It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Code... Is it true?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm almost sure that this thread has been posted before although I've never seen it. So a group of Hebrew Scholars developed a computer software that has downloaded all the hebrew text of the old testament and gridded it out into different matrix's. Now their purpose for this was to find hidden codes within the bible are meant for our findings. Sir Issac Newton, along with many other scgolrs throughout history have eluded that all aspect of life, past, present and future can be found in the old testament.

This alone could have been their motivation for searching, however, they completed their software and began their experiement. Their plan was to type in "key words" into the software and that word will be search for in the grids of matrix's. When that word is found, that grid that it is in, some grids tighter than others, are pulled out and examined to find other words or phrases that relate to the original word.

For instance their first search was for prominent Hebrew Rabbis in history and their deaths. Sure enough their matches were found in tight grids. (Moshe Chaim Luzzatto 1746 - Yisrael Ben Eleazar 1760) Fascinating!

Here are some of their search results (these texts showed up in the same matrix grid)

Wright Brothers - Airplane
Man on Moon - Spaceship
Napoleon - France - Waterloo
Edison - Electricity - light bulb
Einstein - science - he overturned present reality
Newton - Gravity
Economic crash - 1929 - stocks
Hitler - evil man - slaughter - enemy
atomic holocaust - japan - 1945

Mathmaticians claim that these are beyond the possibiltiy of mathmatical chance. Although there are still skeptics. An Aulstrailian Skeptic proved that there were messages in Moby Dick, that had Princess Dianna and car crash in it. So The Hewbrews claim that in any great sized text you will find text anomylies, just never at the magnitude of the bibke code.

Could it be possible that past, present, and future are entangled throughout the old testament in intricate matrix's that by using simple ELS coding can be uncovered as so many men in history claimed but never proved. I have to say the info is pretty overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As far as is known, the 13th century Spanish rabbi Bachya ben Asher was the first to describe an ELS in the Bible. His 4-letter example related to the traditional zero-point of the Jewish calendar.

Over the following centuries there are some hints that the ELS technique was known, but few definite examples have been found from before the middle of the 20th century. At this point many examples were found by the Slovakian rabbi Michael Ber Weissmandl and published by his students after his death in 1957. Nevertheless, the practice remained known only to a few until the early 1980s, when some discoveries of an Israeli school teacher Avraham Oren came to the attention of the mathematician Eliyahu Rips at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Rips then took up the study together with his religious studies partner Doron Witztum and several others.

I to believe

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
BTW, I have the software and used it...very intersting software....

and yes...i think it's true...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Bible code can be fascinating. I had the software a few years back, but it was for Windows 95 and will not work on my XP system. You can google the Bible code and come up with all kinds of things. There appear to be as many promoters as there are debunkers. The problem I find with the Bible code though is the interpretation. It’s almost impossible to use it as a prediction tool. But hindsight can also be flawed. For example, say I entered 9/11 WTC and my results were as follows:

--------------B--------------
-----COVERUP-------------
--------------S---------------
--------------HEKNEW-----

We have Bush intersecting with cover up and he knew. Would that be proof that Bush knew and was complicit in a cover up or would it just mean that many people suspected these things. The Bible code can reinforce what we think we already know but I’m still not certain of its validity.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Though fascinating and an innovative idea along the lines of the Nostredamas quatrains.... it is my understanding that the same techniques can be applied to virtually any text...... "Moby Dick", "Jonathan Livingston Seagull","The Hound of the Baskervilles".... etc.

Currently I'm working on stock market predictions found hidden in the works of Clive Cussler.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
my favorite DIRK PITT . Clive should bring him back.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think with any of these claims you have to ask yourself: "why do they always only predict things that have already happened?" Why don't these guys use the so called bible codes to tell us something useful about the future? Tell us something that will happen and then when it does happen all us skeptics will go "Wow! They were right all along". It hasn't happened yet.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Mathematicians claim that these are beyond the possibility of mathematical chance.

Which mathematicians? Actually the people who promote the bible codes say claim that mathematicians say that. When the codes first came out there were a couple of statisticians who thought who claimed it was statistically impossible, but they have since withdrawn this claim. You will not find a serious statistician who claims there is anything but chance at play in drawing out these "predictions".

Have a look through this excellent website which thoroughly demolishes the bible code theory:

cs.anu.edu.au...

This includes lots of links to peer reviewed academic papers that have appeared in international journals. It is not just the scientific community that thinks it is a load of rubbish - many biblical scholars point out that even if something was encoded in the original text, it would have been long since scrambled because of all the changes that have occurred to the language and the text itself over thousands of years.

Could it be possible that past, present, and future are entangled throughout the old testament in intricate matrix's that by using simple ELS coding can be uncovered as so many men in history claimed but never proved. I have to say the info is pretty overwhelming.

