It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS users IP addresses?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by SportyMB
Does this member from another forum have any proof? or just his word in 1's and 0's?

After WITD had enthralled us all with his cryptic spook-speak, the feds paid ATS a visit. So I've been told.

They really did? I mean they really knocked on SO or Simon´s door?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
google: Steganos

if you are that askeered imo irl btw fyi

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

After WITD had enthralled us all with his cryptic spook-speak, the feds paid ATS a visit. So I've been told.

Who is WITD?
The initials don't sound familiar.

Whispers in the Dark. I think he was someone at the DoD.

We're not 'posed to discuss it, tho. Again, so I've been told.

It was pretty wild, tho... He spoke in such a cryptic, seemingly knowing way, you couldn't help giving yourself over to his pontifications.

Now let me just say this: I AIN'T GONNA KILL MYSELF!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
The government doesn't care about you.

What country are you in? The country I am in (G.Wub ruling I mean presiding) want to know everything about everybody. Havn't read into the sub-structure of the PAII have you, if someone here is deemed the need of investegation, the Feds need not present any subpeona, warrant, etc, to the ATS owners - the Fed just deem it as terror related - access granted by law. Hell, the most angst benign thread in ATS I could, more than likely, correlate a "possible terror threat" of a poster in it - this relates to that, to that, to that, terrorism. The more the gov knows, the less it will fear. ATS, with this many members of this atmosphere, should be swamped with gov. Don't need to post, or do post enuff to gain the simplest level of trust, watch, listen, takes notes and names. This site is a gold mine to any agency wanting to see what is going on with common man. It's not about neccessarily a "terror network", as would be tabulation and insight. If you don't think the US gov does tactics as such, then you need to get of ATS and start reading elsewhere.

Hell, people like you - saying "we arn't" are the FIRST people I would think IS. Either "are them", or are a sheep thinking that the US government just does not do that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
O.K. I'll put this in simple terms.

The Government can and do record what you say or do, with or without Simon's help. Every IP number is logged, even if you think yours rotates it is logged. But they can't come on her and post anything that could get us in trouble. This is called "Entrapment". Now although that no longer exists in America, in Europe it does. Furthermore, if they did come on here and attempt to do that due to "Terrorism" they'd get so screwed it would make Watergate look like a Picnic.

Firstly was he paid a visit or subpoenaed to attend court? Because in the U.K. these are two very different things, I'm not 100% sure on the American legal system, my Degree only covers 49states, Russia, Australia, The U.K. and anywhere that uses Common Law system but they're also two very different things..

But they don't really care, none of you pose a massive National Security Risk and last I checked, if you were posting information to make explosives, home made weapons, etc, then it goes against the point of this forum (and I though the Terms and Conditions). On the other hand if you're running around going: "BOMB AMERICA!" they probable are keeping a record of you and laughing.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yep, the government watches us, Alex Jones said and so have the administration on this site, its nothing really to be worried about until you do or see something to get their attention. The chances are, they are reading this thread because we have brought up the patriot act, WITD and afew other topics.

Simon would only had over IPs if he was forced to, he wouldnt do it for a reason. I spoke to him a lot of christmas and he is a nice guy, he wont hurt us.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The chances are, they are reading this thread because we have brought up the patriot act, WITD and afew other topics.

Okay, so that would mean that somewhere out there, some dude is getting paid big bucks to read ATS all day and getting provided with free pizza and coffee.

Well, lemme tell ya something:

I WANT THAT DUDE'S JOB!!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The spooks are boring at ATS, i asked them to get in contact with me once and i had no word back lol you probably remember me public cries to be contacted by them lol anyways, i doubt the CIA want me...even though im planning an attack MWAHAHAHAHAHAH

*really shouldnt of said that lol*

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Simon would only had over IPs if he was forced to, he wouldnt do it for a reason. I spoke to him a lot of christmas and he is a nice guy, he wont hurt us.

I swear they said the same thing about Hitler.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
lol

key thing to remember, ATS is a British owned site and Simon iis free from the US patriot Act, etc, so you dont have to worry about that.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Infinite, were you here when WITD was posting?

They ran him off (for those of you who don't remember)

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Infinite, were you here when WITD was posting?

They ran him off (for those of you who don't remember)

i was lurking then, i remember it well...

it happened afew days before i signed up i think

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Simon's one of us is he? -twiddles thumbs- Now it all falls into place.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

The chances are, they are reading this thread because we have brought up the patriot act, WITD and afew other topics.

Okay, so that would mean that somewhere out there, some dude is getting paid big bucks to read ATS all day and getting provided with free pizza and coffee.

Well, lemme tell ya something:

I WANT THAT DUDE'S JOB!!

It's the same guy that gave the Senate the info on Galloway, the source is probably one of the people on ATS. lol

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

lol

key thing to remember, ATS is a British owned site and Simon iis free from the US patriot Act, etc, so you dont have to worry about that.

Ya but any threat onto the America or its intrests(i.e. territories and all that good stuff) can be seen as a threat by U.S. government no matter where you are at. If you live in Britain they will come find you. It would be the FBI because I believe they are the only ones in our government that would have jurisdiction over there. But yea Simon won't have to hand anything over legally unless I don't remember the British laws anymore and they changed it.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

lol

Where are the servers hosted?
If they're in the US I think the US government has the authority to demand information on the activity of those servers.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
not sure,
You would have to ask SO

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

it happened afew days before i signed up i think

Me too! I still have the hardcopy in a file in my desk w/the rest of my investigative stuff.
It was too good to throw away. That dude was smokin'.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890

lol

Ya but any threat onto the America or its intrests(i.e. territories and all that good stuff) can be seen as a threat by U.S. government no matter where you are at. If you live in Britain they will come find you. It would be the FBI because I believe they are the only ones in our government that would have jurisdiction over there. But yea Simon won't have to hand anything over legally unless I don't remember the British laws anymore and they changed it.

Actually the F.B.I. and C.I.A. etc do not have "Jurisdiction" in Britain nor can they ever come over here and arrest people, etc. All they can do is ask for permission to A) Work with MI5 on an Internal British Security Matter, B) Work with MI6 on a JOINT External security matter or C) Share information. They cannot arrest someone in any British Territory. The best they can do is ask for a British Citizen to be sent to America for Trial, which would never happen because of the outcry it would cause or ask for us to place a British Citizen on Trial.

I would love two FBI officers to show up outside my house and attempt to arrest me, God Bless the Criminal Law Act of 1967. Allowing me to defend myself however I see fit and the right to "pre-emtively" defend myself in any situation I see fit. :-)

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes sorry I didn't mean jurisdictian per-se but what i meant was what you explained. I'm not sure how British thoughts are relating Americans, but I'm sure that if asked the authoriteis over there(whoever they may be) would work with them especially if it was a matter of security

P.S. When you mentioned pre-emtively defend yourself. I don't know if I understood this right but does that mean you can beat the crap out of them if you see fit or does it mean you can defend yourself in a trial. I'm a little behind on these terms

[edit on 3-6-2005 by 9890]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join