It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Letter 69 June 2005 Be Warned !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just received a Destiny letter for June 2005 from Merrimac, MA, USA entitled Be Warned. I have read these newsletters for many years. The letters of the past have never been anywhere like the National Enquirer. In fact, they are usually just the opposite with down-to-Earth meaningful data. I hope this is the case this time as well. If you would like to see the letter send me an email and I will forward a copy in j-peg format.

The importance of the letter is in stating that some hugh catastrophe is on the way to Earth and could be here in two years or sooner. Chuck Kuhler pastor of The Virginia Christian Israelites writes I fully expect those within the government to lie and speak untruths in a massive cover-up of the truth.

He continues with: the Roman Catholic Church has built a massive observatory, with ultra-high, security, staffed by accredited Jesuit astronomers, just outside of Flagstaff, AZ, USA. This is to ascertain if a mysterious heavenly body is coming in the direction of Earth.

I have been to the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, AZ in the past few years. All the equipment is in that facility is antique tourist stuff. The Park Rangers talk about the new observatory further onto the top of the mountain but they do not elaborate any further than to say it is modern and continues to be used for research into the skies.

If there is an astroid, out of a better term to use, headed for the this planet Earth, it can be a near-miss and still be devastating. The magnetic poles could possibly shift positions as well as the Earth axis rotation shift and orbit around the Sun become modified.

The Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of 2005 caused a small shift in rotational degree offset. The Tsunami will seem as a minor global occurrance if this author is correct. This article brings up more questions than it answers to be sure.
1. Is the Vatican spending money on observatory research in Flagstaff?
2. If so, Why?
3. Have the Astromoners found what they are looking for such as a near-miss to our planet Earth?
4. If the astroid/comet is headed toward Earth how long do we have to prepare?
5. What do we do to prepare for such a devastating occurrence if this becomes fact?
6. Does the author of the Be Warned know what he is talking about or is he full of hot air?

Until we have more information, it sounds like someone has watched to much scifi on TV. Please comment on the possiblities of a cover-up or the existance of an astroid/comet in close vicinity within a few years.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sounds interesting, maybe we can use google maps to confirm the existence of this observatory?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It takes years to build a new observatory capable of carrying out science that can not be currently conducted with the Vatican's own equipment. This story sounds shaky to me, since the Vatican already has a well-publicized relationship with the University of AZ and staff the VTT with jesuit observers (see below).

The Vatican Observatory is one of the oldest astronomical institutes in the world and the only research group directly supported by the Holy See. The church funds the observatory to the tune of about $1 million a year, leaving its operation to the Jesuits, a religious order whose "charism," or special gift to the church, is scholarship.

Ten Jesuit astronomers split their time between Italy and Tucson, Arizona, where the Vatican Observatory Research Group has offices at the University of Arizona’s Steward Observatory. In collaboration with Steward, the Jesuits built the 70-inch (1.8-meter) Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT) on Mount Graham, 75 miles (120 kilometers) northeast of Tucson.

Also, the Vatican has had a strong interest in astronomy since the days of Galileo. There would need to be something more persuasive than the odd newsletter to lend credence to this theory. It's interesting, but needs more meat on the bones

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josekinuc

Until we have more information, it sounds like someone has watched to much scifi on TV. Please comment on the possiblities of a cover-up or the existance of an astroid/comet in close vicinity within a few years.

i can imagine both the Vatican and your newsletter author
have been aware of "MERLIN' project
(i won't put links up, they will just be deleted, ?, again)

the established, mainstream, "Merlin' program says that 'some event'
is likely in 2005-2006 & Merlin analysis uses the example of possible asteroid strike as an example only!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The importance of the letter is in stating that some hugh catastrophe is on the way to Earth and could be here in two years or sooner

Thats more than just a little bit vague no?? Why do they have a 2 year time scale??