It would be overwhelming if true. Unfortunately all they have done is invent a particular set of rules that will pull meaningful sentences out of any large Hebrew text. They have then matched these back against past world events (not predicted the future!).

If you do believe in the judo Christian God (and you would have to believe in the bible codes) don't you think it is a bizarre thing for the omnipotent Creator of the Universe to do? This is nothing more than a word game or the sort of trick a street magician would do. If God wanted to warn us about Hitler or the invention of the light bulb (??) he could have just said that. It has been absolutely no use to humanity at all, apart from perhaps making a few people some serious money.

Before you make up your mind please check out the above site and these ones:

cs.anu.edu.au...

www.straightdope.com...

biblequiz.freeservers.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The Bible Code... Is it true?

No.

Remember that the Bible was made up of SEVERAL books. And some of these were discarded, some edited, etc. Not to mention countless translations, rewording, etc.

IF there ever was a code, it would have been completely destroyed by the editorial process.

Also, you can find similar such "revelations" in any text, such as the dictionary, a magazine, War and Peace, etc.

link   
As soon as I heard that the world would end by a comet by those guys that research the bible code,I just turned the channel.

link   
there was one Rabbin was warned but you can always say he was warned at least twice a week ,but not from a code in the bible.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I suppose you guys already know that a similar technique, with comparable results, was used on at least two other books: "Moby Dick" and "War and Peace". Maybe God also authored them, but that's a stertch.

Come on now, given the breadth of interpretation and the combinatorial power of large aggregations of text, you can find almost anything in those "matrices".

There has been studies on this subject.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My Software works on XP,too !

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I mention this only in passing as an unusual coincidence ... nothing more, .... so please, no
ing.

I've been doing some PERSONAL Bible Code research. I used my name, my wife's name (and nickname) and the date we exchanged vows (Aug 15th) to track down a Bible Code connection.

The letter skip I was lead to was 8665, the passage was Ruth 4:11 - "The LORD make the woman that is come into your house like Rachel and like Leah" - and the specific line (highlighted in yellow on the .gif file) is 901341.

PERSONAL BACKGROUND FOR THIS BIBLE CODE:

My wife's name is Liamie, which was supposed to be Leah May, but the clerk filling out the birth certificate couldn't spell it correctly. Anyway, her nickname is Yameh.

I flew to meet her and her family on the island province of Cebu, in the Philippines, on August 9th 2001, after a three month Internet relationship. Anyway, ... we exchanged vows on August 15th 2001 at her family's home in Cebu.

freepages.family.rootsweb.com...

I've also found another Bible Code with my last name (which appears at least eight separate times via various letter skips), wherein my birth date, my son's name and my wife's name are in close proximity. Again, ... this proves nothing. I mention it only in passing as an unusual coincidence ... nothing more.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey, interesting story !

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
bible code is a "prelude" to a simpler code in the bible, in all books, in all words. the key will be found in the belief systems, which are not as different as they seem. the message was always greater than the messengers. the message is the source, the messengers found the source.

yes it is real.
truth can not be seperated from truth.

if truth knows truth will still be truth no matter what ...... why would truth need to know "self preservation"?

self preservation = self before you serve anything or anyone.

is it therefore the computers between our ears that distort our own truth, because truth was introduced to "self preserve"?

can you comprehend that truth in the subconscious can not serve you truth consciously if consciously you still know fear and hate, which are byproducts of the cellular encoding of "self before i serve".

why is it when i hold truth in my left hand and i hold truth in my right hand, when i put them together they are not true?

can truth be seperated from truth?
can fact be seperated from fact?

maybe the left hand and the right hand are true, and us as the observers are flawed with programming of "self preserve" which causes ourselves to deny us even our own truth.

perhaps it is not ask not what your country can do for you.
perhaps it is not ask what you can do for your country.

expand it to the Nth degree.

ask not what consciousness and experience itself can do for you.
ask what you can do for experience and consciousness.

serve all consciousness and all that is experienced, and all consciousness and all that is experienced will be permitted to serve you.

you must know you are worthy of your own truth, if not it will ellude you by causing you to ellude your self.

"truth" and "self before you serve" are incompatible belief systems. which is winning within you?

or :bnghd:
:bash::bnghd:

[edit on 6/6/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacherself preservation = self before you serve anything or anyone.

I don't know about that.... That sort of makes Self Preservation sound so ... well ... selfish. I don't believe that Self Preservation is wholly selfish or evil ... in and of itself ... though it can certainly and quickly - given the proper circumstance and/or motivation - be turned into Selfish-Proclamation, that is to say, "Me! Me! Me! My needs, wants, desires before (and/or in place of) those of others!", etc.

