It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Noah, God Killed again.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In looking at the Bible, It is clear that there is a situation at hand in Genesis, where Eve eats from the tree of Knowledge. Which of course gives man the capabilty, according to the serpant, to see the difference between good and evil.

God closed the gates of the Garden of Eden after his decree, and cursed the land, as well as increased the pain of child birth.

Later, he Flooded the earth, and restarted the world with Noahs seed promising not to kill again, or curse the earth.

Later, if Im in error, let me know, he Kills off two Cities in Sodom, and Gohmorra becasue of being evil again, hence renigging on his promise. Was this a natural catastrophy?

Im beginning to think so, for why would God kill Gods children? What about passover? The egyptians?

God promised not to kill, yet he did. Am I wrong here? Or is it merely a repetition of occurance in the Bible that makes it appears as the promise is vioalated.

Peace

[edit on 3-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
actualy if i remember correctly. God did not promise not to kill again. what he promised was to not destroy the entire earth again, or ALL the people on earth. remember originaly he was just going to compleately destroy earth and all the humans., most likely most if not all otherr lifeforms as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
In looking at the Bible, It is clear that there is a situation at hand in Genesis, where Eve eats from the tree of Knowledge. Which of course gives man the capabilty, according to the serpant, to see the difference between good and evil.

Later, he Flooded the earth, and restarted the world with Noahs seed promising not to kill again, or curse the earth.

God promised not to kill, yet he did. Am I wrong here?
[edit on 3-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]

God said to Noah that He would never again flood the earth with water to destroy all living things.

satan said they would be like God knowing good and evil. That was a lie, they didn't know good and evil they performed good and evil. And disobedient evil acts(sin) seperated them from God.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just a thought to any parents out there.

If you love your child, or your children, will you drown them? Burn them?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
God said to Noah that He would never again flood the earth with water to destroy all living things.

Yea He couldnt quit cold turkey so now he's doing it in steps. The Tsunami was like a nicotine patch right?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Yea He couldnt quit cold turkey so now he's doing it in steps. The Tsunami was like a nicotine patch right?

Does that mean he'll have to apologise to every single person he's killed as part of a 12 step program?

Gotta lead by example and all.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Does that mean he'll have to apologise to every single person he's killed as part of a 12 step program?

Gotta lead by example and all.

I think his' is more like a 100,000,012 step program.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Originally posted by dbrandt

My take on it is He will not flood the entire earth at one single time to destroy mankind.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

God is sovereign, and because of the evil man does God has had to take some actions that we will not completely understand this side of eternity. People keep forgetting that mankind rejected a relationship with God. As a result we live in a world whereby we are seeing the result of that rejection. We are getting a taste of what a world built by man results in.

Why don't you go and create your own universe and see how that goes.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Dbrant, you are completely out of your mind.

You didn't answer the question. God knew long before he even started to create his universe all of our lives, all of our choices, and all of our outcomes.

The fact that you are blind to the consequences of that, your belief, goes to show that you are incapable of reasoning. You are a drag on society, and at best, a wasted oppurtunity for human knowledge and advancement.

Answer the question. Would a parent hurt their children if they loved them?

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Seapeople, only if is in the name of the lord or because the lord tells them to do it. Right?

We have plenty of this kind of people around that hear the voices of the lord telling to kill others.

So, most parent loves their children and then you have the ones that the lord guides their killing spree with voices in their head.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are a drag on society, and at best, a wasted oppurtunity for human knowledge and advancement.

[edit on 6/3/2005 by Seapeople]

A human parent wouldn't kill their child if they loved him/her. Have I ever killed one of my children, no. Have I ever hurt one of my children physically, no. Have I ever hurt them with words, yes. It is impossible for people not to hurt someone else. The words you said to me hurt, but I because I know Christ, I know where they are coming from.

Another point for everyone. People try to bring God down to human terms and try to define Him. That's not possible. God is who He is. People right now, because of the DaVinci code, are trying to completely humanize Jesus. Jesus was human but He was also God at the same time and that part can't be forgotten. He has a different agenda than us.

God has the power over life and death. If God doesn't want your lungs to take in one more breath of air they won't, or your heart to beat one more time, He can stop it. That's a truth. Here is another truth. If God doesn't want your lungs to stop breathing they won't, or your heart to stop beating it won't.

So if I'm being a drag on society, it would be better if I, and I assume other christians were gone. Wow this will probably be a first. We are both agreeing on the same thing. You want christians to leave and alot of christians are desiring for God to come get us. So I have been praying for Christ to return for us,because this world is not what we desire. If you want to pray also for His return it would seem that would accomplish something you desire also.

Just to let you know even though you wouldn't acknowledge it, God is using you. How? It takes an awful lot of patience and love and to respond to you without throwing insults, when that is what you do first. God is using you to test me in my application of the fruit of the spirit.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We have plenty of this kind of people around that hear the voices of the lord telling to kill others.

So I have a question marg. I don't make posts insulting people and belittling them. Seapeople does and you, knowingly or unknowingly, are closer to His camp than mine.

