Bush Administration here? This all goes back to North Korea breaking the 1994 treaty signed declaring they would not produce nuclear weapons. North Korea is the most hostile and unpredictable regime in the world, and I'm glad that we are moving a couple dozen stealth fighters into the area. If we really wanted to provoke North Korea, there's a million better ways than shipping 15 fighter/bombers to South Korea.

I'm getting fed up with all the sissy liberals who are always afraid of confronting evil where evil exists. "Don't be mean to Kim Jong Ill, he might do something bad!" Gimme a break, would yas?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I'm getting fed up with all the sissy liberals who are always afraid of confronting evil where evil exists. "Don't be mean to Kim Jong Ill, he might do something bad!" Gimme a break, would yas?

Rasputin, are you signed up in the US or NK military?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Rasputin, are you signed up in the US or NK military?

Even if Rasputin isn't in the the U.S. military, there are plenty of others like my son who voluntarily signed up to guarantee your right to think and say whatever you want - even if it doesn't make much sense.

[edit on 6/3/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
unless you really look back at history. See players of the past in this endless game I think its sometimes easy to miss the wild card in this whole brinkmanship .... China

it could never realistically be just about NKorea against Skorea and USA & Allies.... in todays world with US jets doing bombing runs on their border at high speed All it would take is some military mistake by either US/Coalition or Chinese to spiral a bit quickly.... as you know a war would be going on there already!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
N.K Plays with Fire!
The U.S.A has the capability to destory N.K in amatter of days without the use of Nuclear/Weapons using State Of The Art Military Tactics and Weaponary disabling there attacks as much as 65-70% destroying "High Priority Targets" Communications,Supplylines,HQ's Ect. and even trying to takeout Kim Jong himself which would cripple his Army's Will Power to fight.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Jamie6661986]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't see it as a big deal - just a friendly reminder to NK
I'm sure Bush & Co are resigned to solving this through diplomacy, but with diplomacy you need the threat of force behind it - and what better show of force than a few stealth fighters sitting on your doorstep. It doesn't mean we're going to attack at all - it's just classic strongarm tactics.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I dont think the U.S. would have the guts to bomb a country that can bomb them back!!!! THe U.S. only fights wars against weak third world opponents.... one mans terrorist is another mans freedomfighter....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
IMO reports like these are meant to keep Americans in a constant state of fear. Draw your own conclusions from that statement, but I believe that somewhere down the line it will end up with the American people giving even more power to their government while continuing to sacrifice more of their own liberties.

There's no way in hell that North Korea's missles even make it off the ground unless someone on the other side wants it that way. Bank on it!!!

Well, your opinion is wrong buddy, it is actually an allegation you cannot corroborate.

Here is a link with some information on the NK missile program, in case you want to learn how wrong you are.

You can "bank on it!!"

www.nti.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How much longer can the US continue to provoke North Korea before Kim Jung Il decides to commit his country to a nuclear exchange with the US?

For however long it takes the Koreans to engineer a nuke small enough to fit on their missiles, only 5 of which can even reach the United States according to estimates at GlobalSecurity.org.
Besides that, there is really not rhyme or reason to a first strike. The most certain way for the little dictator to get nuked is to launch one first, and how could he fail to know this? The Alpha and Omega of North Korean security has to be developing and protecting their deterrent so that it can deter us. If you launch your deterrent you lose it.

Nuclear war is almost certainly not in the cards, unless somebody makes the mistake of trying a conventional war with the belief that it need not escalate further. That would be a mistake. There is a good reason why two nuclear nations have never fought a war.

I don't know about others but as for myself, this is scary stuff! I resent both the powers that be in Washington and the crazy leaders of N Korea playing nuclear one-ups-manship with the stakes being the possible destruction of the civilized world.

If it makes you feel any better, the stakes are mainly Japan and the Koreas. It would still be quite possibly the largest single loss of life in human history, so it probably shouldn't make you feel any better. At the end of the day though, Kim is making the Cuban Missile Crisis mistake. He is on the brink of starting a war with us in his attempt to keep us from doing something we never intended to do anyway. In my humble opinion, the primary fault for this situation rests with him.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
KLSyesca, do you remember ww2?

Some people say mad kept the us and russia from a nuclear war but there were i believe 3 times that we came very close to all out nuclear war. Even though countries have nukes for a deterant does not mean that they will not use them. They might use them if they think they will lose them in a pre-emptive strike.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by cryptorsa1001]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Does North Korea really think that the U.S. will start throwing nukes around willy nilly? Not even Bush would think that is a good idea, and the American public would never stand for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
God almighty what a thread. Nothing but scared individuals prattling on about how tough they are.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
The war never ended, technically.

Was the Korean "War" actually even a declared war to begin with, or was it just an intervention like Vietnam?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i didn't hear about this on the new. thanks lightseeker

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
God almighty what a thread. Nothing but scared individuals prattling on about how tough they are.

Wow, the opinion of another liberal trying to claim they can save the world with flowers and hugs, and at the same time not offering anything constructive to the thread....typical.

Hey subz, if it had been me writing what you just wrote above, you would have once more claimed that I was insulting people around here...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The NK government, Kim, is crazy, he has been shooting missiles over Japan and he claims that the US sending aircraft over to south Korea is a declaration of war....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Kim is definitly nuts. He says trade sanctions are an act of war. IMO hes looking for a war with the US.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Even if Rasputin isn't in the the U.S. military, there are plenty of others like my son who voluntarily signed up to guarantee your right to think and say whatever you want - even if it doesn't make much sense.

HAHAHAHA What a fool!!

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Naah, they are propably just testing eachother... It should take a lot of guts to fire a nuke... And only the americans have had it so far...

(Hopefully it stays that way...)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join