What am I getting at? Well, Self Preservation doesn't always mean "self before you serve anything or anyone." Self Preservation might just move you to save your drowning offspring at the risk of your own life, whereas Selfish-Proclamation (i.e., the Dark Side of Self Preservation, if you will), would say, "Screw that! I ain't gonna kill myself drowning. I can always make another kid." See what I mean?

True, you might well have jumped into the water to rescue your offspring - perhaps your only offspring - in order to preserve your DNA on into the future, but if you were TRULY selfish (and self serving), then you'd avoid risking your life altogether, right? Yes? No? Ah, shoot! Who knows?

And, of course, there's the less self-centered examples of Fire Fighters and the Police and/or the odd Passer-By who places life and/or limb in peril to rescue others. Why would they do such a thing? Because their Super-Ego tells them that placing their life and/or limb in peril for another is the "right thing" to do? Hmmm.... If that be the case, then ... Self Preservation may not be as strong a drive as we so frequently give it credit for being. Just a thought.... I'll resume my seat in the Peanut Gallery at this time. Sorry for the unscheduled interuption in the programming. "Programming?" NO! I didn't mean it like that, Esoteric Teacher.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smadewell

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacherself preservation = self before you serve anything or anyone.

I don't know about that.... That sort of makes Self Preservation sound so ... well ... selfish. .............

And, of course, there's the less self-centered examples of Fire Fighters and the Police and/or the odd Passer-By who places life and/or limb in peril to rescue others. Why would they do such a thing? Because their Super-Ego tells them that placing their life and/or limb in peril for another is the "right thing" to do? Hmmm.... If that be the case, then ... Self Preservation may not be as strong a drive as we so frequently give it credit for being. Just a thought.... I'll resume my seat in the Peanut Gallery at this time. Sorry for the unscheduled interuption in the programming. "Programming?" NO! I didn't mean it like that, Esoteric Teacher.

i find your logic flawless. fire fighters. interesting example of people who decide to run into the most terminally severe of situations and environments to save strangers they have not even met. they decide this before even learning how to be a fire fighter.

super ego.

you do us all a great service by stepping out of the peanut gallery and sharing your logic. your translation of self preserve is a good one. some just feel that self preserve in the extreme circumstances means combating fear and hate with fear and hate which can only be bi-products of self-preserve. unfortunatley when facing fear and hate with fear and hate ..... some just create more fear and hate.

truth luvs truth.

self pre serve.

pre does mean before to most. however some in the peanut gallery think otherwise, those wise others. many are glad they are here.

self before serve verses serve before your self.

the peanut gallery is most appreciated!

new food for thought:
if consciousness is defined as something that can integrate information from an environment and react to it by affecting its environment, are cells not conscious?

is it possible "self before you serve" is the way our individual consciousnesses that make us whole, ie "cells" (jail cells), hold them back from fully integrating themselves together?

do i own my cells and totally command them?
do my cells own me and totally command me?

is there middle ground for both, without being called a scitzo, or is one skit that is the norm of mediacracy enough? i think the media is cracy.

will my last thought be "i am", or will it be "we are"?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teachernew food for thought:
if consciousness is defined as something that can integrate information from an environment and react to it by affecting its environment, are cells not conscious?

oh.... that's an interesting one i'm gonna chew on.... my knee jerk reaction is to say ... yes, per that definition, cells are conscious, but the question is ... are they self-conscious or more to the point ... are they self-aware? i smell a quantum puzzle cooking on the stove.
gonna have to let this one simmer and stew....

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
perhaps smadewell you should forget the hiss of the snake and drop the s.

madewell

made well, i am sure you are a good cook. remember, if it doesn't taste good, add more of whatever it is you like.

kits usually work out , you know the ready to prepare ones ........

but some say everything tastes like chicken .........

have fun in the kitchen.

kitchen.

kit see hen.

our cells have created language. language to communicate with us, perhaps.

u f o ..... of you?

men in black ....... call bin (son of in many languages is "bin/ben") men/man

men in black ....... call son men? ........ call son of man? .......... call men son?

hope it isn't overcooked.

[edit on 6/6/05 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Found this!

Which also answers my question about the Bible codes...

QUOTE///////Summary

These programs are excellent material for the study of human gullibility. They are also a nice example of religious propaganda. Otherwise, they are completely worthless.

None of this will be suprising to anyone who knows the background of producers Charles Sellier and David Balsiger as dedicated enemies of science. It turns out that the "Bible Code" is not the first hoax these guys have taken under their wings. More background on these two can be found with the aid of any of the standard Internet search engines.

© Copyright, Brendan McKay, 1998-1999.

cs.anu.edu.au...

IX
helen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join