I'm willing to bet that its bunk. THe 'Virginia Christian Israelites' (which i read to be radical-evangelical christians) are concerned about the 'roman catholic church' having an observatory? Sounds like the common protestant hysteria over the catholics really.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
NASA has a near earth object tracking program, called NEO or something like that. I know they have a list of all objects projected to come between the earth and the sun over the next 10 years or so.

They've also stated their policy that they would not tell the public if there was an impact coming, so I'm not sure what the point of making a list is - you can only be sure the ones on the list won't hit us...

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just a note of clarification: The Vatican Observatory is on Kitt Peak, outside of Tucson. The original post spoke of this as being the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff.
joey

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
When I originally posted this article, I thought it was full of hot air. Destiny Newsletter normally has informative articles. I was hoping maybe I was not reading it properly. But, it seems my first thought was valid, it is full of hot air.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josekinuc
Just received a Destiny letter for June 2005 from Merrimac, MA, USA entitled Be Warned. I have read these newsletters for many years. The letters of the past have never been anywhere like the National Enquirer. In fact, they are usually just the opposite with down-to-Earth meaningful data. I hope this is the case this time as well. If you would like to see the letter send me an email and I will forward a copy in j-peg format.

Can you host it on a website for us to take a look at?

The importance of the letter is in stating that some hugh catastrophe is on the way to Earth and could be here in two years or sooner. Chuck Kuhler pastor of The Virginia Christian Israelites writes I fully expect those within the government to lie and speak untruths in a massive cover-up of the truth.

Sounds like he's gotten into one of the Sitchin/Zetatalk cults, doesn't it?

He continues with: the Roman Catholic Church has built a massive observatory, with ultra-high, security, staffed by accredited Jesuit astronomers, just outside of Flagstaff, AZ, USA. This is to ascertain if a mysterious heavenly body is coming in the direction of Earth.

I have been to the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, AZ in the past few years. All the equipment is in that facility is antique tourist stuff. The Park Rangers talk about the new observatory further onto the top of the mountain but they do not elaborate any further than to say it is modern and continues to be used for research into the skies.

This is one of those things where there's about half a grain of truth in all that nonsense. Lowell is very active in a number of solar system research projects, including one of Near Earth Object observations:
www.lowell.edu...

And the Vatican *DOES* have an observatory and is a joint partner in several observatories (go figger! I was surprised!) that they rent out to others and do maintain a staff of astronomers (something I think I sorta knew but never read up on):
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

(list of major observatories: www.astro.uni-bonn.de... )

(history of the Vatican Observatory: www.newadvent.org... )

If there is an astroid, out of a better term to use, headed for the this planet Earth, it can be a near-miss and still be devastating.

Actually, no. Firstly, asteroids are objects that are less than moon-sized -- the largest one known (which was spotted long ago) is Ceres and it's under 1,000 km (less than 70 miles across). This is a fraction of the size of Earth. Chicxulub was estimated to be about 10 miles in diameter.

Most asteroids are tiny. tigger.uic.edu...

But even something 10 or 30 miles in diameter is too small to have a gravitational field big enough to affect Earth.

The magnetic poles could possibly shift positions as well as the Earth axis rotation shift and orbit around the Sun become modified.

That's where his science becomes non-science (nonsense.) The Earth's magnetic poles are generated by the movement of its molten iron core and aren't THAT susceptable to moving.

A little basic science experiment (or thought experiment) will show you how bad that pseudo-science is. Try putting a car next to a bar magnet. Do you think the car will change the poles of the bar magnet? Now, try putting a pea (or even a steel BB) next to a bar magnet. Does it cause the poles to flip? The car has a huge gravitational force compared to the bar magnet, and the steel BB imitates a moon-sized asteroid near Earth. Did either affect the magnet?

No.

And the Earth, similarly, won't be affected.

The Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami of 2005 caused a small shift in rotational degree offset. The Tsunami will seem as a minor global occurrance if this author is correct. This article brings up more questions than it answers to be sure.