Jesus told us that sins have a beginning. As for murder, Jesus said it's beginning would be insulting someone. If those insults are allowed to flourish and grow, and not be corrected, and allowed to be carried to their conclusion it would be literal murder of that other person. Marg while I don't agree with your opinion of God and who He is, there is one thing I thought. I thought that you had a guenuine desire to be complete. I guess I was wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Would you ever hurt your children?

Everyone answer it.

Would you?

Your child is going around killing your other children. Hes a murderer and liar. He does not recognize your authority and says he will kill you too.
The law that everyone knows about has already declared he will be executed if convicted.

Who is killing who.

This type is all too common. So blinded by hate and jealousy that they cannot see truth or logic because of it.
They commit all manner of hate crimes and other crimes and then scream and pout because they are convicted. Truth and morality are are nothing.

Jesus put it like this

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Actually it was in the news in recent years in which a mother killed her daughter because she thought it was a witch.

Here in GA it was a family that killed their son during an exorcist because the child was in their minds possessed by the devil.

Excuse me are plenty of stories about people performing heinous acts because they think they are doing it in their name of their lord whomever it may be.

Yes are plenty of people out there hurting children for one reason or another, not only family members but also predators, child abusers and sexual offenders.

Murder and killing is as old as time itself, actually it has been in this earth since man took over the rest of the earth species, be by divine call or for sport.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Murder and killing is as old as time itself, actually it has been in this earth since man took over the rest of the earth species, be by divine call or for sport.

Or Adam and Eve believed satan's lie that by disobeying God they would know right and wrong and be like God, when in actuality by disobeying God they were seperated from God and the ability to do right and wrong(sin) became a part of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I too, am on a Journey of learning...and this was a rushed post.

In researching this post that I did Originally..here is what I have come to know..

Before the flood this is what was stated:

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Then...after the flood:

and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

God understands that man has an imagination...and that he said that he would not smite " EVERY" thing living.

When I read on Sodom and on Gomorrah. I found the following:

And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous...

This was an Evil City. Even when the Angels showed up..read this:

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them

So basically..the Men of S&G were wanting to have sex with the Angels who came to check the place out.

Bottom Line..after reading the Bible, and exploring these passages, while it could be true that S&G were destroyed by fire, only God knows exactly how it was done.

It was not a violation of promise. It was an error on my part. Reading all of the story, and understanding the way, helps us all to understand the ways of God.

Christ tells us that we live again. So..knowing that, when there is extreme evil on the planet, God knowing that we live again, ridding outrageous evil from the planet that only he truly can witness en masse is his choice..

Hence the Lesson of Job..for all of us are at the Mercy of God ultimately.

Peace

[edit on 18-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Glad to see you figured it out ..the correct pattern of what was and was not. Is and is not.

It is obvious to me that most of the posters on this thread havent a clue prefering "logic and resason of men." as a substitute for the truth of what was actually going on in those days.

Also correct...the declaration was not that God would not destroy the earth but that He would not destroy the Earth again by Water and flood. I believe this was Dbrandt's original positon. They have it correct.

Also as to Seapeople's position of whether a "Loving Parent " would kill thier child. I will remind so many people of "Logic and Reason" "Reasonable People" ...that this is exactly what is recorded as happening in the Nations which surrounded the Nation of Israel in the olde testament. These loving people were offering up their children and often thier first born to be sacraficed to thier gods. This is not a concept brought up by Logical Reasonable people in order to pronounce guilt and fault on the God of the Bible. Not smart.
Logical/Reasonable people often count on the concept that many dont know much history. They are mostly correct on counting on people not know much history. Shame that most people who claim to be Christians dont know much history themselves...even Biblical History.
This History is also recorded from Pagan records which survive...not Just Bible History.

Whenever I hear people on many of these boards speak highly of logic and reason especially Human logic and reasoning. ..warning flags automatically go up. BE very careful what passes for human greatness, logic and reason. If you know certain patterns and events in history much of human logic and reasoning on these types of topics doesnt make good nonsense.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Dbrant, you are completely out of your mind.

This is one way to approach a dialogue, and promote a healthy atmosphere.

You didn't answer the question.

But, Dbrandt did offer an answer to the question.

The fact that you are blind to the consequences of that, your belief, goes to show that you are incapable of reasoning. You are a drag on society, and at best, a wasted oppurtunity for human knowledge and advancement.

WOW. Why not call him a son of a fat nasty disgusting repulsive skanky putred deusch neglecting $2 trailer trash crack prostitute who's nothing but a genetic u-turn in the evolutionary scale of mankind while you are at it?

name calling is sort of uncalled for.

A time out can be a painful thing for a child. isolated, alone with their nose up against the wall just contemplating a thing ....

You said:

Dbrandt offered a plausible response to the question. He suggested God is giving us a time out, which is in effect one form of disciplinary training, aka punishment.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
~Psalms 116:15

Each death is one step closer to living. Without dying anymore.

Yeah. Time-out. Good to slow down and THINK alone.

THINK, my son, what have you done?
Was it fun?
What have you won?
Did you harm none?

ps
(i bet the saints win the super bowl...who knows?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join