The one question that it brings up for me (and it's rather unkind) is "how on EARTH did he make it through junior high school science class????"

2. If so, Why?

See article on the history. As for "why", well, astronomical observatories are research facilities and they rent out time... it's quite lucrative for them.

3. Have the Astromoners found what they are looking for such as a near-miss to our planet Earth?

Lots. There's lists of them maintained. And non-government astronomers (amateurs, etc) spot such objects frequently so the chatter about them is all over the nets.

No significant risk of impact within the next 50 years or so. Due to the recent initiative by Congress, the US is stepping up efforts to observe and locate these and so observatories are joining in the search.

5. What do we do to prepare for such a devastating occurrence if this becomes fact?

Quit worrying about everyone who shrieks, "Disaster!" You can spend your whole life taking precautions and never learn to live and have fun and have adventures. If disaster comes our way, it WILL Be known and we can discuss options then. But until that time, you're wasting energies on an event that has a recorded 1 in 500,000,000 chance of happening. You'd do better to worry about being hit by a runaway elephant.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

6. Does the author of the Be Warned know what he is talking about or is he full of hot air?

The answer is yes and yes. But he's gotten ahold of some doomsday scenarios and has a reason to suddenly believe in them (might be religious reasons) and he's running around screaming over some rather overblown facts.

...or he's watched too much bad scifi on TV.

Governments couldn't cover it up. Too many amateur skywatchers who like to hunt and track these things.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobeThey've also stated their policy that they would not tell the public if there was an impact coming ...

Urban legend, frequently debunked here.

It was one of their CONTRACTORS who said this (not NASA) and he was quickly denounced for being a completely clueless idiot by everyone, including his own company. It'd be impossible to hide, anyway... too many amateur astronomers out there.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have heard that they are looking out for a comet passing over the moon and is supposed to be the eye of god, has anyone else heard of this

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This might help out by answering a few of your questions.

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
I have heard that they are looking out for a comet passing over the moon and is supposed to be the eye of god, has anyone else heard of this

do you mean this literally or in a doomsday way?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If this story were true there are millions of amateur astronomers all over the globe that would have already picked up on this. Looking through a telescope and finding something 2 years away from earth is not that difficult.

Yes, if it were true I doubt the government would let people know. It would cause mass hysteria, and talking about religious uproar!!!!

Most would not give a care of anything, and chaos would ensue.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Einstien also prediced a magnetic shift. Not to mention the gravity of the asteroid, pulling our planet out of orbit.

I am currently working on a theory, about magnetic pole shift. Einstein predicted that the poles would shift to the equator. What does this mean? It could mean that volcanoes will erupt, earthquakes a plenty, and global climate catastrophe. Have the poles shifted in the past? Yes, our magnetic field is very dynamic. There is always "polar wandering," meaning that magnetic north shifts, and wanders.

My theory, involves the disappearance of Atlantis, and the posibility that the poles shifted on them and thie once great civilization lies either at the bottom of the ocean, or underneath the polar ice caps.

In many of my classes I have studied the temperature data of the eart, dating back to the dinosaurs. And it is very odd. Before life on earth, the climate was very wild and unstable. Just recently (considering the age of our planet recently encompasses a few thousand years) our climate has become eerily stable. Based on the data, global warming is nothing compared the the temperatures that were once on earth. Extremes of cold and heat.

Is the government planning to offset the balance in order to generate a mini-ice age? Or a global climate shift. Will the planet tip on its axis, creating new poles? still working on gathering data.

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

[edit on 10-6-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I wish I new of a website to post it. If one of you have a website, I could send you the pages that I scanned in .JPG format.

Most intesting thoughts on the possibility of magnetic polar shifts. That would cause a huge climate shift and really upset much as we now call terrafirma. I wonder what could cause the poles to wander beside a large body close to Earth in proximity. Thanks for the different views. Maybe the article is not so full of Hot Air. But I agree, Amatuers would surely pick up any body maybe before the professionals. It has happened before where amatuers have been first.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I remember years ago seeing a show on the discovery channel about, how galaxy's rotation causes us to come close to some astriod field, or another galaxy or something and that - that happens every astronomical time period, but would account for the sudden and periodic extentions on earth.

Maybe our time is coming......

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think there are reasons that ancient civilizations pre-determined long cycles of time, because atleast one of those cycles having to do with the return of the 'gods' would actually be a reference to an astronomical event, with dire implications on Earth.

The greatest danger from a so called Near Miss by an object that is sufficiently massive (maybe the size of the moon or bigger) would not be purely from its gravitational effect on us, but more so, its impact on the ASTEROID belt, about 1 AU away from the Earth.

If a 'god' disturbed the asteroid belt, Earth would have MANY comets suddenly hurtling towards it, of course most would not be headed in the right direction, but it only takes one.

Or there is the case for magnetic flip, also something I am sure the ancients calculated.

A lot of questions you have, Nygan. "more than just a little bit vague no?? Why do they have a 2 year time scale?? "

Are you certain enough of anything to keep you from considering the possibility?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

If there is an astroid, out of a better term to use, headed for the this planet Earth, it can be a near-miss and still be devastating.

Actually, no. Firstly, asteroids are objects that are less than moon-sized -- the largest one known (which was spotted long ago) is Ceres and it's under 1,000 km (less than 70 miles across). This is a fraction of the size of Earth. Chicxulub was estimated to be about 10 miles in diameter.

Ceres is listed as being 960X932 Km, that's close to 600 miles in diameter, not "70 miles".

1 Ceres 960 x 932 870,000 9.075 hrs 4.60 yrs C 2.767 AU 0.0789 10.58 deg 1 Ceres

The magnetic poles could possibly shift positions as well as the Earth axis rotation shift and orbit around the Sun become modified.

That's where his science becomes non-science (nonsense.) The Earth's magnetic poles are generated by the movement of its molten iron core and aren't THAT susceptable to moving.

The magnetic poles have changed many times in the past, google it and you'll find hundreds of articles on the changes and the current thinking on the likelyhood of another shift soon.

TIME TO SHIFT
www.popularmechanics.com...
"It is generally accepted that during a reversal, the geomagnetic field decreases to about 10 percent of its full polarity value," says Brad Clement, a researcher at Florida International University. After the field has weakened, the directions undergo a nearly 180° change, and then the field strengthens in the opposite direction. However, scientists remain uncertain about how long this process takes. Researchers have reported periods ranging from 1000 to 28,000 years. "Figuring out what happens as the field reverses polarity is difficult because reversals are rapid events, at least on geologic time scales," says a spokesman for the National Science Foundation (NSF), which funded Clement's work. To find polarity transition records, Clement examined sediment cores obtained through the international NSF-supported Ocean Drilling Program. These solid cylinders are a sort of filmstrip of snapshots of past geomagnetic activity that reveal the direction and strength of the Earth's magnetic field at precise points in time.

2. If so, Why?

See article on the history. As for "why", well, astronomical observatories are research facilities and they rent out time... it's quite lucrative for them.

Sorry, but that would be like Donald Trump running a carwash. The Vatican is as wealthy as some countries. Astronomers are notoriously underfunded and scrabbling for grant money every year. Observatories are money pits not profit makers.

The Vatican builds it's observatories for their own reasons - I don't know what they are but it's sure to have a religious slant don't ya think?

No significant risk of impact within the next 50 years or so. Due to the recent initiative by Congress, the US is stepping up efforts to observe and locate these and so observatories are joining in the search.

Hmmm... No significant risk of impact but Congress wants the efforts stepped up?

Like they say in the south... If it was a snake it would have bit ya.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by speight89

do you mean this literally or in a doomsday way?

I think a mix because that is when, supposdly(sp?) the devil (anti-christ) will come again and they have to find some female, I forget which kind!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join